X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Nashida View Post
    SC: I'm going to die.
    "Don't let me stop you."
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I hate the whole "Whine, whine, your belt is wet, whine, whine" crap; most of the time the reason the belt is wet is cuz I just cleaned it of milk, washing up liquid or sticky patches; ie, would you prefer your shopping be covered in milk or washing up liquid, or harmless cleaner? Or, better yet, rather than standing there bitching about the wet belt, you could just bugger off and go on a dry belt further down.
      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
      My DeviantArt.

Comment

I hate when people put down there stuff on the belt when I am unloading my stuff still.

Once this woman was behind me talking on her cell phone. And the person in front of me was sorting out payment, wic vouchers or something. I started to unload my overflowing car of frozen foods. Well once the woman in front of me finished paying and the cashier could start on my order the belt started to move. Well I was still stacking some like piles of frozen dinner, when she started to place her groceries on the belt. She had a small basket so it did not take much room for her stuff. I tried to get her attention but she was kinda turned away just talking on her cell phone.

Well I still had to unload my stuff so I said fuck it, and just loaded my stuff behind hers and just bought her stuff as well. Well once everything was scanned I move the cart. This is when she turns around and sees that the belt was empty. She looks at the belt, then at me. "I think you have my groceries I will be needing them." I look at her then get into my really tall guy looming stance, "I asked you to move them so I could finish unloading, you ignored me. So I bought them paid for them and they are mine now."

Now you ever see someone stuck in a mental quandary. She can either try to raise a fuss with a 6'8" man who has a copyrighted "don't f$#% with me" look. Yell at the cashier and demand to speak to a manager. Or admit that she epic failed and go shopping again.

Well she chose the second option. So I stuck around and waited for the manager as well. So when he showed up and asked what the problem was I did not even give her a chance to speak.

"Yes, this woman behind me placed her items on the belt before I finished unloading my groceries. She was speaking on the cell phone and did not respond when I asked her to move her groceries. Because of that they mixed in and I ended up buying them. When she finally noticed she demanded I give her the items I paid for. I refused, she then blamed the cashier.." She spoke up like to interrupt, I ignored her. "She then tried to blame this poor girl who was working very quickly to ring out my huge order. When she said there was nothing she could do that I had bought the items. She told me I could return the products at the Customer Service desk. Then she asked for you for some reason, either to force me to give her the items that are now mine, or scam out free food. Or she is simply an idiot. "

At this point she walks away and out the store. Score one for me!

Comment

Wow. That's EVIL.

I like it.
          "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Is it bad that I've never worked cashier for any store that requires a belt but I still cringe some memories? Worst people to my mind are the morons who instead of taking their groceries with them because they forgot something. They say "I'll be right back" and run off for the next 5 to 10 minutes and expect us all to wait for them while they hunt things down at snail pace.

One time this happened in the middle of the cash girl scanning. Woman ran off for something I can't remember and I'm sitting there trying to be patient with a small child. I couldn't even put my stuff on the belt cause this lady had so much. Was stuck waiting my turn...and waiting...and waiting...

Cash girl finally got tied of waiting. Specially since you had the Soccer Mom 500 starting soon. Soon other mom's would be invading with all their kids in tow right after school. So the girl loaded the woman's cart back up with her groceries since she'd left it sitting there as well and moved the cart to the side.

She's in the middle of scanning my purchases when the woman comes back and starts pitching a fit that the girl didn't wait. Even worse to her royal pain in the arseness is the girl told her to take her cart and go to the back of the line.

Woman started to get on the nasty side and threatening to have the girl fired when I finally had to stick my nose in it. Told the lady that if she'd been raised with actual manners she wouldn't have left all her stuff here and held up the line. I probably ripped into her a bit to well since my day had been going poorly.

She shut up and went to the back of the line though.
            "It's not what your doing so much as the idiotic way your doing it." Vincent Valentine from Final Fantasy 7.

Comment

Quoth Daskinor View Post
              "Yes, this woman behind me placed her items on the belt before I finished unloading my groceries. She was speaking on the cell phone and did not respond when I asked her to move her groceries. Because of that they mixed in and I ended up buying them. When she finally noticed she demanded I give her the items I paid for. I refused, she then blamed the cashier.." She spoke up like to interrupt, I ignored her. "She then tried to blame this poor girl who was working very quickly to ring out my huge order. When she said there was nothing she could do that I had bought the items. She told me I could return the products at the Customer Service desk. Then she asked for you for some reason, either to force me to give her the items that are now mine, or scam out free food. Or she is simply an idiot. "

At this point she walks away and out the store. Score one for me!
              Epic pwnage. Another cell phone yapper gets a hard reality check.
              A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

Daskinor, that story rocks.
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Daskinor View Post
                  "I think you have my groceries I will be needing them." I look at her then get into my really tall guy looming stance, "I asked you to move them so I could finish unloading, you ignored me. So I bought them paid for them and they are mine now."
                  I....I think I'm in love.
                  The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Working...
                  X