This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth tollbaby View Post
    My friend teaches PE at a high school in Arizona - apparently their school board strictly forbids teaches from having facebook accounts!
    See, that's completely unreasonable. My best friend joined the Air Force after graduation and spent roughly six years in Japan--facebook was an easy way to keep tabs on her (phones were expensive, and sometimes it can be too hectic to sit and write an email). My little brother just moved to AZ for school and again, it's the easiest way to keep in touch. Why should I be denied this social network because I decided my life's calling was to be harassed by kids....I mean teach.
    However, strictly forbidding teachers (not college professors) to add students to their friend list is pretty reasonable, in my opinion.

Comment

I remember a student teacher losing her position because her Myspace page had a picture of her drinking out of a plastic cup at a party. She was over 21 and there was no way to identify what she was drinking but she still got in trouble over it.

Comment

As soon as graduation passed, a few teachers gave me their facebook urls. Thankfully all the teachers at my high school (or at least all the ones I liked) were cool and whatnot while we were students, but now that we've graduated we hang out and whatnot (And not that we're 21, go out to the bars)

Comment

Working...
        X