This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How NOT to get a girl's number

Me: Apparently back to being "that girl at the video game store" (thankfully my powers have not reactivated yet)
    SCNHP: SC not hot pants

Me: "Standard corporate greeting!"
    SCNHP: *stares at me with narrowed eyes, stares at boobs for a moment, then up, skeptical* "Sooo.... do you actually... play games... or are you just here to... sell things."
    Me: "Oh, I don't play games. The PS3, gaming rig computer, ps2, gamecube, wii u, sega genisis, n64, vita, psp, ds, gameboy collection, and various games that I own, those are aaaallll just for show." *snorts*
    SCNHP: "Oh. Well I... um... so... uh..."
    Me: "If you need any help, let me know."
    SCNHP: "I... uh... so... what kinds of.. games do you play then...?"
    Me: "Primarily JRPGs, but I'll also play western ones if the story is good enough."
    SCNHP: "There's a difference?"
    Me: *resists urge to go 'soooo are you a gamer, or are you just here to drool on the floor' while squinting at crotch* "Yup. Primarily on the 'blank-slate' amount of the protagonist."
    SCNHP: "oh." *now following me around as I do the rest of my morning work, asking other inane questions, when I return to the register, he actually picks up and starts nibbling on one of our plush angry birds* WTF (No, I can't actually kick him out or force him to pay for that without a manger since it's 'being confrontational with a customer. BAH)
    This lasts almost 10 minutes, after which he asks me for my phone number.
    Me: "No."
    Him: "But why?"
    Me: "Not interested."

Extra bonus short.
    Dear small child who keeps calling us.

Just bring your games in. You're doing nothing but annoying us when you call and ask for the prices of over 15 individual games, and yes, I will hang up if you start cursing at someone in the background
    Tell a man there are 300 Billion stars in the universe and he’ll believe you.
    Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he’ll have to touch to be sure.
    -Unknown Author

Do you want a job where I work? I work at a game store (not quite video games) but my boss actually encourages us to kick out nasty people. We would not mind having a knowledgeable female employee either.
    "Employees can make or break any business, so treat them with respect. Job satisfaction has little to do with money. Discover what it has to do with and make sure they get it."

Comment

Quoth Sandiercy View Post
      Do you want a job where I work? I work at a game store (not quite video games) but my boss actually encourages us to kick out nasty people. We would not mind having a knowledgeable female employee either.
      If I lived in Canada, I'd jump on it. I'm very much a all around nerd/geek, I play tabletop (freeform, structured, mini based and card) as well as video games. Sadly, I don't and I think my Puerto Rican boyfriend would never come out from the blankets if I moved any further north.
      Last edited by Opalin; 07-01-2013, 07:28 AM.
      Tell a man there are 300 Billion stars in the universe and he’ll believe you.
      Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he’ll have to touch to be sure.
      -Unknown Author

Comment

LOL

If I had a nickel for every time I got to go on, "get away from the female gamers you creeper" duty I'd be able to retire. In college I was the *ONLY* male in my tabletop gaming group, then I ran a live action vampire game (which had a lot of female players). I also worked in the retail branch of the company that makes the original trading card game for a while. It was non-stop, "dude, she's here to game, leave her alone." "No seriously man, she's here to game, it won't end well." "Nah, she's not a bitch, I told you she was here for gaming not to pick up nerds."

It still makes me chuckle. Two of the girls I played tabletop with in college told me that they went into one of the local gaming shops to check it out, when they got in there, it was like they were Venusians landing on earth for the first time, the dorks in there just GAWKED at them, they tried talking and the guys ::COULDN'T:: respond they were so shocked that these beings (almost like other guys but with strange curves and squishy parts) had entered their domain.

Comment

All of which remind me of the gang on Big Bang Theory going into Stuart's comic shop for the first time - Leonard turns to Penny and assures her "They're more frightened of you than you are of them."

And who the hell (over the age of two) puts something from a store in their mouth? yecch!

ETA: This.
          Last edited by sms001; 07-01-2013, 05:09 PM.

Comment

I think you'd like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xh3qt9jhAW0

Comment

Quoth Sandiercy View Post
              Do you want a job where I work? I work at a game store (not quite video games) but my boss actually encourages us to kick out nasty people. We would not mind having be delighted to have a knowledgeable female employee.
              Fixed it for you.
              Seshat's self-help guide:
              1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
              2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
              3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
              4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Skarredmind View Post
                Two of the girls I played tabletop with in college told me that they went into one of the local gaming shops to check it out, when they got in there, it was like they were Venusians landing on earth for the first time, the dorks in there just GAWKED at them, they tried talking and the guys ::COULDN'T:: respond they were so shocked that these beings (almost like other guys but with strange curves and squishy parts) had entered their domain.
                I think I'll just leave this here.

SC
                "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

Quoth Opalin View Post
                  This lasts almost 10 minutes, after which he asks me for my phone number.
                  Consider this the next time you're asked.
                  I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                  -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Karl -- Awesome I cannot understand why anyone these days (or in the last 30 years or so) would willingly accept that as a phone number...tho I can see a pizza joint wanting it. Hell, they'd probably kill for that number (especially if the place was called something like Jenny's Pizza). The theory being that they could turn the inevitable barrage of prank calls into future business. This, of course, ignores the extremely high likelihood that this will quickly cause their workers/phone peeps to burn out, and that it would SLOW down business at times when few workers are present, due to being distracted by the phone.

...And if anyone thinks society in general has outgrown this type of crap? I say to you, look at the comment section on YouTube sometime...Just not for long, that shit is carcinogenic.

It's my understanding that the prank call rate to 911, in some major cities, is somewhere around fifty percent o_O And given that the cops are often required to send a unit out to check out any call that does not specifically tell them not to come...>_>
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                      Awesome I cannot understand why anyone these days (or in the last 30 years or so) would willingly accept that as a phone number...
                      I was at a family get-together yesterday, and my brother's wife, whose name really is Jenni (with an "I" though) told me some guy was hitting on her and trying to get her number. I told her she should have given him that one.

And of course, there's always the Rejection Hotline.
                      Sometimes life is altered.
                      Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                      Uneasy with confrontation.
                      Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                        Consider this the next time you're asked.
                        I'd be willing to bet that it wouldn't register if you changed the cadence in your delivery. It's so integral to the song to pronounce it one way, that I think a little variance would get it in under the radar.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                          I'd be willing to bet that it wouldn't register if you changed the cadence in your delivery. It's so integral to the song to pronounce it one way, that I think a little variance would get it in under the radar.
                          Pronounce zero instead of O and you're home free.
                          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                            And of course, there's always the Rejection Hotline.

Oh my god, thank you! There's this really creepy employee in Wally Mart who does the whole stare-at-boobs-while-speaking deal. He asked for my number last time. Totally giving him this!
                            Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                              Pronounce zero instead of O and you're home free.
                              And don't sing :-)

Comment

Working...
                              X