Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not much to do with the heat down there in Texasland but evidently Texas is now having a problem with West Nile virus. My mom e-mailed my SIL about it. My SIL lives in Texas. <le sigh> Sorry Stacey.
    Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Yep about West Nile. And I live in East Texas where it's been bad. I've been bit, but I feel fine. They seem to like the back of my knees..... *All* the bugs have been *bad* this year. Mild winter, lack of a good freeze, and lots of wet weather didn't help....

Ironically we're having a fairly mild summer (*snerk*) compared to last year. My hubby and I went up to Hot Springs, Arkansas for our first year anniversary at the beginning of August, and it was 10 degress HOTTER than our area in East Texas. Apparently our drought from last year is visiting the rest of the country.... Sorry!
      "There is a sadist inside me. She likes cake." - Krys Wolf, my friend

In a coffee shop in Whitehouse, Texas: "Unsupervised children will be given two shots of espresso and a free puppy."

Comment

I live in central TX - I'm bug phobic, and we've had a bad year for bugs.... summer before last was worse, and 2007 was the worst i've seen so far.... I worked at a car dealership, and they were using a leaf blower to clear the crickets by the thousands....

I've had 4 crickets in my apt so far.... 2 i've killed, one my friend killed (it dropped out of the air vent by my kitchen, and I was in the kitchen..... ) and the last one... he got swept outside, and if he survived my broom i don't care....

however I have never called my mgmt office about them, and I've not worried about telling the maintenance guys, b/c they complex has weekly bug sprays... if only i could get the tiny spiders out now....

btw I only clean my kitchen once a week usually, I have yet to have an ant problem, but if I do... its my fault...
        I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

West here and the mosquitoes are super scary right now...bad enough to get bitten but to have to worry about west nile virus is just too dang much!

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
            I've been to Saskatoon! Nice folks there.
            Actually other than a sucky american tourist family, I have never had run-ins with any rude canadians. I am very sure there are some really rude canadians around [paging Gravekeeper] but in general the population are pretty nice.

We are thinking of taking a long vacation in a couple summers, a friend is willing to loan us a fairly nice cabin cruiser for an entire summer and we were thinking of a trip to L'Anse aux Meadows. Right now the only hitch in the planning stage is a dearth of knowledge about the availability of fuel for the boat. Newfoundland along that coast seems to be pretty sparse on the civilization. [If we can not find dependable fuel sources we would have to change over to a sailboat. That we can't get for free =(]
            EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

The mosquito s here aren't as bad now as they were a couple weeks ago (at least at my house). It's the tiny roaches that have been a pain. They invaded last year, and as much as I've cleaned they keep coming back. Actually several restaurants around town have had to get rid of them, so I don't feel so bad.

Comment

I've been extremely lucky with weather/pests this year, no 90 degree days with 90 per cent humidity, no mosquitoes at night, no gnat swarms in the shade during day, no horseflies, no wasps, no carpenter ants trying to get into the house, no ladybugs clogging the gutters with their corpses.... I might forget where I live if this keeps up!
                - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
                  My sympathies to you for the people who don't seem to realize Texas = DAMNHOT. Tell them if they don't like the heat and the bugs, move to Regina, Saskatchewan ... land of the eight-month-long minus-40 winters. (This is where I hope to move once I'm through school. I luvs winters!)
                  Pixilated, that's where I live. Yes, we have cold, dry winters, but we also have very hot summers. We've been hovering around 30 degrees for weeks.

Comment

Quoth Gurndigarn View Post
                    Texas = Fairly Warm
                    Doha, Qatar = DAMNHOT

Try Saskatoon, Saskatchewan instead. The name is just so much funner.
                    ...and I'm sitting in a restaurant in Saskatoon as I type this. Lol.

Comment

Working...
                    X