Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"You're a Sandwich Makin' HO!" (kind of long)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Mongo Skruddgemire View Post
    You too? I got called a racist slave owner even though by the time my family came to the states slavery had been abolished for over 50 years.
    I sorta want someone to try the racist slave-owner-routine on me... yup, I'm lilly white. Yup, my ancestors were wealthy, and some of them were in the US back when it was part of Great Britian... but y'know what? I have abolitionists in my heritage, not slave owners*.

* Figures based on the fact that my ancestors, during the period between the revolutionary war and the civil war, lived primarly in New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Michigan, and that they included ministers living in Pennsylvania during the height of the abolitionist movement. Possibility exists, but is not known, of black sheep heading off to slave-owning areas, raising a slavery empire, having said empire collapsing, and returning to the north before the next census occurred. There is a 99.999999999% probability of the usual run of slave-to-king and scoundral-to-saint in my ancestory before my ancestors emigrated, including the 1/128th of me that's american indian.

Comment

If the OP's a sandwich-makin' ho, then what am I?

A shelf-stocking pimp?

You know, I think I could live with that....

Now back on subject: What an asshat the OP's co-worker had to deal with.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

When I was in high school, my classmates thought it weird and disgusting that I would date a black or Latino guy.
        A smile is just a grimace that's been edited for public consumption. -- Tony Cochran

Comment

"I had trash thrown at my car and then the car blocked and a fight ensue all because I a white woman *gasp* gave a black man a ride in my car!"

My ex said I was a really nasty phrase cause I gave a black man a ride in my car so he could get to work in the building next door to the store I worked at.

This woman seems to be a lost cause. Too bad I am one of her customers paying her salary every month.

Comment

I have a white friend from Texas who married a Chinese woman, and once was confronted and threatened by four men in a bar for being a race traitor. He talked his way out of it by telling them they might win four-on-one, but he was going to pick one of them and tear the hell out of them...who wanted to be that one?

I lived in the Deep South in middle and high school, and I swear the blacks down discriminate more than than the whites. (I mean that as a cultural observation from an outsider.) If you were white, you were assumed to be racist, and treated as if you were. And if you complained or commented about it, you automatically were villainized for trying to oppress a black person.
            It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

Working...
            X