Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, if someone comes up in the first half hour or so of the movie, we'll change/refund your ticket, no questions asked. After that point, we'll ask questions, depending on attitude and answers, we might still change/refund. But when you've sat through 2 hours of a 2 hr. 15 min. film (or even the entire thing), it couldn't have been THAT bad, or you'd have left.
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth LadyAndreca View Post
      [*]I don't care if it was a movie you already owned. Seriously, why'd you open it then?
      My nieces and nephews would get Disney movies for Christmas from one of their grandfathers. All nicely wrapped, sure, but out of their store plastic. Kinda hard to return/exchange for another title if they already happened to own it.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
        My nieces and nephews would get Disney movies for Christmas from one of their grandfathers. All nicely wrapped, sure, but out of their store plastic. Kinda hard to return/exchange for another title if they already happened to own it.
        Mmm, good point. And if I'd been thinking more, I'd have remembered I have a CD sitting around because I didn't realize until I opened it that it was karaoke.

Unfortunately, it still doesn't mean I can do anything about it.
        It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

NightAngel, I must borrow you for a few nights at work this week.

What I would give to have someone stand up for me and let the victimizer know that they aren't getting anywhere.
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
            NightAngel, I must borrow you for a few nights at work this week.

What I would give to have someone stand up for me and let the victimizer know that they aren't getting anywhere.
            Buy me dinner and I'm all yours.
            "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
            HellGate: London

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
              True. I was still pretty suprised that anyone asked to change a movie because they didn't like it.
              Quoth Broomjockey View Post
              Well, if someone comes up in the first half hour or so of the movie, we'll change/refund your ticket, no questions asked. After that point, we'll ask questions, depending on attitude and answers, we might still change/refund. But when you've sat through 2 hours of a 2 hr. 15 min. film (or even the entire thing), it couldn't have been THAT bad, or you'd have left.
              Yeah, I want to know if they sat through the whole movie, or if they came out partway through.

I can totally see a theater allowing someone to change to something else if they walked out partway through because they didn't realize it would be as extreme as it was. Especially if they were polite about it.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Less than half way through.
                "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

I've rented movies in the past and hated them. Did I go back and throw a fit or demand a refund?

But oh how I miss OnDemand. Free movies all the time. If you don't like it, you can stop it and not waste a penny.

NightAngel, we'll have to eat before work since our vending machines aren't really.....cusine type food hehe.
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth NightAngel View Post
                    Buy me dinner and I'm all yours.
                    Where were you when I was single???

Comment

Stuff like this is exactly the reason I joined up to Netflix. I can rent all the movies I want, watch stupid/trashy stuff, and check things out before I buy em. I've rented stuff I thought I'd love that I couldn't stand, and now have a list of movies to buy (like Slither) that I wasn't sure I'd even like. Makes my life (and the sales peoples lives) much easier. Plus, I don't feel bad if I don't like something, I just ship it back.
                      "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                        Kinda hard to return/exchange for another title if they already happened to own it.
                        Which they almost always did, seeing as how they always got there gifts 1-12 months late...
                        I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Working...
                        X