Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not sure how much longer I can do this...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure how much longer I can do this...

I don't want to give away too much about the company I work for, but they're having certain types of problems.

I like doing the software engineering, but I'm working in an industry that I'm not really that passionate about.

Anyway, I'm trying to look around, but most of the places I'm getting contacted about for jobs are at least an hour's drive for me -- on a good day.

I really don't want to move, because we're rather settled in where we are.

So I've got the ole resume to tweak, and I'm starting to look around...it's wearing on me, though.

What I'd really like to do is find a job that gives me a significant raise, and I can sit at home in my pajama pants and t-shirts and work.
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Finding the ideal job can be nearly impossible. Here's hoping you find one that's good enough. :-)

Comment

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
      Finding the ideal job can be nearly impossible. Here's hoping you find one that's good enough. :-)
      Well, that's true about the "ideal" job.

That said, what I'm talking about WRT the current company I work for goes beyond finding an "ideal" job at this point.

I don't want to go into detail, but based on some Google searches, there seem to be a number of negative things I've found that I really don't want to be involved and/or associated with regarding this company.

It's gotten to the point where sometimes I almost feel complicit in this activity. And that's not what I want -- at all.
      Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Working...
      X