This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I almost lost it with this lady...

I've never been so close to going off on a customer as I was with this woman I just talked to before lunch.

SC: Angry woman from Hell
    ME: The (generally calm and composed) herione of this here story.

SC: I have a problem with this bill and you better fix it now!
    ME ( Oh boy, here we go): I'd be happy to take a look at your bill for you and go over the charges. What seems to be the problem?
    SC: I moved to California and last month I called because my bill was $114 and I found out I didn't have roaming. So I changed to a plan with roaming but he lied to me because my calls back to Florida were still charged long distance! Now my bill is $127!
    ME: Well, I see here the plan was changed as of the start of your previous bill cycle on 01/29, and it is a nationwide plan.
    SC: Are you even listening to me? Okay, he lied! Don't you understand that?
    ME ( sheesh, calm down. I haven't even done anything yet): Okay, I'm looking at your bill and I do see there were additional charges, but none of it was for roaming.
    SC: Then why did I get charged?
    ME: Okay, let's break down the charges. Your new plan is $39.99, and you had XXX minutes over, so-
    SC: What do you mean I went over?! I didn't go over! I was careful with my minutes last month! I didn't even use it!
    ME: So when you checked your minutes the last time that you recall before the end of your bill cycle, it didn't show you were over?
    SC (avoiding the question because she didn't check her minutes at all): Look, I know who I called and I didn't use no over minutes!
    ME: I'd be happy to-
    SC: Why are you so stupid? I mean, it's obvious that I don't go over my minutes.
    ME (careful, my trigger finger is getting all itchy): Previously, you had a regional plan that included XXXX minutes, but you changed to the free nationwide plan of XXX minutes. Based on your past minute usage on the old plan, I would have recommended-
    SC: I'm not stupid, ok!
    ME: I never implied that you are.
    SC: Then don't act like I don't now how to use my phone! But you better fix this bill!
    ME (alright, I'm done playing nice with you): Okay, if you think the bill is wrong, give me a number and the time and date of the call on your bill and I'll review it for accuracy.
    SC: You don't even know what you're doing!
    ME: Would you like me to explain the charges, or not? If you want to know why your bill was higher, then give me a moment to go over this with you.
    SC: I don't have to look at my bill with you! I already know what calls are wrong.
    ME: Fine. Give me one example.
    SC: No, I don't have to tell you anything!
    ME: Just. One. Example.
    SC: Cancel my account! Now!
    ME (with pleasure): Very well. Your account will be canceled as of today, and your final bill will include the Termination fee.
    SC: No! You are not going to charge me any cancel fee! I've already been in service for a year.
    ME: True, but when you changed the plan in January, you agreed to a 12 month contract. So you will be billed the fee.
    SC: No I won't.
    ME: Yes. Yes you will.
    SC: But the guy lied to me!
    ME: No, he didn't. The plan you wanted does not have any roaming or long-distance restrictions. You got exactly the plan you requested.
    SC: Fine, I don't care. Do whatever you want! I'll talk to my lawyer.
    ME: Go right ahead.
    SC: I hope you're ready to try and stand up for your fake bill in court.
    ME: Trust me, this will never make it to court because there's no case. Your lawyer will confirm that for you.
    SC: Cancel my account right now!
    ME: You're canceled. The termination fee will be on your next bill-
    SC: I'm not going to f*cking pay it!
    ME: You know what? Pay it, don't pay it, it's still going to be charged.
    SC: You can take this bill and shove it up your @ss! *click*

You went over your minutes, and you're not happy. Okay fine. But drop the attitude and try to listen when someone is trying to provide an explanation when you ask a question.
    "You are loved" - Plaidman.

I hate people. How dare that idiot blame anyone else but herself for not understanding her damn cell phone plan. You were great, Kara. You didn't let her manipulate you into saying something that could have cost you your job. I detest stupid, disrepectful people.

Comment

aw man. I would at least have said after that. can I make payment plans? please?

Comment

Yeah, I'm pretty easygoing, but a good way to meet a horrible death is to ask me a question, then argue with me and throw a fit without letting me answer you, then ask me the same question again and repeat this over and over thinking I'll tell you something different.

