X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I want never gets!"

Sorry, got a few tales today.

So it was a very long shift, and I was a bit fed up because I cut my hand badly in the kitchen and was very very tired. A customer came up to the bar. A student. Stereotypical student, eg shaggy hair, weird fashion sense, a beard and the opinion that he was very "unique"

SS = Sucky Student

Me: Hi, what can I get you?
    SS: A pint of red wine please.
    Me: I'm sorry, we don't sell red wine by the pint. We sell it in 175ml or 250ml measures. Or if you want, you can buy the bottle.
    SS: But I want a pint.
    Me: You could buy the bottle and I could just give you an empty pint glass...
    SS: I want a pint!
    Me: We don't do it by the pint.

The manager happened to walk past.

SS: *to manager* I want a pint of red wine!
    Manager: We don't sell wine by the pint. We sell it...*says exact same as what I said*
    SS: I want a pint.

I lost it.

Me: WELL I WANT NEVER GETS!
    SS: OK, OK, I'll just have a pint of lager. Geez, no need to get so annoyed about it! *to manager* I hope you deal with this!
    Manager: Don't worry, I will.

Manager took me out the back.

Manager: What an idiot. You should have told him to get out. Look sad when you walk back out, like you've been yelled at.

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
    Manager: What an idiot. You should have told him to get out. Look sad when you walk back out, like you've been yelled at.
    Good manager.

Comment

Hahaha... "look sad"... nice.
      "I've come to realize that ever since I started working, everyday is a little bit worse then the day before...so that means every day is the worst day of my life..."
      - Office Space

Comment

SS: *to manager* I want a pint of red wine!
        Was I the only one reminded of Farva in Super Troopers with the Liter of Cola incident

Listen to it here (REMEMBER Naughty words so it may not be work safe.

http://www.moviewavs.com/php/sounds/...iterofcola.mp3

(Mods, this link opens up the audio and the text lyrics on their web page. It doesn't automatically download it for you. I'm hoping this is an appropriate way of posting.)
        My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

This line had me laughing so hard. I have a boss kind of like this. Good guy.
          "Jester, I have an opportunity for you." Uh oh. What does he want me to clean? "It 's a chance for you to make some extra money." Crap, it must be really gross!

-Jester

Comment

Quote:
            Good manager.

Im sorry, but to me, this is NOT a good manager. This manager has simply confirmed to the SC that they can act that way and get away with it.

Comment

Quoth thewomaninagreenhat View Post
              Im sorry, but to me, this is NOT a good manager. This manager has simply confirmed to the SC that they can act that way and get away with it.
              Uh, I think "look sad" was more of a joke than a serious instruction.
              You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

Yes, but now the customer thinks that his behavior got the employee in trouble.

Comment

Yes, but now the customer thinks that his behavior got the employee in trouble.
                  I'm guessing that if "look sad" was more a joke than an actual instruction then Customers Ruin my Life made no effort to "look sad." Because it was a joke.

And the man was likely to think that anyway.
                  You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

Nah it was a joke. I walked back onto the bar with a huge smile on my face and was really cheerful

Comment

This manager has simply confirmed to the SC that they can act that way and get away with it.
                      Not really. The idiot didn't get his pint of wine, did he?

I would have been very tempted to measure out a pint of the cheapest, nastiest red wine we had, and let him have it if he could down it in one...but then that would probably be promptly followed up by me having to fetch the mop and bucket.
                      A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
                      - Dave Barry

Comment

I love bosses like that.

Frankly you were more polite than I would have been. I snapped at another customer at a diner once who was demanding something they didn't have on the menu.

I fired off my grandmother's favorite line she used on kids when we were growing up.

"Wish in one hand and shit in the other and we'll see which gets filled faster"

The waitress turned away quickly to keep from laughing and the customer just sort of shrank in on himself and mumbled about getting the special of the day.

tards.

M
                        I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Of course, that's when you walk back out saying "YES! I got a raise!" just to see the reactions.
                          I AM the evil bastard!
                          A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

the smart thing would be what an occasional drinking buddy does. he goes to a bar which has an offer where when you buy a glass of wine, you get the rest of the bottle for x amount more, then asks for an extra pint glass. Voila wine in a pint.

Comment

Working...
                            X