This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ready to leave

I'm just so burnt out and just done with this place, I was going to stay until mid June but every morning I just dread coming to work so I went ahead and put in my notice effective May 26th so in 2.5 weeks I will be gone and I'm really, really happy about it.

For those of you who don't know, which I guess would be about everyone since I haven't posted much about it, my hubby is currently off at boot camp and will be graduating June 1st, but due to the program he is in he will not be able to move off base until the start of July. As it turns out, however, the Navy is perfectly okay with moving our stuff earlier than that and we will be able to see each other after his second week there (just not live together) so as soon as we find an apartment out in Cali I can go on over.

I'm glad to hear things are working out for you, Solumina! When you have to drag yourself with dread into work every day ... it's not worth it. Something better is waiting for you.

Comment

So glad for you & hubby that you're making progress. All the best!
      Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
      What's the difference?
      We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Welcome to the Left Coast!

You didn't say North or South Cali, so I don't know whether to say, Enjoy the Sunshine, or Welcome to Fog Central.
        Labor boards have info on local laws for free
        HR believes the first person in the door
        Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
        Document everything
        CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Thanks guys!

We'll be in Monterey, so pretty much right in the middle

Comment

Quoth Solumina View Post
            Thanks guys!

You will absolutely love it there! I lived in Salinas for a little while. Hated Salinas. Worked in Watsonville (nice little hospital, went there as a traveler, staff were awesome) for awhile, and spent most of my time off in Monterrey.

I think you will enjoy it. There's plenty of fun things to do, and easy access to San Jose.
            They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Solumina View Post
              Thanks guys!

Monterey is marvelous. Do visit the Aquarium when you get a chance, it's superb.

Best of luck with your move and job situation. Pixilated is absolutely right; a job you dread going to every morning is just not worth it.
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Today is officially my last day and god am I ready to be done with this place

Comment

Quoth Solumina View Post
                  Today is officially my last day and god am I ready to be done with this place
                  Put it this way:
                  Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
                  What's the difference?
                  We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Working...
                  X