Comment

And she's claiming everyone else but her is stupid . . . She takes the 'Stupid' cake . . .
          This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Nicely handled. If it had been me, the gloves would have been off the minute she started calling me stupid. Rant at the company through me all you want, I don't care. Make it personal, and they get one warning. After that, it's the dialtone.
            Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Comment

But drop the attitude and try to listen when someone is trying to provide an explanation when you ask a question.
              NO!! :folds arms, stomps foot, and pouts:

Hey, does Shironu make Stupid Cake in her bakery?
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

If you can't afford to go over a certain amount per month, wouldn't pre-paid be a better option?
                Michael: Maybe you'll be inspired by the boat party tonight and start a career as a pirate.
                Tobias: I haven't packed for that.
                <3 Arrested Development

Comment

The stupid is strong in this one... *sigh* At least you can hang up on stupid people tho; in a supermarket, you can't do any such thing. I believe there should be a red button you can press to make a tube descend from the ceiling to get rid of stupid people, a la Mr Burns.
                  People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                  My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post

Hey, does Shironu make Stupid Cake in her bakery?
                    If she does, it would be worth bankrupting myself having them all shipped across the country to my customers.

Even a regular cake that said "OMG U R STOOPID LOL!" would be fine.

Comment

heck, just send them little cupcakes with the stoopid line on it; cheaper, easier to ship and an all around better deal!

seriously, if you can't comprehend the basics of your plan, then maybe you shouldn't own a cellphone; it's not that hard, really.

you have a plan with certain restrictions; go outside the restrictions, you get a fee. simple; too bad cs' lack that one extra brain cell of comprehension, then we'd all be saved the migranes of dealing with their idiocy.
                      look! it's ghengis khan!
                      Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

I think there should be a test you have to take in store before you get to sign up for service...

and each phone should have it's own test..."Oh, you want that really nice media phone? You need to pass this exam with a score of XXX or you just get that one over there!"

The stoopid burns... and cell phone customers are the most stupid customers I've dealt with so far...and some of the most belligerent...

BTW, Kara- if you work for who I think you do, you guys do an awesome job. It's hard working in a store, but damn- the phone reps deal with some serious crap...Kudos to you for keeping your cool.
                        I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

This is all the more reason I still will NOT get a cell phone. Basically you either get stuck with a two year contract to get the best rates (folks, I'm not buying a house or a car here) or pay extra for "pay as you go". They're gonna have to do a LOT better on customer service than that to get my business.

But yeah, that woman was way out of line; I don't blame her for being so upset, but she just didn't direct the anger at the right person. I mean, you don't own or manage the company, you don't make the rules, what can you do?

Comment

This thread reminds me of the lady I had the other day on internet service. It went something like this:

Me: "Thank you for calling internet support. My name is *****. How can I help you?"

SC: "You charged me for internet service and I never ordered it."

Me: "All right, I'll need your account number please."

SC: "It's xxxxxxxx"

Me: "Thank you. I see you have internet under the username..........."

SC: "Did you hear me? I said I never ordered it!"

Me: "Yes, maam, I heard you, but I still have to tell you what is on the account."

SC: "I don't care what is on the account! I told you I did not order it, and I expect you to take it off and give me credit!"

Me: "I will be happy to remove it, but I also show you have had this for three months, plus extensive usage......."

SC: "I said I did not order it! Now, you remove it from my account and stop asking me all of these stupid questions!"

Me: "All right, maam. The service has been removed. Is there anything else I can help you with?"

SC: "What about my credit?"

Me: "Well, maam, as I tried to tell you, the notes show it was ordered three months ago, plus later that same day, someone idenitfying themselves as you called for assistance on their username, password, and how to set up the service. Also, the account, as I was saying, shows extensive use from then up to now."

SC: "I didn't order it! Why won't you stupid people listen when a customer is always right about these things?"

Me (almost losing it here): "I have no comment on that, except it shows the service was ordered, and we have no notes anywhere on your account that you ever questioned this prior to today, plus it shows you have paid the bills in full without challenging the charges!"

SC: "You'll be hearing from my lawyer unless you credit the account!"

Me: "Is there anything else I can help you with today?"

SC: "NO!!! You'll be sorry for this!" CLICK!

Does anyone know the word IGNORANCE?

Comment

And let me guess about 20 mins later, her husband calls yelling and screaming because he can't get on the internet.
                              The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Working...
                              X