X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What am I doing for the Super Bowl?

Working.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Jay, I'm so sorry. I'm so very, VERY sorry.

Myself, this time of year I often have customers ask me if I'm working for the Super Bowl.

I just stare at them.

"I don't work on Super Sunday. Ever."

Super Bowl Sunday IS one of my Six Holy Days. In no particular order, they are Super Bowl Sunday, my birthday (June 8th), St. Patrick's Day, Halloween (here in Key West, it's more Fantasy Fest, but the same basic idea), New Year's Eve, and the day Arizona State plays Arizona in football.

Would I work Super Sunday? Perhaps the day shift, as long as I was out long before the game. Would I work the game.

Oh, HELL no.

Whenever I get a new job, I tell them I prefer to not work Sundays. Usually this is met by a skeptical, "Well, we'll see, but you may have to work some Sundays." Okay, no problem. I've been through this before. Then, about three months later, after they've really gotten a grasp on my work ethic, the manager will say something to me along the lines of, "So, you said you want Sundays off, huh? No problem."

And now, a full three hours before kickoff, I shall head out to bicycle downtown (by way of the beach to check out the lovely ladies who are jogging, blading, and biking), and start having some drinks and saying hi to various people.

It is, after all, Super Bowl Sunday, and I've lain around long enough.

ENJOY THE DAY, FOLKS! No matter how you plan on spending it, enjoy the day. Even if you're at work when you don't want to be, make the best of it, and have fun. Not just today, but every day. But especially today.

HAPPY SUPER BOWL SUNDAY, EVERYONE!!!

Jester.....out.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Well, Jay, I'm also at work, and it's fine. I was at a party that I go to every year. There were the same amount of people as last year (about 500) but shoehorned into 1/3 the space. I had to stand in a corner for most of the first half, and then said f-it. I went to work and let the person go, and will close within the hour.

After work I'm going to another bar DT. They have a $5 all you can eat special. & they aren't busy.
        "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Somebody wake me when the halftime show is over.

Beyonce is probably lip-synching the whole shit anyway.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Aaaaaand the lights just went out. Heh. Game's over anyway.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
              Aaaaaand the lights just went out. Heh. Game's over anyway.
              Sorry about that, guys, tripped over the cord. They really should tape that down, it's a safety hazard...
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

Comment

K, so if San Francisco actually comes back and wins this thing, does the power outage thing become a huge freakin' scandal?

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                  K, so if San Francisco actually comes back and wins this thing, does the power outage thing become a huge freakin' scandal?
                  I say the Ravens should get a 35 minute time-out of their own. Fair's fair.

Comment

Is there a prop bet on the number of Ray Lewis references to God in the postgame?

If so I take the over.

Comment

And why isn't it me sucking face with Bar Rafaeli in that Go Daddy commercial?

Life, it isn't fair.

Comment

I didn't do jack shit for the Super Bowl. No Steelers in it meant that I wasn't interested. Instead, I fixed a couple of computers and petted teh kittehs.
                        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I watched it on my own which over here is always preferable as otherwise I'd be surrounded by people who would spend all game...

complaining that they don't understand what's going on.

making no attempt whatsoever to try and understand what is going on.

complaining that the sport shouldn't be called football as it is played with the ball in hand.

laughing at the players for being wusses for wearing helmets and all the padding, as Rugby players don't need to wear them.

dismissing my attempts to explain how the rules regarding tackling in the two games are completely different so as a result NFL players need more protection, and going back to saying that the players are wusses for wearing helmets.

and more complaining about how they don't understand what's going on, even though they have no intention of doing so.

Comment

I took a nap then resumed my 24 marathon. That's my Super Bowl this year.... for obvious reasons.
                            New England Patirots... FIVE TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!
                            New England Revolution... Will win MLS Cup one day.

Comment

Made it through the first half, the worst halftime show ever and the blackout. Managed to doze off for what was probably the best part of the game. Oh well, there's always next year.
                              I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

Quoth Trixie View Post
                                Made it through the first half, the worst halftime show ever and the blackout. Managed to doze off for what was probably the best part of the game. Oh well, there's always next year.
                                Clearly you didn't watch the Super Bowl where The Who were the halftime performers. They were utter garbage.
                                "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Working...
                                X