This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay Customers - some of the worst! :-(

So I have a pretty large ebay store and so I have hundreds of customers a month buying from me.
    Here are a few of my favorite ridiculous, brain-dead customers.

1) Guy named "Charles" emails me wanting to buy a magazine from my store. He was asking for my address to send the $. I said sir, u need to actually PURCHASE the item before you send me any money for it. We went back and forth for over 2 weeks on email. He didnt understand what I meant that he had to click BUY IT NOW and buy it first. Somewhere in there I think I must have accidentally given him my address, thinking it was another customer. Well then one day I open my mailbox and there is an envelope in barely legible handwriting from a "Charles". I knew it was him right away. Inside was a money order for $1 ! He had not even purchased the item from my store and he also didnt include the right amount or any shipping!! And the item was $2.99 not $1 !! If he would have paid the right amount, I probably would have been nice and taken the item down and just sent it to him but I wasnt gonna lose $ on the deal. Then he kept emaling me asking where his magaizne was. I kept telling him he needed to send another $2 and $ for shipping & also purchase the item, but he just didnt get it. :-(

2) Guy purchases an item from my store and pays me right away. It was around 9pm at night. So the next morning I ship it out along with all my other stuff. Later that afternoon he emails me asking when his item was shipped, I tell him it shipped first thing this morning. He then replies and cusses me out royally, saying that HE PAID FOR THE ITEM PROMPTLY AND I SHOULD HAVE SHIPPED IT PROMPTLY TOO. He was appaled that I waited till the next morning! I replied, Sir, the post office is not open past 5pm. You paid me at 9pm. How could I have possibly shipped it any faster? He never replied and then left me a negative!!!! :-(

I swear, some people think you should have your own private jet and fly their item directly to them instantly. They have no concept of shipping time.

3) Guy who demanded I reimburse him 9 cents for shipping because I overcharged him 9 cents!!!

4) Lady who demanded her $$ back on a book because one tiny corner on one page was slightly bent. I did it, but damn I was mad. How picky can you be? The bend was literally microscopic!

5) Lady emailed me FURIOUS because she says the disc I sent her had "several scratches". I replied and said "Ma'am, my description clearly states that the disc has "some scratches but plays fine". She replied still angry saying that "several" and "some" mean completely different things!! And in her opinion there were "several", not "some".

Ugghhh!

I'm now very much afraid of ebay.
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

That's terrifying... I order used books all the time through BN and Amazon... I'm aware they won't be in perfect condition... I just want my damn book in one piece. Crinkled and bent is fine. What a whiner.
      "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

1. "Charles" is a moron. That is all.

2 and 3. Isn't so very wonderfully awesome to know those two losers can trash you with negative feedback and you can't do the same to them?

Remember, on ebay buyers always get positive feedback. Can't have those scummy sellers using feedback as a weapon to bully those poor innocent buyers into silence.

4 and 5. Have you gotten a SNAD from either of them? Also, they too get to trash your feedback and you can't do the same to them.

I continue to buy things off ebay but I no longer sell. If I run into one nimrod buyer, my reputation as a seller is ruined and ebay might hold my payments received or suspend my selling privileges.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

My father ran into a real winner last year. Dad had a set of drums up for bid and this guy won it, and immediately the guy is acting like he has my dad tied down to a chair in the movie Hostel. He showed me one of the e-mails this jerk sent (sorry I don't have a copy) and it was full of junk like...

"I'm not sure what kind of buyer you are used to, but let me assure you that I know my rights. You WILL deliver the goods to me in person, at YOUR expense, at the time of MY choosing, and I don't give a wet fart (I remember the 'wet fart' comment) if that's a problem for you. I am the CUSTOMER and that makes me second only to GOD! I will ONLY pay with a personal check, and you will take it."

And this nonsense went on and on. Pretty quickly my dad told him to go to hell and stopped replying to him, and the guy kept pelting him with abusive e-mails. He MUST have had mental issues, because anybody who acts like that to a merchant in person gets beat up.
          Hmm...more zombies than usual...

Comment

Wow... weirdness.
            Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Gruesome View Post
              "I'm not sure what kind of buyer you are used to, but let me assure you that I know my rights. You WILL deliver the goods to me in person, at YOUR expense, at the time of MY choosing, and I don't give a wet fart (I remember the 'wet fart' comment) if that's a problem for you. I am the CUSTOMER and that makes me second only to GOD! I will ONLY pay with a personal check, and you will take it."
              I would report that buyer to ebay for abusive e-mails. But only because sending this response:

Quoth me
              Dearest Darling Bidder:

You will pick up your drum set at the time WE agree on. And cash only, fuckface.

Otherwise, cram it up your ass and get hemmorhoids.

Much happy sunshine and puffy clouds and unicorns and sugary cereals,
              Irv
              would instantly get my ebay account yanked for life.

Comment

I sold a couple of audio books on Ebay and I kept getting a bidder or two bidding a few dollars at a time until they were top bidder. I always hate people who do that because I don't want to be accused of raising the bid myself. And I hate it when I buy because I don't know if someone is trying to cheat me . Damn it people put how much you are willing to pay and leave it at that.

Comment

I used to get the "but-it's-cheaper-on-ebay" customer all the time. If it's cheaper somewhere else, go buy it from there! sheesh
                  Check out my cosplay social group!
                  http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

Comment

Quoth Shimatta View Post
                    I sold a couple of audio books on Ebay and I kept getting a bidder or two bidding a few dollars at a time until they were top bidder. I always hate people who do that because I don't want to be accused of raising the bid myself. And I hate it when I buy because I don't know if someone is trying to cheat me . Damn it people put how much you are willing to pay and leave it at that.
                    A really good way to ferret out shill bidding(a seller using another account to place bids on his/her own item to artificially raise the price, or having a friend, family member or associate do the same) is to look at the profiles of the seller and the bidder. If they're both in the same state the chances are better that shill bidding is going on.

If the bidder seems to be bidding on only the seller's items, the chances are even better.

It is very true that it's best to bid once and bid your max, but some bidders don't quite understand that. So in your case I don't think you have much to worry about in terms of shill bidding.

Sorry for going a bit off-topic there.

Comment

But, sellers can leave rebuttals on feedback.

And wait, buyers can't get negs? Never heard that.
                      Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Sounds to me these people are simply scammers. If someone complains about a $4.00 book, it isn't worth it for the seller to pay return postage not to mention new relisting fees to try and sell the book again. The buyer knows that and will quibble about so-called "OMG damage" to rip the seller off. Good grief people need to get a life. I was thinking about selling stuff on Amazon, but good lord that's a buyer's paradise and the seller will get shafted if the buyer so much as changes their mind. And the seller is responsible (in nearly all cases) for return postage. I'm sure many buyers are honest people, but it does make me have second thoughts about it.
                        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Some of you may remember this guy:

http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=27321

He got NARU'd but he's back now. Sigh.

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
                            And wait, buyers can't get negs? Never heard that.
                            That's why I won't sell anything on Ebay. Shame, since I was thinking of putting up some old model railroad equipment I don't need. Looks like I'll take it to the train convention next year instead
                            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

This is exactly why I won't sell on eBay anymore.

Craigslist is much better in my opinion... and it's free.
                              "It's not easy being evil in a world that's gone to Hell" ~ Anton LaVey

Comment

Working...
                              X