This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Geek King View Post

Huh. New film fan theory: The events of Groundhog Day actually took place durning the time loop of Docter Strange.
    "Punxsutawney Phil, I've come to bargain!"
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Damn, I am waaaaay behind on ruining somebody's Christmas, what with the NES Classic being out of stock, along with the Mavic and Karma drones lack of availability and all of that.
      "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Mike Taylor View Post
        Damn, I am waaaaay behind on ruining somebody's Christmas, what with the NES Classic being out of stock, along with the Mavic and Karma drones lack of availability and all of that.
        Same here. It's already December 4 and I haven't ruined anybody's Christmas yet. *hangs head in shame*
        Last edited by Pixelated; 12-04-2016, 05:17 AM.
        Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

It's an old old story, but am I the only person here who HAS ruined Groundhog day??? Note: Maybe the dullest story of all time.
          Last edited by Mytical; 12-04-2016, 07:20 AM.
          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Mike Taylor View Post
            I did tell hear the disappointment in a customer's voice when told the Mavic would likely be here in Jan at the earliest...

Comment

OP wins the prize for first ruined Xmas of 2016.
              "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                It's an old old story, but am I the only person here who HAS ruined Groundhog day??? Note: Maybe the dullest story of all time.

Do tell, please.
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Actually I haven't ruined your Christmas...

(Deleted account including accrued points)

NOW I've ruined your Christmas!

Comment

I'm probably going to start ruining a lot of Christmases this week. I'll do my best to help people get their benefits, but there are things that I just cannot do, so the customer has to get the necessary documentation. For some people, expecting them to take charge of their own benefits seems to be totally unreasonable to them at the best of times.

Next week won't be the best of times in the food stamp offices.

Comment

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
                      Next week won't be the best of times in the food stamp offices.
                      I HOPE YOU ARE HAPPY! YOU ARE TAKING FOOD FROM MY BABIES!

Best of luck, you're going to need it...

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
                        I HOPE YOU ARE HAPPY! YOU ARE TAKING FOOD FROM MY BABIES!

Best of luck, you're going to need it...
                        AND WE WILL STARVE ON CHRISTMAS!!!!!

Let us know the nearest P.O. box to you and we'll all send bottles of the alcohol of your choice ...
                        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Thanks for the sympathy, its going to be bad. I'm sure that we will all be drinking heavily by the end of the week.

While I complain a lot here, that's what this site is for and there are SC's everywhere. There are also very nice patient people everywhere, but I don't talk about them because I'm here to vent or commiserate.

Many of our customers are on SSI or SSA. They are going to receive a whopping .003 raise in January. To a person, they have all joked about their plans for all that extra money.

One of the questions we ask is "do you have any rare or exotic animals?". One man answered yes. Of course I asked him what he had and he said he had a cat that wasn't a jerk.

While there are bad things about my job, for the most part I really like it. I get to give people food and get paid for it.

Comment

One of the questions we ask is "do you have any rare or exotic animals?". One man answered yes. Of course I asked him what he had and he said he had a cat that wasn't a jerk.
                            Stockholm Syndrome, quite common with cat owners.
                            How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Thanks for the sympathy, its going to be bad. I'm sure that we will all be drinking heavily by the end of the week.

While I complain a lot here, that's what this site is for and there are SC's everywhere. There are also very nice patient people everywhere, but I don't talk about them because I'm here to vent or commiserate.

Many of our customers are on SSI or SSA. They are going to receive a whopping .003 raise in January. To a person, they have all joked about their plans for all that extra money.

While there are bad things about my job, for the most part I really like it. I get to give people food and get paid for it.
                              Working with people is always tough, and working with people who are struggling can be even worse, because in desperation people will often lash out at the nearest target -- and in this case, it's you. I work for a lawyer, and nobody calls a lawyer's office to say what a great life they're having, but there's a vast gap between "WHERE ARE MY FORMS??" and "I DIDN'T GET MY MONEY AND I DON'T HAVE ANY FOOD!!"

Glad to hear you have some clients with a good sense of humour, and yes, a cat who isn't a jerk certainly IS a rare animal!

Hang in there. And definitely come here and vent whenever you need to!

Quoth Soulstealer View Post
                              My cats assure me that this is not the case ...
                              ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth Soulstealer View Post

Yeah, my customers are always already stressed because they need food or to see a doctor and they have usually been waiting at least a couple of hours in a cold, crowded waiting room to get cross examined about their finances and other personal information by a stranger over the phone.

Its amazing how many of them are so nice when we finally do get to talk. I do start the interview out by introducing myself and saying that I was going to help them through the process.

I had once seen my customer in the lobby before I called him, and had formed an opinion of him by how he looked*. Don't judge me yet!

I said "Good afternoon, Mr. Smith. I am slave. I'm from the government and I am here to help." in a very deadpan voice.

There was a 3 second pause before he started cracking up. It was a very easy interview

*a shirt with a crossed out target on his back that said "Not Infected! Don't shoot!"

Comment

Working...
                                X