Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just because you sleep on a Queen doesn't mean you are one! (long)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just because you sleep on a Queen doesn't mean you are one! (long)

So I don't know what's going on but lately there was been lots of SCs. And it's not even spring yet. Can you see why I'm glad I'm leaving Plus I can be snarky and not worry about having the Scs whine to the managers about it!

Story the 1st
    So the Queen of Picky came in late last week. She called from her car complaining about the weather being rainy and she couldn't see. The she asked for directions while her GPS was telling her them. Why oh why would she call for directions when she has GPS. Apparently she didn't trust her GPS. Then she went straight to being SC for being so late in my book (midnight! WTH!) and she took one look around and said:

QOP: Why isn't this like the Hellton in [other city]?! This IS Hellton right?!

Me: Ys ma'am this is Hellton.

QOP: The Hellton in other city was tip top shape, had bellhops and a doorman and blah blah blah....

Me: Not all Helltons are the same ma'am. Even though we are Hellton there are different BRANDS in the CHAIN.

QOP: Well I don't like the layout of this at all!

And so she starts dialing on the phone, calling Hellton Customer Service line (she's one of THOSE that has them on speed dial, no exaggeration) and started complaining to them about how she didn't like the lobby furniture, how it looked, where the chairs were, and she hadn't even got into the room yet!! WTH!

So they tell her to speak with the manager and I explain to her that the manager's asleep (it's friggin midnight and all!) and that he'll be in tomorrow morning. Luckily she accepted that and after complaining some more about the layout and decor of the hotel, she left to her room. I wrote a note for the manager as promised and he wasn't happy at all to be warned that an SC in inhouse. But whatever thata's what he gets paid for right? To deal with SCs. The next day, he wrote a note saying that he had spoken with QOP and she had looked at a whopping 10 rooms before deciding on one. Now that's more than I've ever heard of someone look at rooms. She kept complaing that it smelled and that she didn't like the layout. OMG 10????

She admitted that she was picky and I thought YOU THINK?!

Story the 2nd

So this week long guest stayed here and in that week just trashed up her room. I'm talking no room to walk, ankle deep trash. Plus she snuck in her dog even though we don't allow dogs and let it poop and pee everywhere and chew up the carpet. She was only fined $50, should've been fined more.

Story the 3rd

Princess of Picky, not as picky as QOP, but close, checked in last night. She's a long term regular and lately has been complaining a lot. She's also very rude in the mornings (she leaves early for work) and treats me like a slave or a personal secretary, whick I don't care for, secretaries get paid a lot more. Anyway, she checked out 5 rooms before deciding on one, complaining bitterly about how the bedsheets were not ironed and had wrinkles, therefore someone must've slept there before and she didn't want "a room where someone has slept before". WTH? Where does she think she is? A mattress store? 1000s or people have slept in every bed and more. Deal with it, or don't go to a hotel! All hotels have had previous guests. Some weird some not. But apparently she wanted a bed where someone didn't use and demanded a manager. She also checked in a midnight so again. the managers were all asleep.

POP: This is unacceptable, I'm a long term regular!! I'm not picky, I've never complained before, but I'm not sleeping in a bed with unironed sheets! Surely others have complained about this before???

Me: No ma'am, you're the first one that I recall.

POP: No one has complained at all???

Me: No, you're in the MINORITY. The MAJORITY has been satifiest with unironed sheets.

Oh! The look on her face when they realized they're SCs!

POP:..............

Me: Anyway, I'm sorry you don't like your sheets and will leaave a note for the managers about it

POP: *blink* THank you. I WILL find another hotel if there is no unused bed.*FINALLY leaves to her room*

Ugh I hope that I don't see her in the morning. And I hope she goes to our competitor. She may be a regular but we have plenty of regulars that aren't so picky.
    Story the 4th

So this VIP came in to stay for a month or so (some ambassador from some country I think) and when he left, he left a smell that made the wallpaper curl up in the bathroom AND living room. The manager invited me to go and smell it myself...I didn't want to, I expect to smell shit and piss and vomit but it wasn't that. It was the smell of rotting meat. Like if you stuck your head in a Dumpster behind a steakhouse, and it was EXTREMELY strong. I stopped at the doorway and it was SOOOO strong I was nearly knocked off my feet. Disgusting! VIPs are disgusting!!! Anyway, they (the managers and the housekeepers) had to clean it, air it out, and clean it again for a WEEK before it finally smelled normal again. Lord knows what they'd been eating in there. Rotten meat???? And no he wasn't fined because he was a VIP I'd charge him $1000....
    Last edited by HotelMinion; 01-23-2017, 05:00 AM.
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Just...wow...

