This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Psycho Pizza Purchaser Pushes Placid Poster

First, the setup and some background. For those that haven't heard of the '5-5-5' special, it's something that Domino's Pizza (and lately Pizza Hut) have been doing, where you get 3 or more medium 1-topping pies for $5 each. I, on the other hand, work at Papa Johns. This will become important later.

I was at work, doing my thing taking delivery orders and helping out on the make-line when the ringing of the devil-machines stopped for a few blessed minutes, when I get a call from what I can only assume is a human female... lady is FAR too polite a term. As best I can remember it, this is what transpired:

Me = Your friendly neighborhood JustADude.
    SC = Psycho woman that escaped from Bedlam

Me: Thanks for calling Papa Johns, this is JustADude. Would you like to try <insert required promo pimping>?

SC: No thanks.

Me: No problem, can I get your phone number real quick?

*I get the number, she's not in the system, so I get name/address. Here's where it gets fun.*
    Me: Okay, so what can I get for you today?

SC: I'd like to get your 5-5-5 deal^.

Me(thoughts): Wow, I'm surprised it took THIS long for me to get one of these!
    Me(words, cheerful as can be): I'm sorry ma'am, we don't do that special.

SC: Look, I just want the three medium pizzas for five dollars each.

Me(thoughts): Eh, honest mistake. No Sale For Me, but lets get her fixed up.
    Me(words, downgrading to merely polite): Ma'am, that's not us. You want Domino's, or maybe Pizza Hut.

SC: You have that special! I saw it on one of your fliers!

Me(thoughts): No, you f*cking moron, you saw our Customer Appreciation Day ad ($5 large 1-topping) or our monday/tuesday carryout special ($5 med 1-topping). Learn to read!
    Me(words, remaining civil): I'm sorry, ma'am, you're mistaken. We don't do that promotion at this store, you likely saw one of our oth-

SC: YES YOU DO!

Me(thoughts): Oh? I guess being an employee who stares at the specials all day means I don't know as much about them as a total bitch that can't get her head out of her ass far enough for her ears to work?
    Me(words, getting exhasperated): Look, ma'am, we do NOT do--

SC: WHAT THE FUCK? I JUST WANT MY 5-5-5 SPECIAL! GOD!!! *SLAM*

*hang up and wiggle finger in ear*
    Me(thoughts):? Post time!
    Me(words):Ow...

Funny thing, really, is that sucky customers actually improve my day. I may get pissed for a moment, but those people are gonna stay pissed LONG after I've let it go and shared their stupidity with everyone here. And, yes, I've been told by some major drug-users I shouldn't touch the stuff 'cause I'm weird enough stone-cold sober.
    Last edited by JustADude; 05-12-2007, 07:19 PM.
    ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
    And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

I love my Papa John's! I've got them trained to not put any pepperoncinis in the box, I just can't stand em... I make sure that I tip the driver well so they keep doing it right... (-;
    I'm sorry to inform you that my capacity to care has taken a plunge, much like the popularity of Tom Cruise after his "you don't know the history of psychiatry" rant on national TV.

Comment

Hmmmm some papa johns have a 3 medium pizzas for 20 dollars or so deal. but still she was evil. *starts the voodoo doll* ill tell you when im done.

Comment

That persistence of hers comes out of arrogance. She knew she was wrong, but needed to save face, I guess. My response is usually something like, "Oh, I'm sorry? Ok, what specials do you guys have?"
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Or she thought you were jerking her chain. Sadly, that happens too.
          "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Reminds me of how people always used to assume our games store price matched because Wal-mart does it.

Comment

When I worked at the gas station, an employee of Papa John's would come around with a car FULL of pizzas, selling them for $5 each. I'm still not sure why. Didn't get a lot of takers, either.

I, myself, preferred the Domino's across the street, especially on $3 carryout pizza days. YUMMY.
              Last edited by Becks; 05-13-2007, 04:02 PM. Reason: added a thought
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
                Hmmmm some papa johns have a 3 medium pizzas for 20 dollars or so deal.
                It's a franchise thing, not something that we do. Closest we have is that carryout special on our dead days.

Quoth CrazedClerk View Post
                Reminds me of how people always used to assume our games store price matched because Wal-mart does it.
                EXACTLY like it! I'm pretty damn sure that psycho-woman thought that, because Domino's has been throwing that 555 thing around so much, EVERY pizza place did it.
                ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Or she thought you were jerking her chain. Sadly, that happens too.
                  maybe next time, you should jerk the chain harder, say, maybe choking strength.

it's time to take away her phone and make her sit in the corner; time out, no pizza for you, missy!
                  look! it's ghengis khan!
                  Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                    My response is usually something like, "Oh, I'm sorry? Ok, what specials do you guys have?"
                    Because we don't order pizza often enough to keep an up to date menu I normally ask "What specials are you running at the moment?". Saves face and a lot of bother
                    Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

Quoth Naaman View Post
                      Because we don't order pizza often enough to keep an up to date menu I normally ask "What specials are you running at the moment?". Saves face and a lot of bother
                      We order from a local place that does good pizza and no tv ads and then we don't have to worry about it!
                      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
                        And, yes, I've been told by some major drug-users I shouldn't touch the stuff 'cause I'm weird enough stone-cold sober.
                        I'm roughly the same way. The thought of me on amphetamines should make sane people instinctively duck. And the thought of me on hallucinogenics should make them break out the straightjackets.

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                          When I worked at the gas station, an employee of Papa John's would come around with a car FULL of pizzas, selling them for $5 each. I'm still not sure why. Didn't get a lot of takers, either.

I, myself, preferred the Domino's across the street, especially on $3 carryout pizza days. YUMMY.
                          BLASPHEMY!! One can never have enough beer sponges. Pizza fits that bill nicely.
                          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Gurndigarn View Post
                            The thought of me on amphetamines should make sane people instinctively duck.
                            *mallards, looks around a bit confused*
                            *definitely NOT sane*
                            "I call murder on that!"

Comment

How is a raven like a writing desk?
                              ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Working...
                              X