This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studying Problems

This semester I'm taking Chem online because I need a science and this was the only one that fit into the rest of my schedule. I'm having serious trouble, not because I don't understand the text, but because I can't stay awake through it.

Every time I sit down to read the book, I start to fall asleep. If I struggle through and keep going, I find that I literally cannot remember the page I just read, if I take a nap, I get about five minutes of work before I'm falling asleep again.

This is insanely frustrating.
    The High Priest is an Illusion!

Is there anyone that you can get together with to study? Or maybe just go somewhere like a library or coffee shop?

Comment

If you find a good solution let us know! I have the same problem and it's really agravating at times... Just can't stay awake to study anything anymore.

Comment

Dry dry dry!! Try reading Cisco networking oh my gord!!
        Can you read the boiled down stuff at the end of a chapter and snake backwards to find those facts?
        And take the quizzes, see how you're doing? And possibly cross reference that book/subject online?
        Too much blood in your caffeine stream, IMO
        In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
        She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Read a paragraph, write a summary sentence.
          Read a paragraph, write a summary sentence.
          Repeat.

Or
          Read out loud to yourself.

Or
          Read a paragraph, draw a diagram.

Or
          Read while walking.

Or
          Read a paragraph, then explain it to the cat. (Or to a study partner. Or to the mirror. Or to an MP3 player set on record.)
          Seshat's self-help guide:
          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
          X