Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh God there is an abundance of inbred rednecks that do that shit here all the time. One inbreed in particular made a left turn like that and almost took out my mother-in-law's front bumper and then had the NERVE to get out of her car and tell her she almost hit HER. My mother-in-law laid down about a dozen cuss words at her and she goes, "Well thaink yew very muuuch!" She was gonna confront her at her door until I got out to make sure she didnt.

Comment

one solution: train horn, lol blow it just as they start to get near you, watch em swerve... no no.. ive... uh.. NEVER... done that
      Crono: sounds like the machine update became a clusterf*ck..
      pedersen: No. A clusterf*ck involves at least one pleasurable thing (the orgasm at the end).

Comment

Quoth wraiths_crono View Post
        one solution: train horn, lol blow it just as they start to get near you, watch em swerve... no no.. ive... uh.. NEVER... done that
        Back when I had a Volvo station wagon, I put a new horn in it. The original horn was a meek beep-beep. I got a diesel type horn from an autoparts catalogue and installed it. People noticed it after that.
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth wraiths_crono View Post
          Shades of the Fabulous Furry Freak Brother's Fat Freddy's horn in his VW bug:
          1000 Watts of a semi-load of live hogs locking up the brakes!
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

AMEN!! Not only do people tend to get close to the cross traffic lanes while turning left, there are plenty of drivers who don't understand that the bike lane is for BIKES only, even if you're about to turn right, you should look over your shoulder to make sure there's no cyclist there. It's so bad that if I want to ride a bike, I do so only on the bike path at the beach, or at the gym.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
              yeah it's a bit scary when a car decides to narrowly miss you by inches, head-on, because they can't turn the corner without getting in the on-coming traffic lane... and then almost glare at you as if it's your fault for being in the way
              I had someone do that to me the other day. I'm about 20 feet from the stop sign, when some idiot (and I'm being nice) in a Hyundai comes flying around the corner. Dumb bitch was on her phone, and not only did she come into my lane, missed hitting me head-on, but nearly took out the stop sign too. Then she gave me a nasty look when I gave her the finger... Don't want to get flipped off? Fine, then hang up the damn phone, and don't drive like an idiot
              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I had something similar happen yet again, only this time with a right turn...

I'm driving up a hill and some jerk is riding my butt because I won't speed for him.

Right before a major intersection there's a tiny right hand turn you can take to cut off the intersection, only... you have to be careful cos it's a 25mph road for a reason - got a really tight curve in it.

On the way pulling in to it, I see there's a postal truck in the road but no biggie I can get around him easily.

Make my turn, slow down really hard to twist the car to the right to make the curve.... Look up to the left and realize ... the jerk took the same curve and ...

WTF?

The jerk behind me took the same curve only ... I guess he figured he could go 40mph all the way through and was almost NEXT to me. I stopped and just looked at him, close enough he could see I was thinking, "WTF is wrong with you?"

He backed off and I went on, skirted the mail truck and then went on the road I wanted.

Assdriver kept tailgating though, so I pulled off at the local college in case he was turning into psychodriver and watched him speed off. idiot's gonna kill someone

Comment

seems kinda strange youd be turning right from the left lane to begin with

Comment

I ride a motorbike and I loathe it when stupid idiots, often either men driving cars that scream "My penis is very small!" or mothers in battle wagons, cut accross me or overtake me on a corner. FFS, I don't want to die cuz of your cretinious disregard for people on two wheels.
                    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                    My DeviantArt.

Comment

It's funny how much of this type of driving I see in parking lots. You would think common sense would say not to try doing 30 in a place where people and pop-out unexpectedly.

And the drivers that think the speed limits/stop signs in a parking lot are optional. I see 3-4 accidents a year in the same spot. They never learn.

I'm about ready to wrap my car in pool noodles, just to be on the safe side.
                      "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth artifical sweetner View Post
                        seems kinda strange youd be turning right from the left lane to begin with
                        no in the latest issue i was turing right from a right lane
                        the guy behind me just didn't pull his ass out of his head and he swung into the left oncoming lane all the way and almost came up beside me

Comment

Quoth tigger222 View Post
                          One thing that really drove me nuts is when I was doing a dump run in our pickup and several people cut me off while I was in it and this truck is a good sized one and they just acted like I could stop on dime.
                          The trolley line I take most of the time crosses a couple streets above ground. The signals are set so that greenlights for the trolley and cars rarely coincide (if they do, then the cars have right-of-way as long as they actually have a green light).

Starting in the spring, I'll see a lot of penis extensions trying to cross the tracks and beat the train. The trains take a fair distance to completely stop, and a typical vehicle will lose a fight...a few years ago I witnessed a very messy encounter between a train and two cars (one car's involvement was obvious, not sure how the second one got into it).

One day, the train I was on came across some jerk in an overlarge SUV. He had tried to beat the green and flip an illegal U-turn (east and westbound traffic lanes are separated by the trolley tracks), but the westbound drivers weren't going to (or couldn't) let him in and so he was stuck on the tracks. I was sitting in a seat behind and to one side of the driver, so I got a front-row seat for what transpired.

Train driver stands on the brakes (miraculously we managed to stop and nobody was hurt) and lays on both the bell and horn. Penismobile-man looks right at the driver and flips him off. Favor is returned by driver and even a few passengers, more laying on of horn. A minute or so more of this, then the T driver begins inching ever so slowly forward until the front coupling is almost-but-not-quite touching the car. At this point westbound traffic is stopped, possibly to give idiot somewhere to move to, possibly to watch. T driver gets on his radio.

Penismobile finally notices what has transpired, and that the train is much bigger than he is...finally tucks his tail between his legs and heads westbound...but is pulled over by transit police before he can even start his great getaway.
                          Last edited by Dreamstalker; 04-03-2009, 12:28 AM.
                          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

I don't know about y'all, but I was taught to ALWAYS signal when I change lanes. Nobody down here seems to do that and it drives me buggy.
                            "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Mike Taylor View Post
                              I don't know about y'all, but I was taught to ALWAYS signal when I change lanes. Nobody down here seems to do that and it drives me buggy.
                              Didn't you know that turn signals are options? Especially on expensive cars/penis extenders?

Not many people tend to mark that tick box it seems.

B
                              "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
                              I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
                                Phew, close, yes. But the skill some of those semi-drivers exhibit in manuvering their trucks is amazing!
                                It's necessary. Maneuvering a many-ton vehicle while double-clutching a thirteen-speed transmission ain't an easy job. I wish everyone had to get a CDL before applying for their class E permit here in America. At the very least people would treat these behemoths with respect. Just because you zip in front and slam on your brakes doesn't mean it's even physically possible for that freshly-loaded Peterbilt to avoid turning you into an accordion with the help of the car in front of you.

Comment

Working...
                                X