X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WELL, YOU CAN KEEP THIS!

It went something like this:

SC: What do you mean we can't return it? It was a gift!

ME: There's nothing I can do without a receipt. When was the birthday?

SC's Wife: May.

ME: Well, it's over a month ago, we can't look it up.

SC: You mean that all you can give me for this is $8!?

ME: Yes, that's how much it's worth as a trade-in.

SC: Even though I paid $29.99 FOR IT?!

ME: Pretty much. There's really nothing I can do. Our return policy states that after 7 days, you can't return an item for a cash refund and after 30 days you can't swap it out for another. Unless you purchased a PGP, but you would need to have that receipt present.

SC: WELL, YOU CAN KEEP THIS!

He threw the game at me, a copy of Wii Play (thankfully, one without the extra remote). I was pretty much livid at this point and went to the back room to talk to my manager about the situation before I went on a rampage and stabbed people in the eyeballs, you know? He walks out of the back room and it turns out he knows the guy who just attacked me with a videogame- it's his Sunday School teacher!

Luckily, he talks to them for a bit and gets SC to calm down. SC comes back over to me and apologizes.

I can't imagine how this would have turned out if that particular manager wasn't there.
    This message brought to you by a hopeless pop-culture-obsessed social reject.

oo

His Sunday School teacher?! Whoa!

Great lesson, huh?
    The pen may be mightier than the sword, but the D20 rules all!!!

Comment

Wow, setting a great example for everyone around. At least he apologized. It doesn't erase what he did, but at least he might understand that he's a douche.
      Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

I know Jesus got righteously angry, but nonreturnable Wii games and moneylenders in the temple are kind of apples and oranges, ya know?
        Ah, tally-ho, yippety-dip, and zing zang spillip! Looking forward to bullying off for the final chukka?

Comment

Sunday school teacher? What happened to "Thou shalt not launch video games at me"?

Comment

Why does this continue to surprise people? SCs come in all shapes, sizes, smells, colors, sexes, religious orientations, etc. In fact, it's often the holier than thou sort that make for the worst of the lot.
            I will never go to school!

Comment

Quoth BaristaTrav View Post
              Why does this continue to surprise people? SCs come in all shapes, sizes, smells, colors, sexes, religious orientations, etc. In fact, it's often the holier than thou sort that make for the worst of the lot.
              The part that surprised me what that he was my manager's teacher, not that he was a Sunday school teacher at all.

Comment

But the more obvious question....Why on earth would he want to return WiiPlay?? You can race cows!!
                "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Yes... that's a lovely attitude right there! What a jackass

Comment

Maybe you should start going to sunday school. You could ask him uncomfortable questions!

Comment

I love how it was first a gift and then he suddenly paid 29.99 for it. Apparently it's okay for sunday school teachers to lie too!

Comment

Quoth jerkface11 View Post
                        Maybe you should start going to sunday school. You could ask him uncomfortable questions!
                        What do you mean this religion isn't fresh? I WANT NEW RELIGION! BAH! You can keep it! *storm out*

Bears are bad. If an animal is going to be mean it should look so, like sharks and alligators. - Mark Healey

Comment

Quoth BaristaTrav View Post
                          oh yeah... I don't even have to see some of the people outside of church to know that... the holier than thou's are either overcompensating for their own lack of holiness or are just douchebags (which kinda relates to the first). My fave example of that was in Gospel Principles once when the teacher said something along the lines of "I won't go over this for very long because if you don't know this already you should have paid more attention during Primary lessons"... it was like... um, excuse me *waves hands* what about those of us who converted after we were too old to go to Primary? The other example I have for that is my old roommate who publicly was a holier than thou homophobe and in private was gay (long story about how I found out).
                          If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth MaverickGypsy View Post
                            I love how it was first a gift and then he suddenly paid 29.99 for it. Apparently it's okay for sunday school teachers to lie too!
                            Maybe he bought it in order to give it as a gift to his kids ? But yeah, usually, the "it was a gift" part is used as a trump card against the "No Receipt, No Refund" policies. But the OP is unclear about that, here.
                            "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Quoth Samaliel View Post
                              Maybe he bought it in order to give it as a gift to his kids ? But yeah, usually, the "it was a gift" part is used as a trump card against the "No Receipt, No Refund" policies. But the OP is unclear about that, here.
                              Oh yeah, I forgot to add that the reason he was returning it was because someone else had given them the version with the extra remote and they'd purchased this one in case the kid didn't get it from anyone else or something along that extent.

Comment

Working...
                              X