Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The cookies I actually could have gotten done in that amount of time since we have the dough Frozen and pre-portioned plus the convection oven heated up fast. But I'm not leaving the desk when I'm the only person there at 10:45 at night. I also needed to get my account and closing paperwork done. I'm totally fine with a banana / milk request if they're polite about it. It was the demanding tone that made me mad. And yes, if you're traveling to the desert or another dry climate and you aren't used to it you do need to bring a humidifier. Also a travel tip: almost anywhere high altitude which includes my beloved city of Denver is going to have dry air. My new hotel actually does keep humidifiers on hand for guests' use it was just the whole "set it up for me" demand that was annoying. Of course we'll do that. You don't have to yell at us about it.
    Last edited by WishfulSpirit; 12-04-2016, 10:21 PM.
    "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Quoth WishfulSpirit View Post
      An electric tea kettle. No I can't use the coffee maker to make hot water for tea. Don't ask me why, I'm a cubic zircon member and that means I can make you buy me stuff.
      So my mom's at the point where she brings a travel tea kettle with her in her luggage so she can have tea that "doesn't taste like coffee" in the aftertaste or whatnot. I understand, but I even think she's crazy like this. I drink lots of tea myself and I'm a lot less picky.
      Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart!

Comment

When traveling without a humidifier, you can feel a lot better with liberal use of saline spray and chap stick. It's not perfect but it's cheap and portable. I had no idea you could just demand a room at the exact temperature and humidity you request. Will the outside weather change as well?

Comment

I have a different issue, I grew up in Arizona, I can't sleep in the hotel without the AC at ice level and if it's too humid I get miserably.

Comment

I can understand not wanting tea that tastes like coffee residue. But all our rooms have microwaves. What's wrong with using that to heat water for tea?
            "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

When I stayed 2 weeks in the US a few years ago I bought an electric kettle (for the princely sum of $12) at the nearest Mart of Wal, and just left it there after I checked out. This was to make plunger coffee and tea.

Why? I want more boiling water at a time than a cup in the microwave can provide. I'm also not a big fan of water boiled in microwaves - if you over-heat it, that 'boil over' thing can be dangerous. A kettle just turns itself off when it's done.

Comment

Quoth LesserSouthernFroglet View Post
                When I stayed 2 weeks in the US a few years ago I bought an electric kettle (for the princely sum of $12) at the nearest Mart of Wal, and just left it there after I checked out. This was to make plunger coffee and tea...
                As a non-coffee/tea drinker, I have to ask: what is "Plunger" coffee and tea?
                Be a winner today: Pick a fight with a 4 year old.

Comment

Quoth Alpha Strike View Post
                  You use the plunger by the toilet?
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                    That would definitely take care of the residual coffee taste!
                    Be a winner today: Pick a fight with a 4 year old.

Comment

I would assume it's a coffee/tea press?

The most recent jaw-dropping request I heard of came through my brother: He was staying in a nice mom'n'pop hotel in the Tennessee mountains this summer run by a lovely family. He was chatting with the owner while his room was being prepared and the talk drifted round to hunting ... she said she's had hunters get very angry because she wouldn't let them store dead deer in the walk-in cooler that she didn't even have (and if she did, would be so eager to let people shove random filthy carcasses into) and more than one time someone field-dressed deer in her parking lot.

During deer season she can refer them to a service that takes the carcass away and brings you back nicely wrapped cuts of venison, but she's had a few poachers who had a deer carcass they'd taken out of season, and somehow they expected her to accommodate them. Is there anywhere -- outside of a lodge that specifically caters to hunters -- that would?

Comment

Quoth wordgirl View Post
                        but she's had a few poachers who had a deer carcass they'd taken out of season, and somehow they expected her to accommodate them. Is there anywhere -- outside of a lodge that specifically caters to hunters -- that would?
                        Even such a lodge probably wouldn't accommodate them. After all, the lodge gets its business from hunters, and they'd probably get into trouble if it got out that they were catering to poachers.
                        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Alpha Strike View Post
                          Coffee plunger, aka coffee press, French press.

I've got a stainless steel plunger, although usually they're glass. They're like a jug with a top that has a filter in it, once the coffee or tea has steeped long enough you put the top on and press down. The filter takes all the crunchy bits to the bottom and keeps it there.

I'm a fussy bugger, machine-brewed coffee isn't hot enough for me and I hate the way it tastes. Also it takes a while longer than the plunger. I want my coffee now if not sooner in the morning!

Comment

Quoth LesserSouthernFroglet View Post
                            I want my coffee now if not sooner in the morning!
                            Fortunately there's a product created specifically for you and anyone else who wants their coffee NOW - instant coffee.
                            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                              This coffee smells like shit.
                              Last edited by Mr Hero; 12-09-2016, 09:20 AM.
                              To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                                This coffee smells like shit.
                                Yes, but whose? (since you're such a goomwha afficionado)
                                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                                X