Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rarely does something get me out of the house this quickly (pic heavy)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Frantic Freddie View Post
    Betty's Dream she never saw combat
    .. it was still cool.

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
    I had something similar happen to me once. I was on my deck and heard an airplane approaching. As I looked up, a B-52 flew overhead at about 200 feet. It was very impressive.
    B-52's and B-17's are the most impressive aircraft in my book. I grew up near Portsmouth, NJ here Pease AFB was. As a kid, my family often went to the Newington and Fox Run malls (closest malls to us in NH (no sales tax). One day I was in the back of the station wagon going home on Rt 33 and all of a sudden this HUGE plane flew over us.

It was a B-52. Had never seen one before and my exposure to airplanes in action was limited to small personal craft that landed on an airstrip behind an ice cream parlor we used to go to (I think it was in Haverhill, MA?).

Pease also used to have a bomber parked in front, I think it was also a B-52 but I'm not sure. You could see it from Rt 4 just before you get off to get to the malls.

More pics incoming..

These are of a bomber that flies overhead a few times a year, next time 'll try to head over to get better pics:

Last edited by draggar; 03-23-2011, 11:08 PM.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

I'm fairly certain that the bomber in the second set 'o snaps is a B-17, though it's a bit too blurry to get the numbers off of the Fuselage for further investigation.

Comment

I got some (not so great) videos of the Warbirds flying:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJXlr_lNaII

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZHcOlVW2PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLQlNo6-FzA

Salted Grump - of you're talking about post #16, those are all the same plane and it is a B-17.
        Quote Dalesys:
        ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Wow! Neat pictures! Thank you for sharing them.

Comment

Nice pics! I've always been a fan of WWII-era (and earlier) aircraft. Locally, quite a few show up in July, for the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix shows. They'll hold fly-bys all afternoon. There's nothing like a B17 being followed by a crapload of fighters--Spitfires, P40s, Mustangs, etc.
            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

That's great. My grandpa was a side-gunner on a B-29 (shot down and held in a German POW camp for about 8 months until they were liberated by the Allies). I've always had an interest in WWII aircraft because of him. We had one land one time at our crappy little airport where I grew up, and we got to go see it and take pictures. It cost to get inside it though, and I didn't have any money.
              "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Working...
              X