Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joi's 2010 adventures, part 1 (the BIG one!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth JoitheArtist View Post
    Enterprise is due to be displayed in New York (though some NYers have been extremely ungracious about it) in the near future.
    Eeeks, I just read an editorial about that, and yes they are! I bet Houston would be happy to take the "fake shuttle" off their hands.
    "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
    Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Wow... longthread is loooong! That was so cool! I'm glad you had so much fun, and hey! party!
      "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
      "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

I was not even 4 when the moon landing happened in 1969 so I don't remember it ..don't know if my mother watched it or what

But yeah I followed Joi's adventures on FB with that launch she's a HUGE space geek
        https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
        Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Your poem is beautiful and made me cry. The shuttle program has always seemed to be so very important. I hate that they're discontinuing it, because I'm so afraid that we'll drop the whole idea of going into space, wimp out and stick to unmanned probes only.

Do you know the song "Witnesses' Waltz"?
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
            Your poem is beautiful and made me cry. The shuttle program has always seemed to be so very important. I hate that they're discontinuing it, because I'm so afraid that we'll drop the whole idea of going into space, wimp out and stick to unmanned probes only.

Do you know the song "Witnesses' Waltz"?
            NASA may not do any future manned missions, but private space has some VERY exciting stuff going on, especially Virgin Galactic and SpaceX. Keep up with SpaceX, they are the future.

And yes, i LOVE "Witnesses' Waltz"! Although now I tear up at the end when you can hear the rockets (there is nothing in the world that sounds like a rocket) and I remember being there and hearing it live. Actually, I own the whole album "To touch the Stars," it's got a lot of good stuff on it. My favorite serious one is "Fire in the Sky," and my favorite funny song on there is "Queen Isabella."
            "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

Working...
            X