Go Back   Customers Suck! > Community > Forum games

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 07:14 AM
Knows where his towel is!

Exclamation

And now it's time for a couple of my favorite quotes from the Longest Running Science Fiction Series in the History of Television... Doctor Who

The 7th Doctor (Sylvester McCoy): "Goodbye Davros. It hasn't been pleasant."

--From "Remembrance of the Daleks"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ace: "Professor? We did good, didn't we?"

The 7th Doctor: "Perhaps. Time will tell... It always does."

--Also from "Remembrance of the Daleks"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 9th Doctor (Christopher Eccleston): "You lot. You spend all your time thinking about dying, like you're going to get killed by eggs, or beef, or global warming, or asteroids. But you never take time to imagine the impossible. That maybe you survive."

--From "The End of the World" ................................

Last edited by Jack T. Chance; 07-06-2009 at 10:19 PM.

Old 06-25-2009, 02:48 PM
Philosophical Tomato

Ghostbusters (1 and 2)

"I collect spores, molds and fungus."

"Well that wasn't such a chore now was it?"

"I don't have to take this abuse from you. I got hundreds of people dying to abuse me."

"No job is too big, no fee is too big!"

"We're going about this all wrong. This Mr. Staypuft is all right, he's a sailor, he's in New York; we get this guy laid we won't have any trouble!"

"Ungrateful little yuppie larva."

"We had part of a Slinky, but I straightened it."

"Have you been out on the streets lately? Do you know how weird it is out there?"

Old 06-25-2009, 04:44 PM
Urge to kill, rising...

Red Dwarf; if anyone is as big a geek as me and feels like labeling these quotes by series and episode, feel free. XD

Rimmer: Well, if it's not serious when your genitals can go wandering off on their own, I wonder what is?

Kryten:
Well, Space Corps Directive 195 clearly states that in an emergency power situation, a holo-grammatic crew member must lay down his life in order that the living crew members might survive.
Rimmer: Yes, but Rimmer Directive 271 states just as clearly, "No chance, you metal bastard."

Rimmer: You're about as useful as a condom machine in the Vatican.

Cat: He won't throw anything away because it reminds him of the good times he had with Rimmer! I must have blinked and missed them.

Lister: Drop dead, Rimmer.
Rimmer: Already have done.
Lister: Encore!

Rimmer: Oh ha, ha!
Lister: Rimmer, people who say 'ha, ha' have no sense of humour, they can't think of a witty retort.
Rimmer: (pause) Oh ha, ha!

Cat: All in all, a 100% successful trip!
Kryten: But sir, we lost Mr Rimmer.

Rimmer: Please rush me my portable walrus polishing kit. Four super brushes that will clean even the trickiest of seabound mammals. Yes, I am over eighteen, though my IQ isn't.

Lister: Don't give me the Star Trek crap. It's too early in the morning.

Kryten: Frankenstein was the creator, not the monster. It's a common misconception, held by all truly stupid people.

Lister: What's it feel like?
Rimmer: Death? It's like being on holiday with a group of Germans.

Old 06-25-2009, 05:57 PM
Asura Mesmer

"All of this was for nothing, unless we go to the stars." - Commander Jeffrey Sinclair, "Babylon 5"

"A stroke of the brush does not guarantee art from the bristles." - Kosh, "Babylon 5"

"We've lived too long, seen too much. To live on, as we have, is to leave behind joy, love, and companionship because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can believe that love is eternal. [pause] You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received." - Lorien (alien) to Ivanova (human), "Babylon 5"

"The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." - G'Kar, "Babylon 5"

"We are star stuff. We are the universe made manifest trying to figure itself out." - Delenn, "Babylon 5"

I could do B5 quotes all day. But I'll end with a funny one:

"Zathras is used to being beast of burden to other people's needs. Very sad life... probably have very sad death, but at least there is symmetry." - Zathras, "Babylon 5"

Old 06-26-2009, 02:02 AM
mommy and ghost wrangler

We're doing friend quotes too? Oh fun!

"Psychotic killers don't kill people........oh wait -- yes they do!" -- my little sister Emily

"Oh, come on. I want them in a Disney mood, not dead from insulin shock..." -- my best friend Lucy

"Thus, i'faith, I am always head over heels for one reason or another." -- Lucy, again, after explaining why she doesn't understand the term "head over heels" in character at the Renn Fest. If you'd like the whole spiel, I'll post it. It's a great little monologue

“I was going to take over the world, but I got distracted by something shiny.” -- I'm sure it came from somewhere, but Lucy and I always say it

"Caterpillars, for reasons unknown to man, occasionally get this bizarre urge to 1) parachute without parachutes, 2) imitate rain, 3) commit suicide. They're either insane, studying zen buddhism, or in need of caterpillar prozac." -- found on a blog and I always loved it

"I have an involuntary scream reflex around them, and I do a very good, "DADDYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!"" -- Emily again

"Let me know if you figure out whether or not it's a good idea." -- the Hubby many many years ago

"Honey, he’s a psychopathic killer. Of course he’s crazy." -- me. WAY too long of a story to explain

He was a hero to me....and heroes are not supposed to die.

