This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent!
    It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
    -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Quoth Sofar View Post
      New testament, people. That's why there is a new testament, the old one's out of date. I mean, what happened between then and now? Jesus.
      Yup. Old Testament was too tough for man, so the New Testament was put out as a kinder, gentler set of rules that maybe we could follow better. Oh, and a chance to be ok still, even after breaking them, as long as we were truly sorry we did and tried to never do it again.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Noelegy View Post
        Sadly, I wonder if those in charge of the WWII concentration camps were aware of the tattoo prohibition and the arm tattoos were just another way of hurting the Jews, knowing that those who strictly followed Levitican law would find it abhorrent to be marked in such a way.
        I've also heard that some camps would actually *burn* the ID numbers into the skin. I bet the main reason for the tattoos or burns, was simply that once done, it's permanent...and easily traceable. Just the thing for tracking down escapees.
        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Lewis Black did a great piece in his "Red, White & Screwed" special.

He was complaining about Christian ministers preaching from the Old Testament. That part belongs to the Jews. "You don't hear rabbis going around preaching from the New Testament, do you?" Then he went on about how Jews would be happy to explain the Old Testament to you any time, as they go about their "Jewy, Jewy day."

He also commented that the God of the New Testament is kind and loving, while the God of the Old Testament is, well, a prick.

I love Lewis Black.
          Labor boards have info on local laws for free
          HR believes the first person in the door
          Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
          Document everything
          CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
            I've also heard that some camps would actually *burn* the ID numbers into the skin. I bet the main reason for the tattoos or burns, was simply that once done, it's permanent...and easily traceable. Just the thing for tracking down escapees.
            I imagine the dehumanizing factor of being reduced to a number was also part of the psychology behind the tattoos, too.

I'm pondering a tattoo....we'll see how I feel about it in 6 months. My mom would totally shit a brick though, even though I'm 27

Comment

Whatever happened to "Judge not lest ye be judged"?
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I am greatful I've never met someone like this.

There are a million and a half snappy retorts for what this woman said...

I have however met someone who was somewhat anti-semetic and a Jesus freak. When I pointed out that Jesus himself was a jew, they called it blasphemy because I had "dared to compare Jesus with those heathens"

Comment

Quoth Kiwi View Post

She said "well then your mums going to hell for it"

we are no longer friends.
                  oh my lord, what is WRONG with people??? good for you for dumping her as a friend.
                  Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Oh, you OWNED that bitch!
                    ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

I am going to get a cross on one of my fingers. I think when I get my bonus. I am also going to get a WWJD on my wrist. It will be a part of a chain.
                      Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                      San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

ok this time i read all the posts before i responded and i'm almost certian there was no mod. teaming to shut this one down......yet
                        for those that are interested, you must remember that the book of leviticus is one of the 5 books that make up the torah.
                        It was written on a road trip that the entire israel nation made from eygpt to canaan.
                        For about 400 years the isrealites have been slaves to the egyptians and had picked up alot of bad little habits. these folks wondered around having to start all over because they litterly had nothing, thier entire beings were deicated to being an egyptian slave. So you have this wondering mass, and chaos assumed
                        God created the 10 commandments, 10 easy to follow rules, everything after those became a case of , these folks don't want to do things the easy way so i have to hold thier hands and wipe thier bottom for them because they want to run all around this freaking desert and act the fool!!
                        One of them was tattooing the IMAGES OF THE DEAD on to the body. Why?? this was a act of worship to that persons spirit and God simply wouldn't have it.
                        The text falls silent on many other things. As far as the posts about "why some parts are skipped and others arn't" Jesus grew up learning what we call the old testement!! he quoted it often and throughly!!
                        Homosexuality isn't just mentioned in the old testement, but also in the new. God never changed. Read the whole bible and you will discover the same everloving God through out it, as far as lewis black goes.... he is a comedian...... would you really trust something as important as a soul to him???honestly i really do have a "reasonable" responce to SOME , MAJOR inquires (don't sweat the small stuff) but drop me a line and i will get back ASAP but its 3:33 AM EST and my brian feels fuzzy

Comment

While we're on the subject, I'm a fully avowed pagan, yet my personal beliefs do, in fact, acknowledge the existence of Jehovah. They also acknowledge the existence of (almost) every other deity that has ever been worshiped. I believe, honestly, that what you believe and who you follow determines where you go and what happens to you, so it's best to pick the religion and deity (or deities) that resonate with your heart on the deepest level.

I also believe that if you disagree with a part of a deity's faith you disagree with the gestalt of it, which means you shouldn't be worshiping them any more than you should patronize a business that doesn't meet your needs when there are others that can do a better job. Go and find a god whose faith you completely agree with and follow them. You'll get a whole lot more bang for your buck when you actually need to pray for something.

And remember, if your choice of deity happens to accept/demand animal sacrifices you can always use lobsters or oysters and offer prayer while you boil them. After all, most priests held village-wide barbecues after slaughtering the sacrifices, so there's usually no rules against what you do after it's been offered up.
                          Last edited by JustADude; 06-16-2007, 09:30 AM.
                          ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                          And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

How ironic!

Tattoos are "blasphemy" against God!

Does it make any sense that I, blas87 (formerly known as blasphemy87) have 4 tattoos?

Am I a walking contradiction?
                            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                              Am I a walking contradiction?
                              More like a walking cliché I believe in this case.
                              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

I have had the pleasure of meeting more then a few of these people. (my ex father-in-law was a minister) My self being wiccan/bisexual/4 piercings w/ 10 tattoos I tend to get this a lot. I usually tell them simply...."Go back read the whole bible and when ya get to the part that says Judge not lest ye be judged.....then please come talk to me"

Comment

Working...
                                X