Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HOW IN THE HELL did you manage to order from us ????? (a bit long and ranty)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOW IN THE HELL did you manage to order from us ????? (a bit long and ranty)

OR

How the hell did you get our phone number?????

This is not really sucky behavior but I still wonder W T everlovin F????

Delivery related but this situation can be applied more generally to the real world. I will split this between 2 different scenes.

Scene #1
    Had an internet order come in on Saturday night. Nothing special about it. A bit of a distance run to a very nice section of town in weee hours of the morning (1am) but nothing unusual. The address is valid and in our area.

I get the run. As I roll up to the house (and notice the address IS VALID and exists) I notice the total lack of lights on in said residence. Now this in and of itself is not all that unusual because some people yes are up (sometime teenagers) so there might be little lighting. Right away I am hesitant so instead of just walking up and hitting the doorbell I call the provided number. Goes straight to voice mail. I leave my standard message (pizza delivery please come out and pick up your order etc.). no immediate response. 3 minutes later I text the number with my standard delivery text (Your pizza delivery is outside please come get it). I give the doorbell on try. No response. I wait 2 or 3 minutes then I text again and wait. No response. Call the number again and leave message stating the order is being taken back to the store and to please call the store for further instructions.

I call the store to let them know the situation and return. about 45 minutes later I receive a text from the person wondering where I am and stating they did not hear the doorbell and were here the whole time. I ask the MOD to actually call the person to get a better idea of the situation.

The MOD questions the person who "claims" they were there all the time. The MOD then tries to verify the address. Now the person give the MOD a COMPLETELY different address. No one recognizes the street name as anything close to a name either in our delivery area or the area in general. We start to ask for the nearest major cross street and the person starts to name off streets we have never heard of. Nope sorry we do NOT know where you are. Guy says F*** this cancel the order.

After work I looked up the guys number to get a general idea where he was. It turns out the exchange is for a town 30 miles away.

We really tried to figure out HOW they guy managed to order and put in an actual and valid address in our area????? I know websites can glitch sometimes but this ....?????????

Scene #2

This happens frequently enough that it makes us ponder what really is happening.

Phone rings and we answer. We (meaning we employees collectively) go through the standard opening spiel and have the following conversation:

Us: may I have your phone number please?
    Them: 567-890-1234 <OK out of town number but that is not really unusual because of football games, concerts, events, HS school championships, etc.)
    Us: .....and the address where you are at?
    Them: 1234 bla blah street
    Us: HMMMMMM that street is not in our delivery area. What is the nearest major cross street to you (so we can direct them to the correct store in our area)??
    Them: Yaba daba doo St.
    Us: Hold Please < to other driver HEY do you know if we have a Yaba Daba DOO St. Nope do not know that street>
    Us: What part of <my city/area> do you live in? Do you live in village AAA or BBB or CCC or DDD?
    Them: HUH?????
    Us: <repeats above request>
    Them: NO I live in < names some major city hundreds if not thousands of MILES away>
    Us: <MAJOR BSOD> Sorry you have called <my pizza place> in <my city> in <my state>.
    Them" HUH??????????

How in this day and age of on-line-looking-up-stuff can people get things SOOOOOO Wrong? The area codes are NO WHERE NEAR alike?
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
    We really tried to figure out HOW they guy managed to order and put in an actual and valid address in our area????? I know websites can glitch sometimes but this ....?????????

Also a valid address in their area? Back in my days of pizza delivery I'd seen that happen more than a few times, since street names are only regulated on a town level, you can't have two Steve St's in the same town, but adjacent towns, sure, and they don't even have to be a continuation of the same road.
    Seph
    Taur10
    "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

That could explain it if they didn't enter a zip code.
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
      X