This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Despina83 View Post
    Does it annoy anyone else that the majority of people at the check out lanes with baskets will just plop it down on the belt and stand there and watch while you unload all their crap? I mean, come on. My back's sore enough without leaning over and reaching in to pull out all your shit. Have a little courtesy, make my job a little easier. I'm not your slave.
    I refuse to do it. I just say, "Sorry, could you unpack your basket? I have a bad back." And they do it; either with an apology, or a grudging look, but I refuse to strain my back just to help some lazy arse.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
      That makes me ask two questions: 1) how tall are you & 2) how high were your counters.
      I assume that was addressed to me, so I will say I am 5' tall, and the counters were average standard height.

As I said, I am not talking shopping cart...I am talking basket on the counter, and, yes, I did, on occasion, have the picky people who wanted things a certain way, but that wasn't every single customer, so, for me, it wasn't an issue.
      Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Shoot, it depends on the attitude of the customer and my mood--as to whether or not those that plop bother me.

Most of the time, I prefer that people unload their own hand carts, but I always end up with those folks that a PP mentioned...the ones that take out one item at a time. I get those with full regular carts too.

Customers don't like it when I unload the hand carts, because I just turn 'em over on the counter, depending on what's been stuffed in there. If it's a hand card full of beads..then it gets dumped. It's it's boxy items, then they are easy enough to grab out of the cart, so I usually don't bother.

Where I work there is no drop off spot for the handcarts anywhere near the registers (there is also no place to deposit regular push baskets either). So, customers are always searching for somewhere to put them, usually in the way. Then they get mad when I "I'll take that for you"...

Anyway. Na, I don't get bothered, unless I'm already in a pissy mood.
        you are = you're. not "your".

Comment

Quoth hawkchick11 View Post
          I can see your point, but there has been a few times where I've used a basket and the cashier has gotten pissy because I took all of the stuff out for them.
          I have had the same experience. I will usually start unloading the basket, but if the cashier steps in, I let them do it.
          Tamezin

Comment

Quoth Shengirl View Post
            At my store, we are timed, and I personally pride myself on getting customers through the line as speedily as possible. It takes three times as long to rummage around in a basket as it does to snatch things off a belt.
            Bingo!

You've got it!
            Teach a SC to fish... and they will whine about you not catching, filleting, frying, and serving it up on a silver platter for them. - EvilEmpryss

Comment

Quoth hawkchick11 View Post
              I can see your point, but there has been a few times where I've used a basket and the cashier has gotten pissy because I took all of the stuff out for them.
              I think it's a good thing I read all the replies before quoting.

Quoth tamezin View Post
              I have had the same experience. I will usually start unloading the basket, but if the cashier steps in, I let them do it.
              Same with me, Tamezin.

I don't expect anyone to help me unload my little handbasket, but if they want to, the more the merrier.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

If there's a belt, I always unload. It just makes sense.

My local pharmacy, on the other hand, has a very small counter. Once you've set your basket down, there's no counter space left. The ladies who work there usually just have me set the basket down and they unload as they scan.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

The other day a woman started unloading her basket, and I was thinking, "Finally, someone who has the decency to not make me unload their stuf!" when she stopped, looked up, and said, "I guess I don't have to do this, do I?" and made me finish. Now when people do unload their baskets, they always go pretty fast. I've never had someone stand there and take forever. But I hate having to unload the damn things because my back frequently hurts, and when I have to lean over and do that, it just makes it flare up worse. Oh man, if only I had the guts to stand there, stare at them, nod at the basket and and say, "Feel free to unload it anytime."

Comment

Just do as I do; politely say, "Could you please unload your basket? I have a bad back." If they refuse, then call a supervisor or bagger and force them to wait. I've had to do this just once; the people at my work know I have back problems so they're fine about that.
                    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                    My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                    X