Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy Birthday to the late Sir Terry Pratchett!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Birthday to the late Sir Terry Pratchett!

My sister and I were just talking about having hot dogs for dinner because neither of us feels like cooking, and I made the "Sausage inna bun" crack, referencing Terry Pratchett.

She said someone should do a dinner in his honor on his birthday. Curious, I Googled the great man to see when he was born.

TODAY IS HIS BIRTHDAY! If only he was here to celebrate it...

When you start at zero, everything's progress.

The Pratchett group I'm part of is doing a thing tonight on Facebook celebrating his birthday. Everyone has the drink of their choice at home or out and we will be posting photos of them being raised to the creator.

I'll have to take a photo with my Death's sword, Smythe the dragon and Fion (from Wee Free Men) with my drink of choice.
    A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

So sitting on my couch with my snuggly blanket, Going Postal on the TV, drink in front of me celebrating the works of the Sir Terry.

My housemate and I also have her Librarian and Death of Rats with my Discworld things on the couch with us.
      A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

In honor of the occasion, I have just received the new book Imaginarium by Paul Kidby. This lovely book has many illustrations from the Diskworld stories.
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I so hate you right now. I want that book so badly, but my budget can't stretch that far.

Comment

Quoth Blue Ginger View Post
            I so hate you right now. I want that book so badly, but my budget can't stretch that far.
            If you find yourself in my neighborhood, feel free to drop and look at my copy. But I am not in Oz.
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

All my Discworld books are in storage ...

Now I want to go to my storage lockers and rampage through EVERY SINGLE BOX until I find them.

Although I do have his "A Blink of the Screen" here ... mostly because I bought it after I moved. It's a collection of some of his really early stories.

Also, a belated Happy Birthday to Sir Terry Pratchett!
              Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
              ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
                All my Discworld books are in storage ...
                When I (reluctantly) inherited my first smartphone from my stepdad, the first thing I did was start downloading every Terry Pratchett book I could get my hands on. Now I don't need an extra suitcase for my books when I go away.
                "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

iBooks and eBooks are fantastic. Totally saves my luggage allowance. I still take 1 paperback for the airplane though. So much easier than having to turn tech on and off through security, take off, landing, etc.

Comment

I haven't gone abroad on holiday in years, so it's more a case of saving room in the boot and not having to stack suitcases on the back seat.
                    "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Working...
                    X