This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• small driving pet peeve

People who CANNOT make left hand turns WITHOUT crossing into opposite traffic lanes.

I mean wtf... Stay out of my lane!

image below...
    Green is what they're SUPPOSE to do
    Red is what most of the drivers are actually doing... almost clipping the front of my car off...

even when i'm 5 feet back from the stop line, anticipating them being idiots
    Attached Files

I don't drive, so I can't totally relate, but I've seen that there are indeed many many idiots on the roads. But these idiots tend to lose against the city buses I ride. I was in a bus that got rear-ended once and I heard the crash but didn't even feel the stopped bus move by an inch.
    Long days, short nights, a bottle of NOS makes it all right.

Canadians Unite !

Comment

yeah it's a bit scary when a car decides to narrowly miss you by inches, head-on, because they can't turn the corner without getting in the on-coming traffic lane... and then almost glare at you as if it's your fault for being in the way

Comment

When I'm turning left from the highway through town onto the one that takes me home each day, almost no one stays in the lines. Drives me nuts. It's not gonna get you there any faster, folks.
        The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
          People who CANNOT make left hand turns WITHOUT crossing into opposite traffic lanes.
          These people needs some remedial driving lessons.
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Amen to that. One of the reasons I love my extremely old Ford Explorer; it looks like it will eat your car (I've run over another car with it, so it can actually do that). Most people stay the hell away from it. But when I'm out in a different car- I was borrowing a minivan for nine days earlier this month- people do that kind of thing ALL THE TIME.

And it's insane. The minivan and the explorer take up almost exactly the same amount of space on the road. Their blind spots are very similar. But people will do the stupidest things around me when I'm in the minivan. Especially that corner-cutting thing.

Makes me wish for Darwin and his Chainsaw of Natural Selection...
            "Joi's CEO is about as sneaky and subtle as a two year old on crack driving an air craft carrier down Broadway." - Broomjockey

Comment

One thing that really drove me nuts is when I was doing a dump run in our pickup and several people cut me off while I was in it and this truck is a good sized one and they just acted like I could stop on dime.

Comment

Yep, that happens to me at work all the time (in a busy parking lot with inner-and-outer roads). What I love is when the person cutting-over the line expects you to back-up and provide them with more room. I see a lot of larger suvs/trucks doing this, but most often it's any type of car where the Driver is in a hurry!
                "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

I actually did that last week. It was a complete accident, and it was scary, and that will NEVER happen again.

Comment

This is one of the times I wish I still had the Nissan POS. Or the ultimate commuter car - a '72 Chevy Impala, pre-rusted with lots of dents in it.

Nothing built in the last 10 years short of a bus, semi, or train would survive an impact with it. And it says "Go ahead. Hit me. See if I care."

B
                    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
                    I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
                      What I love is when the person cutting-over the line expects you to back-up and provide them with more room.
                      I only back up for the CT Transit buses, and that's because they really don't have the maneuvering room here in town. Even when I'm completely behind the stop line, which is set a good carlength and a half back from the intersection, the bus needs just a few more inches to make the turn without taking out a building. Plus they all have a huge gouge down the side from cars they couldn't miss. Ugh. I've learned to watch that particular intersection as I approach it now to make sure there are no buses that will need to turn should I lose the coin toss and get the red light.

All other cars, though, don't get me to move. I'm bigger than most of them. Go ahead. Hit my Jeep tank. We need a new car anyway.
                      "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                      - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

It's sad that now days people just don't know how to drive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ow-Et4_HW2Q

When I first found that I thought it was a funny joke, but it's reality now
                        Pit bull-

There is no breed of dog more in need of our compassion; in need of our call to arms on their behalf; and in need of what should be the full force of our enduring sanctuary.

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
                          I only back up for the CT Transit buses, and that's because they really don't have the maneuvering room here in town. Even when I'm completely behind the stop line, which is set a good carlength and a half back from the intersection, the bus needs just a few more inches to make the turn without taking out a building. Plus they all have a huge gouge down the side from cars they couldn't miss. Ugh. I've learned to watch that particular intersection as I approach it now to make sure there are no buses that will need to turn should I lose the coin toss and get the red light.

All other cars, though, don't get me to move. I'm bigger than most of them. Go ahead. Hit my Jeep tank. We need a new car anyway.
                          The only time i will back up or give someone more room is a few intersections where the stop line is too close and it is a frequent route for semis. You wold think they would have pushed the line back because it is a frequent semi route, but no. A semi could make the turn, but it is way too close for comfort.

Comment

I saw a biker go through a red light and turn left in front of a semi. I almost wish the semi had smushed him. Almost cause I didn't really want to see flying biker bits coming at me.
                            Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Phew, close, yes. But the skill some of those semi-drivers exhibit in manuvering their trucks is amazing!
                              "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Working...
                              X