This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wedding Thread

So, We totally went off topic with Kiakats thread.

My heart just jummped a little when I saw I have 38 days till my wedding. EEK! A happy eek though!
    My sanity has been dripping out of me my whole life, today they turned on the faucet.....

. This thread needs pics (of the dress) however.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

http://www.flickr.com/photos/48272780@N06/5357742203/ Flickr site Pics of the dress with me in it.

http://www.marysbridal.com/bridal/7965.htm Pic of it on a model.
      My sanity has been dripping out of me my whole life, today they turned on the faucet.....

Comment

Gorgeous!!!!!!!
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I should download my saved bookmarks onto Fiance's computer and put them in Safari so I can share some images/links. One of these days I'll put together an actual inspiration board. Maybe.

Mono, I've said it before, but I love your dress. I tried on a few like that, and they were all pretty, but the dress was wearing me, rather than the other way around. I'm just not statuesque enough to pull it off.

Comment

Ha, I am only five feet tall. Totally not statuesque. But I LOVE the dress you choose.

I actually saw your dress on "Say yes to the dress" the other day. Beautiful.
            Last edited by monolayth; 03-29-2011, 10:05 PM. Reason: Cuz my spelling sucks.

Comment

As someone who'll be celebrating our 31st this year I wish all the happiness that we've had over the years
              "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

Can't remember if I posted these in the other thread, but this is what I want for bridesmaids' dresses: http://www.dessy.com/dresses/bridesmaid/D494/ I LOVE the neckline on it. The one insistence that both of my bridesmaids have made is that the dresses not be strapless, which is so hard to find, especially with bridesmaid's dresses. (If all else fails, I may get a white version of this for my dress.) I also like this: http://www.dessy.com/dresses/bridesmaid/D490/ I'm thinking about doing this one (or one like it) for my niece who will be a Jr. Bridesmaid. She'll be 11, and I think it's very cute and age appropriate. I've found versions of both on David's Bridal's website, which we may end up going with for cost reasons.
                "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Admin, Hose are very cute dresses. What colors were you thinking?

Comment

I can't decide! I like purple and green, Fiance likes blue, my sister wants to wear red (of course ). We'll probably decide once we nail down a venue. I've been working on a guest list, and it's become very apparent that there will be *way* too many people to have it at my sister's house. Argh. But, I'm very etiquette-conscious. If I'm going to invite one cousin and their kids, I feel like I should then invite ALL of my cousins and ALL of their kids. Then there's his family (considerably smaller, but still), family friends, mutual college friends, Warcraft buddies, my Kansas posse........

Eek?
                    "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                    Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Yay for wedding thread! I love wedding threads.

monolayth - gorgeous dress!!! And congrats to only 38 days til your wedding!

Admin- depending on your wedding it may be possible to accommodate everyone. I'm not having a very formal wedding and my colors are basically gold and cream. So what I'm probably going to do for my bridesmaids is use the Davids Bridal separates. I pick out their skirt and give them a range of colors to choose from for their tops. They get to pick their own style with the stipulation that it look decent on them. Then they get to wear something they like and can wear again but I still retain the final decision.

Comment

when I got married, I went with pastels because I could not make a decision. I love your dresses.
                        Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

I'd love to get my sister into a Wai-Ching for the Matron of Awesome dress - but she's insisting it has to be long, not short... so maybe we'll do an adapted version. That's my next project, actually. Then the save-the-dates/invites, and then the favours & centerpieces.

Mono - I bet you were able to see a lot more of the detail, since those shows tend to focus on that. Isn't it absolutely stunning? I swear, the detail is what makes Claire Pettibone dresses.

Comment

36 days now!

Seriously it is going fast which is awesome. We are getting down to the final things. I really don't have much to do until the 21st. I will be buying the meat on the 8th. (payday) It is frozen pulled BBQ. I found some that tastes just like when I do it. So it will be a time saver.

I will not be buying the bread and sides until the day before.

Flowers will be picked up May 3rd, Or was that the 2nd.....need to call the florist. I will be making my bouquet. I have done a couple test runs with them and they turn out perfect. And I will have My friend C help pluck the roses for rose petals. It will be a relaxing thing to do.

But everything is going good. If only people would actually RSVP. Seriously I have maybe 10 out of 70 RSVPs.

Comment

I love wedding threads.

Mono: I LOVE your dress! Will the bubs be in a suit?
                              The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
                              X