• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth The Gatekeeper View Post

(the original) GK procurer of Cats
    no no your the cat pimp.

Comment

So I read, thought on this for a while and am now voting.

I say go for it. The squishy snuggles of a feline have amazing powers. And, from your story, it seems like the lil guy has already picked her out.

That and I want more pics of the lil guy.
      Today was going to be just one of those days...you know, full of zombies.

Comment

The BoyThing's cat loves me. Looooves me. As in, prefers me to him when I'm over. But he's a big fluffball of a kitty and occasionally it bothers me and my sinuses go nutty and my eyes turn bright red. One night BT had to take me home early because he couldn't find his eyedrops and my eyes were so itchy and red I was miserable. The next time I was over, I wouldn't pet the kitty and he was just so...sad. So, BT gives him baths more often and does a better job vaccuuming so that I can give kitty loves without causing myself discomfort. And I keep eyedrops in my purse.

I hope that whatever is decided that it all works out and kitty is happy and Ree is happy.
        "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
        Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

I agree that animals pick their humans.

When I was in high school the family cat would sleep with me at night. When she felt the need to cough up a hairball she would dart to my sister's room and puke on her bed then run back to me and snuggle up.

The family dog became my mom's dog. She would sleep on the floor next to my mom every night. When my dad would get up Brandy would get up to go outside and when she came back in she would go back to my mom and lay next to her until my mom woke up.
          Miyon

Seduce, Let Loose, The Vision and The Void - Coil

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain - Blade Runner

Comment

Just for the record, Ree did know I was going to do this, and didn't express any distress because of it.
            LOL...apparently there was a miscommunication, but as I pointed out to GK, I didn't actually know about it.

Apparently, she told me on MSN, but I was also in the midst of another MSN convo with another friend, and she had been sending me movie clips of her children, so I guess I missed the part when I was told that she was making the thread with the poll.

(Once I saw it, I knew she had posted it in fun.)

Thanks for all the advice and opinions, and for the votes.

I still don't know what to do, because I have, indeed fallen in love with this cat.

He is gorgeous.

There are just so many things to consider.
            Poor thing has had enough disruption, so I would hate to have to uproot him if it wasn't working out.

I have to decide soon, because, based on my answer, that will make the difference in how I return home from GK's place.

If I take the cat, she will drive us home, but if I decide not to take the cat, I will take the train, and I have to order my train ticket(s) soon to get the supersaver rate.
            Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Ree:

GET

THE

CAT.

If you both had a bad 2008 then you both deserve a good 2009 and the bet way to accomplish that is to adopt her so you can spend 2009 together. Just imagine - the cat will go to a wonderful home and you'll have a wonderful companion.
              Last edited by NightAngel; 01-25-2009, 10:51 PM. Reason: Font size... my eyes... the pain!
              Quote Dalesys:
              ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

If Ree can afford it and the cat is really attached to her, then by all means. Like others have said, pets choose their owners. My kitty, Fuzzy Butt chose me after being abused for so long. When an animal was abused and chooses a human, that bond is so unbreakable and so amazing.

Oh dear, I do believe I have tears in my eyes.
                "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

EQ if Ree doesn't take him you can have Stumpers for sure. $120 CDN to adopt and you just have to fill out an application online. If not him I have lots more
                  Pretty cheap. Do you take Visa?
                  Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Thanks for saving and fixing him. I'm sure whoever adopts him (Ree, EQ, or someone else) will give him many good years.

-K'Z'K
                    Last edited by Ree; 02-15-2009, 06:18 AM.
                    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong."
                    -Edward O. Wilson

Comment

If the cat requires certain extra attention due to said incident, then just make sure you're able to do whatever is required whether it be giving him medication, taking him here and there etc.

Other than that, all I can say is it's up to you Ree.
                      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I did it!!!

That furry bundle is all mine.

A very good friend helped me out with the adoption fees, which were the major concern, and I don't think I will ever be able to properly thank him for that. It was so generous and thoughtful.

I brought him home today, and he's still a little nervous. GK has given me a lot of pointers on helping him get used to the place and not so scared.

Poor little guy has been hiding under the desk in my room pretty much since he got here.
                        At one point, he did stick his little face out, but that's about as far as he will go.

I keep talking to him and try to reassure him that (as GK says) the "big pink monkey" won't hurt him, and I am the same person he decided to pick for adoption.
                        Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

YAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

*Snoopy Dance*

I am so happy that you decided to take the cat after all... I didn't want to tell you what to do, but at the same time I desperately hoped it would work out!

Don't worry about the shyness. When we first adopted Murphy (come to think of it, he came to my home on Valentines Day 3 years ago! LOL), he was scared shitless and pretty much ignored us for a week. To be fair, he was taken straight from his old home to the vet for neutering, then brought to OUR house, so he was probably like "Who are you people, where the hell am I, and where are my nads?!?"

Now the little bugger won't leave us alone. He's about the most affectionate feline I've ever known! And he likes my stupid husband more than me, even though it was my idea to get a cat... some gratitude, huh?

He must have figured out that I'm the one that required he be neutered.

I am so excited. You both deserve every bit of happiness that you can get. And as always...

THIS THREAD IS USELESS WITHOUT PICS!
                          "This is the first time I've seen you look ugly, and that makes me happy!"

Comment

It was a long drive for the little guy. He knows Ree so I expect that if he didn't come out overnight, he'll be out soon.

They're a great match. He remembered her when she came in on Monday night.

Right now I suspect you'd only see the floor if she took a pick. Give him a day or so before you blind him with flash .
                            "smacked upside the head by the harsh of daylight" - Tori Amos "The Beauty of Speed"

a sucking chest wound is merely mother nature's way of telling you to slow down - Arm

Comment

Well, I was gonna vote "heck yes" but you beat me to it Congrats Ree!
                              Pit bull-

There is no breed of dog more in need of our compassion; in need of our call to arms on their behalf; and in need of what should be the full force of our enduring sanctuary.

Comment

Yay!

My girlcat spent the better part of six days last week in my parents' bedroom. They were dog-sitting for my cousin's dog, who was kept in the kitchen the whole time, but she never came more than a few steps down the hall. She only ventured out to use the litterbox that was across the hall (moved up from the basement so they wouldn't have to go through the kitchen). But she came out pretty quick once the dog left. Maybe she was watching him leave from the window.

Quoth JuniorMintz View Post
                                And he likes my stupid husband more than me, even though it was my idea to get a cat... some gratitude, huh?
                                Yeah, I picked out girlcat but she loves my dad. Brat.
                                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                                X