This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Fired

found this on Oddee this morn. The one I found odd was the baskball coach one.

http://www.oddee.com/item_97163.aspx
    http://dragcave.net/image/utXO.gif

I don't get it, why the hell should you have to apologize for winning?
    ......../\
    ....../__\
    ..../\...../\
    ../__\../__\

Comment

Quoth Sarah Valentine View Post
      I don't get it, why the hell should you have to apologize for winning?
      its a religious school for a religion that is big on humility.
      its to show that 'yes you are good but you are never as good as god so you should apologize to those who aren't as good for showing them that they too aren't as good as god.

the one that was shocking to me is the ones where they where fired for saving a woman or cutting their hair

Comment

I think that the issue with the coach (as I recall) is that standard practice in the league they were in was not to run up the scores. I know that we would always give people a chance at playing new positions if the game was really unbalanced. And wasn't there issues with the girls basically turning it into a practice, and doing some things which were fairly insulting to the other team, because they aren't done during games as they would normally risk the other team taking possession of the ball?

The picture for that model is gross. Isn't it fairly standard to manipulate images to make the person look better, not worse?

And the teacher... I don't understand why she signed the oath at all, even though she altered it. She's a Quaker. (Or is that not protected in the US?)
        Last edited by Magpie; 08-17-2010, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
          the one that was shocking to me is the ones where they where fired for saving a woman or cutting their hair
          Same here. Not only shocking, but maddening as well.

What the hell would the restaurant manager have done if the server had cancer, and was actually going through chemo herself, actually losing her hair for real, but was still able to fully perform her dutiesin a normal manner?

Mike
          Meow.........

Comment

Quoth Magpie View Post
            I think that the issue with the coach (as I recall) is that standard practice in the league they were in was not to run up the scores.
            I went and read the linked article, and it looks from the coach's statement that as soon as he realized how badly they were beating the other team, he switched them to a defensive game.

Quoth Magpie View Post
            And the teacher... I don't understand why she signed the oath at all, even though she altered it. She's a Quaker. (Or is that not protected in the US?)
            It is, but adding non-violently means that it's not against her faith. Although I don't understand how that law is, y'know, legal.
            The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
              It is, but adding non-violently means that it's not against her faith. Although I don't understand how that law is, y'know, legal.
              To the best of my knowledge of Quakers, the fact that it's an oath makes it such. (And even if it's not for her, you still can't force people to sign an oath in Canada because of freedom of religion).

Comment

Quoth Magpie View Post
                To the best of my knowledge of Quakers, the fact that it's an oath makes it such.
                Ahh, wasn't aware of that one. I don't understand how that law can be kosher, then, as it would appear to be discriminating against Quakers, but then, IANAL.
                The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Working...
                X