Story the 1st

Just what is this idiot's problem? Looking at TEN rooms at midnight? Should have been told "no" and sent elsewhere, which hopefully means everybody's full and she loses out.

Story the 2nd

Only a $50 fine? That's outrageous, it should have been at least 12 to 15 times that plus a permaban...

Story the 3rd

Please tell us she left, found conditions elsewhere exactly the same and came back - only to find you're now full!

Story the 4th

Ambassador or not, a permaban in this case was definitely called for...

I can see why you're glad you're getting out!

Comment

Quoth HotelMinion View Post
      ... but I'm not sleeping in a bed with unironed sheets! ...
      I'd not only iron the sheets for her next visit, I'd starch them.
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

With SC's like that, I can see why you're leaving.
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Did the VIP have a lot of CARRION luggage? LOL!!!
          "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Who the hell irons sheets anymore? It's not 1942, lady, deal with it. I can see now wanting to sleep on a bed that hadn't had the sheets CHANGED, but as I said, who irons them these days?
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
              Who the hell irons sheets anymore? It's not 1942, lady, deal with it. I can see now wanting to sleep on a bed that hadn't had the sheets CHANGED, but as I said, who irons them these days?
              yeah it was a few years ago but my Mother ironed EVERYTHING in site like ALL underwear (hers included), sheets and blankets, towels, hankerchefs (sp??), pants, shirts, blouses, skirts, dresses, socks, gloves, jackets, undershirts, etc.

I know Mom was 93 when she passed 7 years ago BUT it was expected of the typical housewife back in the day of the dark ages of the 20th century
              I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
              -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

yeah the sheets are not ironed, I don't think anything is. Usually it goes like this:

Sheets are collected by a housekeeper wearing long gloves and a protective mask (I hope, given what ppl do in them) and inspected for damage by Housekeeping manager, and dumped in a large washer.
                Washer is added with bleach. Bleach kills those motherf**kin germs! Kill those disgusting ppl germs!!!! Gross!!
                After spun dried, sheets are taken out and put into large dryer with a bit of fabric softener to soften it and make it smell nice. High heat kills the rest of those germs. KILL THOSE GERMS!! YUCKKK!!
                Then sheets are taken out, folded (causing creases) and set aside to be put on the bed later. NOT IRONED OUT AT ALL! Go stay at the Ritz or something, and pay extra for ironed sheets, a lot extra!!! I think they do it there, not sure, never worked or stayed there. They should for the price they charge. :\ We're a no frill hotel and proud of it >D

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                With SC's like that, I can see why you're leaving.
                From this hotel into a different one *looong sigh* Though hopefully I'm trying to change that...

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
                Did the VIP have a lot of CARRION luggage? LOL!!!
                LOL that was a good one I can imagine this scenario at the airport:

TSA: Any carry on luggage sir?

Ambassador: Yes I do have some carrion luggage...

TSA: Very good sir.

Ambassador: *winks at his wife*
                Can't reason with the unreasonable.
                The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

Some customers expect to be treated like royalty - and some of those DESERVE to be treated like royalty. Hey, Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette were royalty.
                  Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

The 4 star hotel I worked at had their sheets ironed. admittedly this was a big commercial laundry that did hotel and hospital laundry (not together in the same watch) and ironing was their way of drying the sheets. (everything went though big hot rollers)

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                      Some customers expect to be treated like royalty - and some of those DESERVE to be treated like royalty. Hey, Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette were royalty.
                      That was before they lost their heads to Madame De Guillotine.

As for ironing sheets, mine are wrinkle free. It also helps if you put the sheets on fresh from the dryer - that way the wrinkles fall out faster.
                      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

A previous housemate's mum used to iron her sheets for her. But then again she had paid several hundred pounds for them at Harrod's.

Let's hear it for 85% staff discount off sales prices back in the day.
                        A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

My maternal grandmother used to iron bedsheets. I tried it a few times and went, "F*** this sh*t." Way more trouble than it was worth. Especially fitted sheets.
                          Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                          ~ Mr Hero

Comment

As long as the sheets are clean and fresh, I don't give a shit if they're wrinkly...they're just gonna get wrinkled when you go to sleep anyways.

Comment

I remember my mom ironing sheets, and just about everything else, back int 50s and 60s with a Ironrite ironer. They went out of fashion, and business, when permanent press fabric came along.
                              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                              X