Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

But nobody reminded me or called me that I have to pay my bill on time!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth greensinestro View Post
    Whoa! Hold it right there now! When I worked for Adelphia, now Comcast, they actually did allow this crap to happen...
    Now that Comcast is in charge, I do not believe they are that generous anymore.
    What that before or after the Rigas family looted Adelphia?

Anyhow, when a cable company is in the process of being sold -- whether it's a strong company or a bankrupt one -- bizarre deals are common. It's because of the way cable deals are structured.

When my original company was being sold, we sent salesmen out to visit our hardcore non-pays... the ones who'd been disconnected months ago and still owed money. We offered them forgiveness up to $150 on their past bill, and rates starting at $19.95 a month for full basic, guaranteed for one year. Even bigger discounts if the customer also added digital and internet. Just to make sure they didn't get away, instead of making them wait a week for installation, we'd roll a truck the very same day.
    I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Comment

Quoth JuniorMintz View Post
      HAHAHA! Quoted! (slightly edited to fit space limitation)
      Aww, thanks. That gave me a warm fuzzy.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Quoth Mark Healey View Post
        Online banking has saved me hundreds of dollars. I was always forgetting to pay bills. Once I hear someone rustling papers at my front door. When I open it is is my landlord posting a "Pay Rent or Quit" notice. I then smacked my head, reached over to the little table by the door and hand him the stamped and unmailed envelope with my rent. I still had to write him another check for the late fee.
        Fun fact: Late fees for rent aren't legal in California.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I'm a huge fan of online bill pay, as I check my email constantly, and can pay my bills in a matter of minutes while at work.

Granted, I do get a reminder when my rent is due--my slightly overprotective father often texts me on the first of each month to remind me. I can be a little bit of a ditz at times, and tend to forget stuff like that, but I would never expect anyone at a company to call and "remind" me that I owe them money.
          Last edited by myswtghst; 04-16-2007, 09:14 PM.
          "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
            Fun fact: Late fees for rent aren't legal in California.
            Yes and no. It's still consistently being argued in courts:
            http://www.rha.org/government/caa_ba...ees_051506.pdf
            Last edited by KuzcoLlama; 04-16-2007, 11:12 PM.
            "I live in Los Angeles, and I was on the walk of fame. I was drunk, and I got a henna tattoo that says, 'Forever.'" -Zack Galifianakis

Call Sophia Moore or Kent E. Ryder for a good time!

Comment

I used to be in collections for a phone place. it was like working in hell. and the thing was... at the company I worked for, anyway... we DID call them repeatedly. in fact by the tiime i called anyone they already had three callbacks and i was just calling to say "we're shutting off your service unless you pay us right now over the phone by credit card" and people would STILL act like utter babies. "wah, you can't shut off my phone, my husband/wife/mother/son/father/daughter/roommate is deathly ill! you never told me i had to PAY for caller ID! you never told me that call waiting COSTS EXTRA! WAHHHH!"
              "we're forced to bed, but we're free to dream." TTH

Comment

Where I got my data on late fees for rent:
                http://www.caltenantlaw.com/LateFees.htm

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                  Where I got my data on late fees for rent:
                  http://www.caltenantlaw.com/LateFees.htm

^-.-^
                  I would be wary of a website run by someone who appears to have more of a interest in my money, and the possibility of them putting a spin on things.
                  "I live in Los Angeles, and I was on the walk of fame. I was drunk, and I got a henna tattoo that says, 'Forever.'" -Zack Galifianakis

Call Sophia Moore or Kent E. Ryder for a good time!

Comment

I find it amazing that these people made it to adulthood without being reminded that they need to breathe.

I question my sanity every day. Sometimes it answers.

Comment

Working...
                    X