This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth raudf View Post
    Yeah... while I love the lack of hassle, some of the vehicles I've seen shoulda been up on blocks in someone's yard rotting away in a junkyard somewhere.
    FTFY. Some of these heaps, I don't think there's any hope for. Any vehicle that drives down the street spewing thick black smoke from the exhaust pipe and shaking, rattling and banging so loud you're wondering if it's about to explode really ought to be scrapped.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

He would've loved riding with me, I can make it through a blizzard in my 86' Camaro by knowing how to tailor my driving to the conditions, rumbling slowly by the stranded 4x4 SUVs whos owners thought they were immune to the laws of physics is always amusing.
      - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
        Just curious, but were your Omnis the regular ones (5 doors, including the hatch), the 024 variant (3 doors, including the hatch), or a mix?
        Just the 5-door, all used. First 2 I bought for $500 apiece, the GLH I got on a trade with my brother.

Quoth wolfie View Post
        Rumour had it that the 1.7 litre (as in my mother's car) was an "enhanced" (either bored or stroked, can't remember which) version of the Rabbit (1.5 litre) engine, don't know if Chrysler bought them from VW or licesned the design.
        I believe that the early Omnis used VW engines that Chrysler bought. Could be wrong about that.

Quoth wolfie View Post
        I realize that sub-model designations are an "alphabet soup", but was GLH supposed to stand for "Goes like hell"?
        It does - and it did until rust ate away the waste gate actuator rod

Comment

Quoth RichS View Post
          I believe that the early Omnis used VW engines that Chrysler bought. Could be wrong about that.
          VW did supply the engines. At the time, Chrysler really had no choice. They were hurting financially, and didn't have the cash to tool up an entirely new engine. It was only in '83 that Chrysler dropped in an ex-Simca unit.
          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth patiokitty View Post
            Turned out that he was one of those idiots who assume that driving a 4x4 meant they were invincible...
            As my dad told me, "4 wheel drive only means four times more stuck, if you don't know how to handle it." In a bad snow and ice storm, I had my Toyota Echo out and was driving just fine, watching the 4x4s cleaning the ditches for the state. Or digging them if there wasn't one to clean.

Slow and steady wins the race if road conditions are bad.
            If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Wow; can you say redneck-mobile? You know if you get your vehicle (which will probably be something like the one in the OP) broken down on the side of the road and you never come back for it...you might be a redneck!

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post

Under "reason for tow"

PD IMPOUND: DRIVER REFUSED TO TALK TO POLICE.
                Well, one of your Miranda rights is that you have the right to be quiet!

Comment

Quoth Estil View Post
                  Wow; can you say redneck-mobile? You know if you get your vehicle (which will probably be something like the one in the OP) broken down on the side of the road and you never come back for it...you might be a redneck!
                  If the cost of the tow is more than your car is worth... you are a redneck
                  If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Quoth Estil View Post
                    Well, one of your Miranda rights is that you have the right to be quiet!
                    Assuming you at that point have the ability to do so.
                    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

If the car stereo cost more than the car itself...you might be a redneck!

If the crack in the windshield is longer than your arm, and has been for over a year...you might be a redneck!

If you have at least ten consecutive years of license stickers still on your windshield...you might be a redneck!

Comment

If you cut the grass and find a car, you might be a redneck.
                        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                          ...If that car is up on cinder blocks, you might be a redneck.
                          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

If you use bumper stickers as duct tape to hold the bodywork on your car...
                            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                              Which means it is now time for this song. (Relevant verse at about 1:14.)
                              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

If whenever you get stopped for speeding you wave at your friends passing by...you might be a redneck!

If your house does not have curtains but your truck does...you might be a redneck!

Comment

Working...
                                X