Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I sure hope this tastes good, or I'm gonna be pissed!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I sure hope this tastes good, or I'm gonna be pissed!

So I ask you, honestly...how in the hell could I resist buying THIS bottle of wine today? Now I just need this wine bottle holder to make it perfect!
    Attached Files

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

That is just FAR too perfect, omg.
    My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
    It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Perfect you you. I hope it's good.
      "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Yeah, I know. I took a random bike ride after lunch with a friend, and on a whim went over the bridge to Stock Island, the next Key up from Key West. Did some lazy cycling around, and went in to the liquor store there (one of the better ones in the area, not that that's saying much) to look for a particular rum, and just randomly browse. And there it was. As if by Fate. Go figger.

Saw one review of it that was pretty impressive, so it seems that at least one drunkard wine expert thinks it's pretty good. And for $18 after tax, how could I go wrong?

Still A Customer."

Comment

Hope it's everything you expect.

The last wine I bought on a whim (i.e. because of what was on the label) was this. Despite its name it's pretty good.

Comment

It's awesome.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I have let it breathe for a while now, sitting in my glass.

The nose is amazing, though not as strong as when I first opened the bottle. It has definitely mellowed. But it smells rich, luscious, and bold.

The taste is a bit more acidic than I would have expected from the nose, but it is still rich and luscious, just a bit tangy. But definitely delicious.

I'll check back in after I've had a lot more of it.....

Still A Customer."

Comment

I have just started a collection of wine bottle holders. I love that one.

Comment

I only have one wine bottle holder, other than my wine bottle rack. I'll try to get a picture of it on here at some point.

As for the wine in question, sadly, my opinion of it seems to be going down, not up, as it seems to be overly acidic for my personal tastes. I know I'm acerbic at times, so maybe that's what the wine makers were thinking. Who knows?

Either way, it seems unlikely that I will be getting this wine again. Damn shame. It has such a great name and label.

Still A Customer."

Comment

you drank yourself! !!!

Comment

I'm not much of a shiraz drinker*. But I'd have left that one in the bottle for a couple of years before I opened it.

* on the other hand, a nice merlot <hic!> hits the spot.

Comment

Quoth LesserSouthernFroglet View Post
                        I'm not much of a shiraz drinker*. But I'd have left that one in the bottle for a couple of years before I opened it.

* on the other hand, a nice merlot <hic!> hits the spot.
                        IIRC wine doesn't really "age" much in the bottle. And after a few years there's a risk of the cork rotting out and ruining the wine. (which is also why some wineries are switching to twist-caps.)

Comment

Most Aussie wines (which this one is) now are twist tops, so no cork rot problems.

I've found they don't age a lot, but a little extra time does make some difference with some wines. Of course it could all be my imagination! I've got enough reds in my collection that if I select by date, I won't likely be drinking anything under about 8 years old, and if I do accidently open a younger wine, it always seems a bit harsh or rough to me.

Comment

So I finished the second half of this bottle last night, and it wasn't bad. Still a bit acidic for my tastes, but not bad. Would I get it again? No. Do I regret getting it? No. I just wish something with my nickname would have been tastier.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                            X