Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One thing's for sure. Potential future roommates will not be able to catch a break thanks to this bitch on things like the deposit.

People like her are why folks get so strict about who they rent to, and the terms and conditions. Too many bottom feeders taking advantage and sucking the life out of everyone else.
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Change the keys and then insist she pays the amount owed before she gets her copy.

Comment

Would eviction procedures show up on a background check if so it may be worth the trouble for devilment if nothing else.

Comment

Juice an onion and let the juice stand in the kitchen for a while...

Comment

Sorry you got screwed over by this bitch.

Here's some bourbon and scratch made vanilla bean pound cake...
            Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

I'm going to be massively surprised if I don't hear about this... lady leaving the island within the next 3 weeks to a month. Regardless of her own stubbornness, I don't foresee someone who angers Jester and tries to stay on his island being able to weather the storm for long.
              "Darling, you are a bitch. I'm joining the Navy." -Cinema Guy 4/30/2009

Comment

Quoth shankyknitter View Post
                Dog poop. Fragrant dog poop hidden somewhere in her room.
                Um, NO, as I'm trying to actually rent out that room!

And I don't see much likelihood of my being given access to her new room, wherever it may be. So, again, no.

Quoth Seshat View Post
                I must remind everyone that we do not advocate causing any sort of permanent damage to anyone's property.

(But throwing her whites in the washing machine with a brand new red shirt and leaving it to her to bleach it out ... ahem. No, I wouldn't suggest that, would I?)
                The site does not in any way condone such things.

Of course, what I do on my own time is a whole 'nother kettle of fish.

As for the laundry thing, no, my revenge will wait until she is out of this apartment and her keys are in my hand. I will play nice.

For now.

Quoth dougall View Post
                Would eviction procedures show up on a background check if so it may be worth the trouble for devilment if nothing else.
                I thought about that, I really did. And I think it would. But the problem with eviction procedures is that you have to go to the court to initiate them. The court which is only open on weekdays. When I work. So, in all likelihood, I would have to miss some work, and thus some income, to do this.

Fuck that. This bitch has fucked me over enough. I am not losing income because of her, too.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

so what you are telling me is there is no real proof she lives with you aside from the keys and from her stuff being there...

if she didn't sign anything then she has no proof. I say evict her then.
                  Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
                  Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

Given that I know nothing about situations like this, I just have a question that popped up when you said you wouldn't take the time out of your day to start eviction proceedings, Jester.

What about your roomate, Mr. Anti-Social? Or does he work a daytime job, too?

Just curious.

Quoth gremcint View Post
                    so what you are telling me is there is no real proof she lives with you aside from the keys and from her stuff being there...

Jester's already said he spoke with a cop. Someone who knows Florida state laws, so I'm betting there's some technicality wherein she can claim he's stolen her stuff or other stupid shit like that, maybe. I don't know. But reading through the thread, I would think that would have been Jester's first action, if it were an option. Well, that among....other things to let her know just how very, um, unappreciative he is of her shenanigans.

Comment

Quoth gremcint View Post

There is also the fact that she has changed her address and has received mail at this address.

Yes, I think that's crazy. Yes, the cop thought it was crazy. And yes, technically speaking, that's enough.

Not to mention the already-stated fact that she is planning on leaving anyway at the end of the month, so eviction procedures would be a moot point.

Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post
                      Given that I know nothing about situations like this, I just have a question that popped up when you said you wouldn't take the time out of your day to start eviction proceedings, Jester.

What about your roomate, Mr. Anti-Social? Or does he work a daytime job, too?
                      Mr. Anti-Social is, as the name I've chosen for him, not a real people person. He is also not the primary leaseholder, nor as vindictive as me. He wants her out as much as possible, but is far too lazy to bother going to court to start procedures that, as I have stated, would be moot.

Plus, he tends to be nocturnal and sleep through the day. So yeah, he has a day job: being unconscious.

The roommate hunt continues, with two prospectives coming to view the place sometime this week. Both have hectic schedules, one involving a brand new job (he just moved down here), so we're going to work something out. Amusingly, one is someone I worked with many years ago, though we did not realize that at first over the phone until she mentioned the place in question. At first she did not believe me, thought I must have thought she was someone else, until I correctly told her what the name she goes by is short for, which is very much not a common name. (Including her, the total number of people I've met with that name is....one.)

I'm just hoping she is not as much of a train wreck (drugs and booze) as she was back in the day. It's certainly a possibility. We'll see.

In other related news, the Manipulative Diva is playing nice, as am I, to get things rolling in the right direction, but I so want that bitch OUT of here. If she thinks my current civility means I am going to forgive and forget, she truly does not know a thing about me.

Still A Customer."

Comment

So.. it's been more than 7 days. Any updates?
                        Fixing problems... one broken customer at a time.

Comment

Update: She's gone. She left the keys. No trouble there. Amusingly, as much as she bitched about us, she left a bag or two of trash behind. Whatever. Somehow, that's fitting. Now, the only dealing I have to have with her is collection of her one month of utility bills, and then I can wipe that ugly chapter out of my life. I do hope she doesn't stiff me on those bills.

Still have not found a new roommate. I hate this shit.

Still A Customer."

Comment

*waits as the effect of her actions kick in*
                            "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                            "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Hell I'd move down there if I didnt have the kids, and my job, and responsibilities...sigh.
                              https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                              Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

No updates. No drama from ex-roommate. Tomorrow I will know what the utilities are and thus what she owes. Knowing how she's been, I am going to make sure I have copies of the bills so I can itemize everything, down to the penny. Puke.

The two people who called over the weekend to check out the place have vanished from the planet, having not called to ask me to reschedule, tell me they're not interested for some reason, or explained why they seemingly disappeared off the face of the earth.

Two new calls today, which went to my voice mail, as I was at work, and while I am given a lot of leeway, answering my cell while behind the bar would definitely be frowned upon.. Being the considerate sort, I called them during a lull in the action at work to let them know that I would be working for several more hours, and would call them once I finished, somewhere near 6 or 7. Both times, my calls went unanswered and I left voice mails to the effect of what I had been going to tell them directly. Neither called back. Called them both after I finally finished work around 7:30. Both calls went to voice mail. I left cheerful messages for both.

Haven't heard a peep.

Perhaps Becks is right. Maybe the room really IS cursed.

Bleah. This shit sucks. Definitely putting a damper on my Cinco de Mayo.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                                X