Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So glad I found this thread, I would have been really upset if another site I enjoy poofed with no warning. I mostly lurk but I do enjoy reading the posts here. Hope something works out that we can keep this forum.

Another forum I'm on has a subscription option to help pay for it. Free members have limited forum access but paid members ($18 a year) have full forum access. Just an idea if paying for the site becomes an issue.

Comment

• Have no fear, plans are afoot.
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

• Quoth blondescales View Post

Another forum I'm on has a subscription option to help pay for it. Free members have limited forum access but paid members ($18 a year) have full forum access. Just an idea if paying for the site becomes an issue.
        I'm certainly not overly blessed financially, and once this divorce gets rolling it'll surely get tighter, but even I could swing that much if it means keeping this place alive. I haven't been too chatty on here lately but your stories and advice have been my ability to hang on sometimes. Hopefully the current negotiations are successful.

Comment

• Back in the Slugger days... there was a "free" and a "paid" membership. Differences were minor. Had a lot to do with search times, and priority when the site was under load. Also the amount of messages you could store at any given time.

Comment

• There were also little perks like being able to have a custom title.
            Sometimes life is altered.
            Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
            Uneasy with confrontation.
            Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

• Quoth blondescales View Post
              So glad I found this thread, I would have been really upset if another site I enjoy poofed with no warning. I mostly lurk but I do enjoy reading the posts here. Hope something works out that we can keep this forum.

I could do that. I would also be willing to sponsor one other person who really couldn't afford to do it. It would have to be through PayPal, though, as I don't have a credit card and would rather not use my debit card online.
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• Currently this isn't looking necessary

Rapscallion

Comment

• Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                  Currently this isn't looking necessary

Rapscallion
                  Yay? I still might go through and save some of my favorite posts. Adventures of Lobotomy Girl is such a classic. I've read those out loud to friends and they've laughed so hard they cried.
                  Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Currently this isn't looking necessary

Rapscallion
                    Fingers crossed! I haven't been very active the past few years but I realized I would miss the Christmas card list.
                    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

• Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                      Fingers crossed! I haven't been very active the past few years but I realized I would miss the Christmas card list.
                      I think quite a few of us would miss that. Luckily it looks like we won't have to give that up.
                      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

• Raps, if the site stays up, would you be coming around for a visit, or are you intending to cut all ties completely?
                        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• Provided everything goes as is currently planned, I'd be staying around.

Rapscallion

Comment

• Oh good. The site wouldn't be the same without you.
                            Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

• Quoth Teysa View Post
                              Oh good. The site wouldn't be the same without you.
                              This x1000.
                              "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                              - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Provided everything goes as is currently planned, I'd be staying around.

Rapscallion

So glad to hear that.
                                People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                                My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                                X