Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bravely Default friends, help an Uncle out!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feel free to abilink me, you'll get a lot of bonus skills from my jobs

As far as Florem, I was farming it by using Thief (and eventually Ranger) with a bow, and Spell Fencer as a the "subclass". Just max out brave at the start of every fight and go nuts. Alraune/ghost/treant/mushroom enemies are weak vs Fire Sword, the beetles are weak vs. Ice. As long as you continually both beat the enemies in one round, and do so without damage, you'll get more and more JP and Exp...the best packs are the ones with 4 Alraunes, with an Unscathed Hero chain, you'll get 45 JP per fight. Just don't use ice on Alraune, they absorb it and heal.

I just keep 2 people as my mob killers (thief or ranger) and the other two are more or less there for decoration while their jobs level

It works even better outside Hartschild (Fire and Bliz are still the weaknesses, and you get more JP). Just unlocked the Bard class, but I already have some other jobs at level 10 Once you get the Alarm Earrings from the Norende shop, you'll get surprise attacked less, which keeps enemies from resetting your unscathed bonus.

Edit: So far, my team seems to always revert to some form of this (Main/Subclass): Thief/Spell Fencer, Ranger/Spell Fencer, Red Mage/Time Mage, Red Mage/Summoner. I know RMs lag behind later once you get past level 4 magic, but so far I've only gotten up to L4 White Magic spells, so it hasn't mattered yet. The Time Mage RM is my healer, and the Summoner RM is my Black Mage...and since I already managed to get Susano'o, the Summoner part hits like a truck I haven't found anything yet that can deal as much consistent damage as Thief/Ranger with a bow yet though, so they are my main damage dealers, especially when I'm farming for JP.
    Last edited by KhirasHY; 08-02-2014, 03:14 AM.
    "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
    "What IS fun to fight through?"
    "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

I'm currently grinding around Florem before trying to take on the Rusalka (again). Don't have the Red Mage asterisk yet; I botched that chain of events and have to restart but want to wait until I figure out a way to win.
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

I don't think there's a way to miss Red Mage...just go back to Florem at night and you'll eventually get there. He's a pain in the ass though

Comment

I'm discovering that -_- I'm having an easier time with Rusalka than him...grinding again as my last few rounds with the oversized drip saw everyone killed when it was down to less than 1000 HP.

Yes, a thief/spellfencer with a bow is awesome. Is there any way to get the items that a thief could have stolen from previous bosses or am I out of luck for that?

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
            I'm discovering that -_- I'm having an easier time with Rusalka than him...grinding again as my last few rounds with the oversized drip saw everyone killed when it was down to less than 1000 HP.

Yes, a thief/spellfencer with a bow is awesome. Is there any way to get the items that a thief could have stolen from previous bosses or am I out of luck for that?
            There is a way for some of them, but I can't say how due to spoilers. Also, I've been overplaying this...if you abilink me to anyone, they will have access to every class ability, I have them all maxed out now at lvl 99

Comment

This is for the 3DS right? I need a new game to play when I can't keep sitting at Frankie the computer.

Comment

Yes it is...and it's quite fun.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
                  This is for the 3DS right? I need a new game to play when I can't keep sitting at Frankie the computer.
                  Yes, and as Khiras said, it's fun However, that's only if you like old school JRPGs. Think NES/SNES generation Final Fantasy. If you like those, you'll like this.
                  My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

I got everything done in the Florem area AND I'm almost done with Norende. Right now I'm trying to level all of the jobs I got up to lvl nine before moving on.

Though, I have a huge infestation of nemesis. Five out seven of them are lvl 99 and two of them are this weird looking fish called a Ba'al iv; Goldie. The others are kanji named and a... *looks* Asmodeus. I tried fighting the fish twice but got annihilated when I was not even lvl 30 yet and I'm lvl 47. Any tips on killing those fish when the time comes?
                    Last edited by Caffienated_Caramel; 08-18-2014, 12:25 AM.

Comment

Finally beat Rusalka and DeRosa; my party was a mix of Ranger/Thief/Valkyrie with bows and the Spellfencer subclass (I'm really liking that combo), with my white mage keeping everyone alive. The latter battle seemed more dumb luck than any real tactics on my part; I think I used a lot of Summon Friend and Special moves there.

CC, this may help you (or you may have tried it already). I always have one character with freelancer abilities (usually my White Mage) to use Examine on a boss the first round which tells you any weaknesses.
                      Last edited by Dreamstalker; 08-18-2014, 01:51 PM.

Comment

My friend code is....

1006 - 0616 - 9730

Comment

Added you!
                          My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Working...
                          X