This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Daphne View Post
    Weren't you the person who was assaulted at the furniture stores? I remember reading that series of posts and being horrified.
    Yes, he was. Anyone else think we ought to start having an annual You Poor Bastard award given out to the person who's had to put up with the worst work-related shit during the past year?
    Civilized men tend to be ruder than savages because they know they can be impolite without getting their skulls split, as a rule.
    - Robert E. Howard

Comment

*is very thankful for not drinking anything while looking at Kus's picture of a train wreck*

Ahem ... Thanks for that! Now, seriously? Is there anything you can tell us yet?

Comment

V told me to follow up on Wednesday. M has told me to sell the couch for 200 to get the thing out of the showroom (damn, no free sofa for the new apartment ) and not enter it as a normal sale, since the piece isn't on our inventory.

Go figure! I'll follow up tommorrow morning.
        "Time shall help me face my painful memories with indifference, and with more of it, I won't feel the need to face them at all..."

Comment

The credit card rep hasn't gotten back to us yet about the claim dispute.

And Febreeze doesn't work on cigarette smoke
          "Time shall help me face my painful memories with indifference, and with more of it, I won't feel the need to face them at all..."

Comment

Quoth Kusanagi View Post
            V told me to follow up on Wednesday. M has told me to sell the couch for 200 to get the thing out of the showroom (damn, no free sofa for the new apartment ) and not enter it as a normal sale, since the piece isn't on our inventory.

Go figure! I'll follow up tommorrow morning.
            So wait, you guys are going to sell the womans piece even though it isn't yours? Wow. That's ballsy.

Comment

How to get rid of cigarette smell - this might help!

Cigarette Smoke Smell in Furniture

* The Fabreeze Controversy
              When confronted with any odor on furniture, curtains, or bed linens, the natural thing to do is reach for a deodorizer such as Fabreeze. Some argue that this simply masks the odor temporarily and it will return as soon as the spray product evaporates. There have also been reports of breathing problems associated with the use of fabreeze and other deodorizers. Others swear it doesn’t work anyway. It just turns the odor into a disgusting blend of smoke and the great outdoors. If the odor your battling is very weak, it’s worth a try. If it’s strong then don’t even bother.
              * Get it Steam Cleaned
              Cigarette smoke smell in fabrics emanates from tar ash and oil deposits left in it’s fibers. In order to remove the smell, you need to remove these deposits. Unfortunately, when cigarette smoke condenses onto something, the resulting ‘goo’ is very, very stubborn. If you’ve ever cleaned (scraped) this residue off of glass or painted walls you know exactly how stubborn it can be – imagine that same goo stuck in every fiber of the piece of furniture you wish to clean. The bottom line is that household cleaners just won’t cut it, hire some professionals to come and clean it for you. Make sure they use a van-mounted steam cleaner and tell them exactly what your objective is so they can use the appropriate cleaning solution.
              * Low Budget?
              Completely cover the piece of furniture you’re cleaning with baking soda and then rub it and pat it into the fabric so it gets as far into it as possible. Let it sit overnight and then vacuum it all back up.
              * Get Rid of it
              This is not meant to be flip, but sometimes you just have to cut your losses. When cigarette smoke gets deeply enmeshed into the fabric of an ex-smokers favorite couch, there may be nothing that will ever get it out. Unless you enjoy reupholstering furniture, you might just have to throw it away. Better yet, sell it to a smoker.
              ( From http://www.howtogetridofstuff.com/od...e-smoke-smell/)
              The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

If it smells that strongly. She might've put a cigarette out in or on one of the cusions.

I'd start taking some of the cussions off and looking for anything that looks like a burn mark, a smear, or anything singed.

In which case, you can't take it back because it's damaged goods.

Comment

*feels as if she's been left dangling, pokes Kus just a bit, offer popcorn and rum to any and all who want it* I hate to ask .... but .... ??????

Comment

Quoth Namrepus221 View Post
                    If it smells that strongly. She might've put a cigarette out in or on one of the cusions.

I'd start taking some of the cussions off and looking for anything that looks like a burn mark, a smear, or anything singed.

In which case, you can't take it back because it's damaged goods.
                    And who's to say that a strong odor of tobacco isn't a form of damage? I think that alone will close the case in your favor -- not only did she sign acceptance of what she actually ordered, she tried to return it in a severely damaged condition. (If you don't think a strong tobacco odor isn't considered "severe" you need to try living with reactive airway disease, like my wife. There are some hotels we can't stay in because, although they have non-smoking rooms now, those rooms used to be "smoking okay" -- and NOTHING gets that odor out of carpeting or furniture! And, even though it's labled a "non smoking" room, she can't breath in it.)

I hope you let V know of the damaged condition that Miss Ivory Corduroy tried to return it in!
                    I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

I haven't been at my showroom for a while so I was unable to update.

We sold the sofa for 200 bucks, it's no longer here. I don't know anything about what's going on on the chargeback end of it, but I think we're going to nail her for all the fees we can. (about 200)

Given the sofa costs 400, I think we broke even.

Comment

Quoth Captain Trips View Post
                        And who's to say that a strong odor of tobacco isn't a form of damage?
                        On a somewhat related note, my ex smoked extremely heavily, and the smell was all throughout her car. It smelled like a giant ashtray on wheels. I discovered that when she came to pick up our son to spend time with him, on one of the rare occasions she didn't "No call/no show" because she had found something better to do.

The next day, the thing got repossessed. Not surprising, since she never did seem to grasp the concept of actually paying your bills.

I bet they were really happy to get it back in that condition.
                        Sometimes life is altered.
                        Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                        Uneasy with confrontation.
                        Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

You should suggest to V that from now on, all conflicts dealing with SC's must be referred to M to deal with. And furthermore, M should be instructed to follow company policy to the letter at all times. If the company's wrong, that sucks, if the customer's in the wrong, that doubly sucks... for them and for M who would then have to deal with the person. This is what you get when you have a worthless spine.
                          Broadcasting to you live from the nerve center of my brain..... szzzt *we are currently experiencing technical difficulties, please stand by*

Comment

V called my showroom this morning on an unrelated issue, and I asked her what happened with this particular SC.

We nailed her for all the charges we could on it, so she didn't get away scott free.

Final price of being a bitch? $205 and no couch.

Comment

VICTORY FOR KUSANAGI! AGAIN!

Drinks fer everyone!
                              The New Orleans Saints are your 2009 NFL champions.

Believe dat.

Comment

Quoth Kusanagi View Post
                                We nailed her for all the charges we could on it, so she didn't get away scott free.

Final price of being a bitch? $205 and no couch.
                                Awesome!!

That just made my night!

Comment

Working...
                                X