• american migration

http://www.forbes.com/2010/06/04/mig...nties-map.html

pretty cool - interactive map that shows migration in the US

<clicks Chicago and Detroit>

That is a lot of red.
    I AM the evil bastard!
    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Lotta red out of Monmouth County, NJ...you wouldn't know it from driving around here...

If you click on Miami, most of the black lines are coming from the Northeast...
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
        Lotta red out of Monmouth County, NJ...you wouldn't know it from driving around here...
        Is that where you live??!! I lived in Little Silver in the 60s. Went to Red Bank High!

OMG...click on Detroit!
        Last edited by Exaspera; 06-20-2010, 05:30 PM.
        Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Quoth Exaspera View Post
          Is that where you live??!! I lived in Little Silver in the 60s. Went to Red Bank High!
          It's where I grew up. Went to Freehold Boro (early 90s)

Still in NJ, but not Monmouth County.
          Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 06-20-2010, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post

If you click on Miami, most of the black lines are coming from the Northeast...
            Damn Bennys.
            "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Quoth Greenday View Post
              Damn Bennys.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdAeM_4UG_M

Comment

Lots of red coming out of Pittsburgh as well. But, it seems to be balanced with people moving here. Of course, I don't know how much of that is college students returning home. I do know that the surrounding counties--Washington, Beaver, etc. have been growing the over the past 30 or so years. Why? The taxes in Allegheny County (not to mention the city of Pittsburgh) are simply too high!
                Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                  Lots of red coming out of Pittsburgh as well. But, it seems to be balanced with people moving here. Of course, I don't know how much of that is college students returning home. I do know that the surrounding counties--Washington, Beaver, etc. have been growing the over the past 30 or so years. Why? The taxes in Allegheny County (not to mention the city of Pittsburgh) are simply too high!
                  Would they count college students? I went to school out of state but it wasn't my legal address...

Comment

damn, 20 people moved from sand diego county ca to windham county ca, and 17 peopl emoved from mecklinberg county nc to windham county ct

We dont have that many jobs here....=(
                    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Working...
                    X