This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not fair...

Working away the other day when the plumbing dept. manager comes back with a faucet in his hand.

"I've got this customer who bought a faucet for his tub, and it leaks constantly. What do I do? Can I just give him a new one? What's this company's warranty?"

I drop what I'm doing and go to our computer and look up the warranty policy on the product. (Something every employee in the store has access to.)

I say, "Call this number and explain the situation, and if they give you permission to replace only the cartridge, then pull it out and give it to the customer for theirs, and then I'll write up the faucet claim for credit."

All fixed up, the customer goes away happy.

The frustrating part?

He wrote a thank you letter to the store and mentioned the plumbing dude by name, gushing over his exceptional customer service and speedy resolution to his problem.

So, once again, I'm behind the scenes solving the problem and doing the legwork and somebody else gets the credit.
    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Ouch, I hate it when that happens.

*Offers cookies and icecream*
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

The words "look it up yourself" may need to become part of your language.

Comment

For a while now, I have been telling people to go to the computer and find out the warranty, and a lot of the time, that works, but every once in a while, for some reason or another, I still end up getting paged to the floor to answer questions, or because somebody is reading the screen wrong.
        Sometimes, it's just easier to go ahead and do the lookup so I can get on with my work.

Comment

If the guy had any honor he would tell management or whoever that you were the force, he was just the face (to the customer).
          https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

I called him on it in a joking manner, but he knew I was a bit irked.

He joked back and said, "Maybe I'll get a raise," just to goad me a little.

I do like the guy and we get along.

It just bugged me because it keeps happening.

Comment

Working...
            X