Oh good, my dog found the chainsaw!

Old 06-26-2009, 02:12 AM
¡Fleas Navidad!

Well, if we're quoting our friends:

Happiness is a warm Chihuahua.

- My friend Harvey, texted to me a few years ago while we were sitting next to each other in a booth at the bar after work. I was upset over something or other, and were having a conversation via text so the others wouldn't hear. I still have this text in my phone.

B5 Quotes!
Old 06-26-2009, 03:08 AM
Knows where his towel is!

Cool B5 Quotes!

Well, since we're doing Babylon 5 quotes, now...

"You do not understand. But... you will."
--Ambassador Kosh, being cryptic, as always

"A Vorlon once said that understanding is a 3-edged sword: Your side, their side, and the truth."
--Captain Sheridan

"It ended the way all love ends... badly."
--Ambassador Londo Mollari, referring to an old love affair

Last edited by Jack T. Chance; 06-29-2009 at 03:40 AM.

Old 06-26-2009, 12:22 PM
Asura Mesmer

Quote:
Quoth Jack T. Chance View Post
"A Vorlon once said that understanding is a 3-edged sword: Your side, their side, and the truth."
--Not sure who said it
Captain Sheridan. I could find the episode if I wanted to take a few minutes.

Here's another one from B5:

"My shoes are too tight, and I have forgotten how to dance." - Londo Mollari (if you don't get what he's talking about, I can explain...)

Old 06-26-2009, 03:49 PM
Store Manager

Quote:
Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
Red Dwarf; if anyone is as big a geek as me and feels like labeling these quotes by series and episode, feel free. XD
Quote:
Rimmer: Well, if it's not serious when your genitals can go wandering off on their own, I wonder what is?
Seaon 2 Episode 5, Queeg (When his Holo is wonky and his body splits in tow
Quote:

Kryten:
Well, Space Corps Directive 195 clearly states that in an emergency power situation, a holo-grammatic crew member must lay down his life in order that the living crew members might survive.
Rimmer: Yes, but Rimmer Directive 271 states just as clearly, "No chance, you metal bastard."
Season 4, Episode 4 (White Hole), in response to Space Corp Directive 195 (Where a holographic crew member must sacrifice themselves
Quote:
Rimmer: You're about as useful as a condom machine in the Vatican.
Season 2 Episode 5 Queeg (again, and it's Holly that rimmer is reffering to

Cat: He won't throw anything away because it reminds him of the good times he had with Rimmer! I must have blinked and missed them.

Season 7, Episode 5, Blue

Quote:
Lister: Drop dead, Rimmer.
Rimmer: Already have done.
Lister: Encore!
Season 2, Episode 1, Kryten, in response to Rimmer Bossing Kryten around

Quote:
Rimmer: Oh ha, ha!
Lister: Rimmer, people who say 'ha, ha' have no sense of humour, they can't think of a witty retort.
Rimmer: (pause) Oh ha, ha!
Season 7, episode 3 ,Ouroboros
Quote:
Kryten: But sir, we lost Mr Rimmer.
Season 6, Episode 5, Rimmer World.
Quote:
Rimmer: Please rush me my portable walrus polishing kit. Four super brushes that will clean even the trickiest of seabound mammals. Yes, I am over eighteen, though my IQ isn't.
Season 2 Episode 2 ,Better than Life
Quote:
Lister: Don't give me the Star Trek crap. It's too early in the morning.
Season 3, Episode 6, The Last Day

Quote:
Kryten: Frankenstein was the creator, not the monster. It's a common misconception, held by all truly stupid people.
Season 5 Episode 4, Quarantine
Quote:
Lister: What's it feel like?
Rimmer: Death? It's like being on holiday with a group of Germans.
Seaon 1 Episode 1, The End.

Do I Win?

Old 06-26-2009, 07:48 PM
Store Manager

Quote:
Quoth Jester View Post
"Try not. Do. Or do not. There is not try." --Yoda, "The Empire Strikes Back.
I love answering/interrupting this quote with the one that Jay says when Silent Bob says the Yoda quote in "Chasing Amy"...

"Knock that s*** off!"

Quote:
Quoth Jester View Post
“Naturally the common people don't want war.... That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along.... Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.” --Hermann Goering.
"Thomas Jefferson once said: 'Of course the people don't want war. But the people can be brought to the bidding of their leader. All you have to do is tell them they're being attacked and denounce the pacifists for somehow a lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.' I think that was Jefferson. Oh wait. That was Hermann Goering. Shoot." --Jon Stewart, hosting the Peabody Awards

Quote:
Quoth Jester View Post
"Life's a journey, not a destination." --Aerosmith.
"Perfection is a path, not a destination." - Chiun (Joel Gray), from the movie "Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins".