Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sucky Customers

Black Friday War Stories Thread 2020
Old 11-28-2020, 01:52 PM
The Hero CS Deserves

Default Black Friday War Stories Thread 2020

You know the drill. There, there, let it all out.
"If someone feels the need to tell you how intelligent (or honest, etc) they are, it means that, somewhere deep down inside, they know that their words and actions would never give anyone the impression that they ARE intelligent." - me
Acts of Gord Read it, Learn it, Love it!
"Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read" - me
"Good men don't need rules; today is not the day to find out why I have so many." - The Doctor
"[Friendship,] like philosophy, like art, like the universe itself has no survival value; rather it is one of those things which give value to survival. ~ C. S. Lewis

Old 11-28-2020, 06:05 PM
Highly Trained Professional

None. I have no stories because we weren't "Black Friday Busy". My company supposedly had a 3 day sale but there was absolutely nothing regarding it in our app or the website. I don't even think the prices were activated. We had a few customers come in for our toy sale (buy 2 get 2 free) but not many even for that.

Yeah, definitely a new type of holiday season.

Old 11-28-2020, 08:14 PM
Chairman of the Board

On Black Friday I had to wait in line to enter the Lego web site. And the item was looking at was sold out.

When I got there I was 854 in line. The wait was about 2 minutes.

Old 11-28-2020, 08:14 PM
Resident dyheli wrangler...

I don't work retail anymore, but I did have to venture out today to the biggest mall in the city as that is where I get my nails done - yeah, they're fake but I can't grow my natural ones out no matter how hard I try so I keep going back to the fake ones. Black Friday sales are still going until at least Monday and the mall was insane. Huge lineups outside of most stores, people not wearing masks or following any sort of 6ft rule, and people getting pissed off when store employees enforced occupancy limits.

I did hit up a couple of stores before I left the mall - the only two that did not have insane lines in the entire place, I swear.

I would have had an adult beverage when I got home but I had to work in a couple of hours. I'll save that for tonight instead. I might even have two or three.

Old 11-28-2020, 08:56 PM
Bookkeeper

Nothing out of the ordinary for me (in fact, slower than I expected), but one of the local malls featured a shooting. Two dead, no real details yet (unknown whether either of the deceased were pulling triggers, for example).

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Old 11-28-2020, 09:33 PM
Official CS tillgirl fondler!

Non essential shops are closed here so it's been very quiet

Old 11-29-2020, 04:45 AM
Sparkle Sparkle

I actually had Black Friday off for a change, it was very nice not to have to go to work on it -- haven't been off on it in quite a long time. Then again Grocery Store really doesn't do Black Friday, there's a lot of people shopping on the day before and on Thanksgiving. I did work Thanksgiving this year, got out forty minutes late -- and my store was busy as anything. By the time I left we did about two weeks worth of sales in the nine hours the store was open.

Too many people were complaining about the lines being long, even WITH all of the registers open. Quite a few people came to the deli asking to be rung up there, only to be told that the only registers are at the front of the store and no departments have them. Had to explain to at least ten people that all the thingamajigs in the deli were scales and ovens and fryers, we have no registers back here [plus none of the deli employees are register trained]. If we did we'd get nothing done.

Old 12-03-2020, 04:01 AM
Cashier

Quote:
Quoth Seanette View Post
Nothing out of the ordinary for me (in fact, slower than I expected), but one of the local malls featured a shooting. Two dead, no real details yet (unknown whether either of the deceased were pulling triggers, for example).
I suspect it was this one:

18-year-old arrested in deadly California mall shooting

SACRAMENTO, Calif. – An 18-year-old man was arrested in connection with a Black Friday shooting at a Sacramento mall that killed two brothers, police said Monday. Damario

Beck was held for the attack at the Arden Fair Mall that killed 17-year-old Sa’Quan Reed-James and 19-year-old Dewayne James Jr. The shooting erupted after a “verbal altercation” between two groups of people who knew each other, police tweeted. Other details weren’t immediately provided. Beck was booked on two counts of murder and remained jailed.

Not really Black Friday caused just as you seemed to think.

Old 12-03-2020, 04:02 AM
Bookkeeper

Correct incident identified, and you do have a good point that the timing may well have been coincidence and not a result of the BF feeding frenzy.

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Old 12-06-2020, 12:29 AM
Gun Pimp.

Put everything I had in stock out. No takers. The gun-buying craze is slowing. But ammo picked up and I started selling silencers and off to a good start.
But for the day I built wreaths with my BSA troop to sell and fund raise. We did almost 400 this year.
Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. Im well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.