Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why should I care about kids in Africa? Huh? HUH?!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I have no problem with people saying "No" to a donation and leaving it at that. It's the ones who have to give their justification-- usually in as ignorant or as heartless a way possible-- that wind me up.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Mikkel View Post
      So are most of us .
      Oops, that was meant to refer to the fact that Australia tends to be labelled as a continent within itself.
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I'm required to ask for donations at my work as well. While I rarely get those that "go off" (i.e. ranting) about why they won't donate, I do get those that seem to think they owe me an explanation.

Me: "would you like to donate XXX to XXX today?"
        Customer: "no I donate at work/I did yesterday/I donate at church" etc.
        Me: with a smile "Ok. I'm only required to ask, you aren't required to give me an explanation."

This usually gets a smile back, or if they had started to rev up to rant, a sheepish grin. They and I both know they don't want to donate, and it's ok with me!

Comment

I will admit when I'm wrong: I realize after reading all the responses I judged this SC out of anger at her response. In light of what seshat said, I apologize. But, yeah, she was an SC for yelling about it. I just usually say "no thanks".
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
          X