This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Smapti View Post

And as you may have heard, they lost. And they lost spectacularly, in a single incredible moment of the kind that the phrase "epic fail" was coined to describe.
    Now this is what I have come to expect from my state's teams. I'm back in my comfort zone. It's been pretty annoying, all this sudden enthusiasm. Since I don't care, it was almost creepy how everyone went from not caring, to GO SEEEEEEAAAAAAHAWKS!, with 12th man stuff all over their cars and houses, and half of all shoppers decked out in NFL gear. I'm not a "team spirit" type of person, sorry. And it created a lot of SCs at my store, also.
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth Smapti View Post
      Only this time, he was completely quiet during his entire visit.

Sometimes, karma actually pays off.
      SC's ego was deflated after his team lost to the Patriots.
      Last edited by Mr Hero; 02-05-2015, 08:06 AM.
      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
        SC's ego was deflated after his team lost to the Patriots.
        Boooooooooooooo.
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
          Boooooooooooooo.

Thousands pack streets for Patriots victory parade Wednesday. Seattle fans still petitioned to have an end-of-season celebration, but the Seahawks passed.
          Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

Quoth drunkenwildmage View Post
            Thousands pack streets for Patriots victory parade Wednesday. Seattle fans still petitioned to have an end-of-season celebration, but the Seahawks passed.
            Boooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
              Boooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
              Patriots' bonuses for clynching the win allow most of the players to afford butlers.
              Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
              Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
              Fiancee: What?!
              Me: Nevermind.

Comment

Quoth Smapti View Post
                So, as some of you may have heard, the Local Sports Team did, in fact, make it to the Big Annual Event.

And as you may have heard, they lost. And they lost spectacularly, in a single incredible moment of the kind that the phrase "epic fail" was coined to describe.
                Ohhhh, yeah. Hubby was only casually following the game, but I think the entire apartment complex heard the groan he let out when they made that bozo play.
                Quoth Smapti View Post
                The Overenthusiastic Sports Fan showed up at the store yesterday to do his shopping, dressed in all team colors as usual.

Only this time, he was completely quiet during his entire visit.
                And of course, you were nothing but bubbly and happy during the entire time he was there. "Good morning! Wonderful weather we're having, right? Any news?"
                Last edited by XCashier; 02-06-2015, 07:50 PM.
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                  As a fan of the team that would've made it to the Annual Big Game were it not for an epic late-game pants-shitting, I approved of the ending.

I am not the one who first mentioned this, but watching the last 4 NFC teams in the playoffs losing each round was like watching a Final Destination movie.
                  Well at least your local sports team didn't get jobbed over by the ref calling the call that should have been called and then with no explanation deciding it wasn't a penalty after all. But in the land of the Bobby Layne curse, the Football gods would have figured out another way for the Local Sports Team to lose....

Comment

I am an Overly Enthusiastic Sports Fan myself. I own more Arizona State gear than should be legal, and a ridiculous amount of Raiders gear as well. And yes, I am a Raiders fan, which means, of course, that during the game I am loud and obnoxious and sometimes bordering on ridiculous. And even I think the guy in the OP is overdoing it! Because, frankly, while I wear my team stuff often, I keep my yelling and screaming to game time, when it is appropriate.

And if you're wondering how bad I can get during the game, well, let me tell you a true story. The day after Thanksgiving this year I took off from work, because Arizona State was playing Arizona, and I Don't Miss That Game. And I was sitting on my bar stool at my regular haunt, and my friend Photo Guy showed up. He sat down next to me, and we started talking a bit. And then he looked up at the TV screen and said, "I have to go." I asked him why the sudden change. His reason? "I can't be around you during this game." Yeah, my usual antics get ramped waaaaaaay up for that game.

GO DEVILS!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                    Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Smapti View Post
                      I hope Local Sports Team makes it to the Big Annual Event this year and loses. Loses hard. I hope they get utterly humiliated in a way no team has ever been humiliated in the history of The Sport Which They Participate In, and I hope that at the post-game press conference, Star Player Who Loves Skittles looks directly into the camera, calls you out by name, and says that the team losing is entirely your fault.

There you go!
                      New England Patirots... FIVE TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!
                      New England Revolution... Will win MLS Cup one day.

Comment

Working...
                      X