This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• had my review

Finally got it on Wed. That in itself is a small miracle because we all know that getting your review in a timely fashion does not happen that often.

Anyway, it went better then I thought. Only thing is, I'm not full time yet.

They (FES and store manager) don't just give you full time hours. They promote you to full time, with a pretty decent raise to go along with it.

The reason I didn't get it (yet) is because I tend to try to be funny and say the wrong thing at the wrong time, in the wrong tone of voice.

So we agreed that I'll work on it through the holidays, and they say they see me becoming full time at the beginning of the year.

They say they also want the new cashiers to look up to me (they already do!) for help and to be shown what busy work to do. I do what I can.

Then they dragged out the whole "I can definitely see you working in the service desk within 6 months if you can cut down on the talking and the perception of rudeness."

I. Don't. Want. To. Work. The. Service. Desk.

See one of the things they love about me is that I volunteer to face and stock and whatever else I can do to stay busy. I get things done. I can face our entire store in 4 hours if they'd let me (I faced 3/4 of it in 3 hours once. Everyone was amazed.). I'd stock all day if they'd let me. If I went to SD, I'd NEVER get to do it. Plus, I couldn't deal with complaints all day, and if management keeps being concerned about my money handling skills (nothing serious, just a lack of attention sometimes due to the register setup) WHY would they want me to be in a position to deal with returns/refunds/moneyorders, etc.?

Bleh. Wish me luck.
    I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

I love service desk. I don't get scheduled there, but I'm back there all the time to help out or cover breaks, or because I'm bored and the mngr lets me do whatever. I'm much nicer there than on a register, and complaints don't bother me because they're outright. The stuff customers do at the registers is passive-aggressive. I guess I like SD because I wield the power.
    Hopefully they put you where you're happy. I don't know if your company is like that.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I'm still waiting for my review.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I always love how they can ALWAYS find at least one negative thing to say, even if it contradicts something from a previous year.
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
        X