Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To All Scamming Morons: Doublecheck names FIRST!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a man ask for a discount that had expired over a month ago. When I advised him that I could not supply this discount, he said he got an e-mail about it in JULY & wanted it anyway b/c he wasn't advised of the expiration date. Told him SORRY, NO DISCOUNT FOR YOU. Besides, our system wouldn't take it anyway. I noted the account & he will not receive the discount. That's what he gets for waiting THREE MONTHS to request an upgrade. Jeez.
    The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

I have had people come up to me and say "Mr. <Manager> said I could get this at % off." Trouble is they would just make up a name. I would think they may have forgotten the right name, so I call the MOD. The MOD would explain that they denied the SC's request.

Comment

On the topic of ouija boards, I refer you to the Perry Bible Fellowship:

http://pbfcomics.com/?cid=PBF220-Passed_On.jpg#205

Comment

i've actually had "customers" come into the store and tell me that I told them they could have a discount

"the guy working last night said i could have x free hours"
          'i said what now ?'
          "not you, the guy that worked this shift last night"
          'that would have been me then'

and of course it turns into a massive discussion about them refusing to believe i am capable of remembering which days of the week i work
          It is better to be the hammer than the nail.

Comment

And on the subject of Ouija boards, I give you this:
            http://www.straightdope.com/mailbag/mouija.html

A little healthy skepticism is never a bad thing.

Comment

We get that sometimes at my work. You wouldn't think that a parts wholesaler would get a lot of this, but somehow, we do. It's always fun when they ask for a salesperson who hasn't been there for nearly a decade.

What's really fun, though, is when they ask for a salesperson that works for one of our competitors because they never updated their rolodex card.

On Ouija boards: If you don't believe in spirits, then you're not going to believe in ouija boards.

However, for those of us who do believe in things we cannot see, ouija boards are nothing you want to mess with.

Oh, and on that skeptics site, it made mention of water dowsers. I had a great aunt that was a water dowser, about sixty years back, she was hired to find the right spot for a local family to drop their well. She told them the location and depth. They didn't believe her and hired a scientific company to tell them where to put their well. The first try went dry after a week. The second try didn't find water at all. The third try was exactly where my great aunt told them and the well is still in use today. (it's not far from where one of my aunts lives, in Vermont)

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
                *Dead serious about this part, though and not because I'm a Wiccan Basher. Those things are unshielded, unwarded invitations for whatever is in the vicinity to make itself at home, and using one opens you up to a world of trouble straight out of Exorcism of Emily Rose. With Halloween coming up, everyone be careful and add Ouija Boards to your "Just Say No" list, right below 'Russian Roulette with a semi-auto'.
                I had a roommate who it would be right above the Russian Roulette with a semi. Because apparently, the couple of times he tried one, he could move it without touching it. Creeped him the hell out.
                Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Anytime I've monkeyed around with a Ouija board, the whole experience could be summed up thusly:

You're pushing it.

I'm not pushing it, you're pushing it.

No, you're pushing it.

Am not.

Are too. See, you just pushed it.

Did not.

Did too.

Not.

Too.

Not.

Too.

(silence)

What did it spell?

Fadavaceas....

What language is that?
                  Learn wisdom by the follies of others.

Comment

Never had anybody try to pull down favors from a deceased manager. I've had them several times try to claim favors from "a" manager but didn't even try to provide a name. These are the people who come in a week after a sale and tell me they talked to a manager who said they could still have the sale price on some product (most likely a computer or a TV, which often get marked down below cost for sales). Of course, they didn't get the name of the manager, nor did they get a rain check or a "hold" order or anything that can prove their story. I'll explain I can't give them the previous sale price without some kind of proof a manager approved it (I know my managers, and they would have provided the customer with proof), then offer to get the MOD in case it's the same person the customer talked to. Suddenly, the customer is no longer interested.

Yeah, my SC stories of this variety are very uninteresting. We just don't get them that often.

Quoth repsac View Post
                    What did it spell?

Fadavaceas....

What language is that?
                    I have a new favorite word! It sounds like a Latin (as in the old, dead language) insult!
                    I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
                    - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
                    - IPF

Comment

This reminds me of the time a customer was calling from a pay phone regarding lost coins. He stated he had called Bellsouth's refund operator, and they had told him to call us to put his call through. Thing was, the pay phone, a phone that looked like a Bellsouth phone, but was privately owned, did not have it's own refund operator, nor could the customer contact one of our refund operators. He was speechless when he reread the phone and found another name on it.

Comment

Got a customer one time at Taco Hell who scammed not only a pile of food but all the money from my manager. He called in and claimed his wife had made a big order at lunch and didn't get most of the order. Give me a break. How can you not notice that you didn't get three Taco Salads? Those things were big as hatboxes. I pulled the tapes and showed the manager that no order like that had been placed, but she gave him the money and food anyway.

She got royally reamed by the District Manager. Food or money, not both, preferably food. Duh.
                        Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                        HR believes the first person in the door
                        Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                        Document everything
                        CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
                          *Dead serious about this part, though and not because I'm a Wiccan Basher. Those things are unshielded, unwarded invitations for whatever is in the vicinity to make itself at home, and using one opens you up to a world of trouble straight out of Exorcism of Emily Rose. With Halloween coming up, everyone be careful and add Ouija Boards to your "Just Say No" list, right below 'Russian Roulette with a semi-auto'.

Sorry, I can't take something that I can find at Wal-Mart for $10 seriously as a Tool of the Occult. Also, Wiccans don't use Ouija Boards. We don't need them.

And the Exorcism of Emily Rose was based on the story of Anneliese Michel, who wasn't "possessed." She was actually suffering from severe depression and epilepsy.
                          A smile is just a grimace that's been edited for public consumption. -- Tony Cochran

Comment

Note Andara's post above; she's a believer, I'm a skeptic. Note my choice of words, though - I'm a skeptic, not a disbeliever. I'm willing to entertain the possibility of things beyond our ken going around. I don't believe in the Oija Board having any power, though.

The problem is that the whole situation is muddled considerably by the existence of so many outright frauds like John Edward and Miss Cleo, that even if there were any legitimate psychics, it's hard for them to be viewed as anything more than the frauds.

Comment

Quoth repsac View Post
                              Anytime I've monkeyed around with a Ouija board, the whole experience could be summed up thusly:

You're pushing it.

I'm not pushing it, you're pushing it.

...snip...

Fadavaceas....
                              The one time I used one, it spelled out a bunch of swear words. Mostly because the three of us in the room were thinking it would be really cool to get a ghost with Tourrette's (sp?).

Comment

Quoth Nekojin View Post
                                I don't believe in the Oija Board having any power, though.
                                They don't have any power. They're just a tool, like tarot cards or run stones. A focus, if you will. The people trying to use one would be the ones with the power. Generally speaking, if you have no power, are particularly skeptical, or you know enough to know that you have to let things happen to you, they're merely toys.

^-.-^
                                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                                X