This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling all crafters!!

To all the crafty, artsy ladies on here, I would like to commission your talents
    I don't really know what I want, other than a queen-size quilt, and 2 pillow cases.

I also don't know who I will be calling upon...might get something from everyone!

Basically, I would like for you guys to do up a couple sketches/word-pictures, so that I can maybe see what's what.
    But, before I start wasting my time and your time paying everybody*, could you post some pictures of (what you feel is) your memorable work?

*Yes, I am paying for drawings, whether or not I ask you to male it. I don't work for free, neither do you

Like I said, I don't know what I want. I will probably just have something click when I see it. Since you are the professionals, ask me any questions you need to in order to make the job easier.

Also, if texting or emailing is easier/more convenient for you (it is for me), just PM me and I'll get them to you.

Thanks!!!
    Nathan

Sounds fun! I make so many different things that I don't even know where to start... I guess I'll hit the high end and the low end.

Most memorable, most expensive work:

This is a "quad suit" which is to say that it's a costume that goes on all fours. That's not a plush or a toy, that's me under there. Probably not what you're looking for, but I can never resist mentioning it, because I'm so darn pleased with it still, even though at this point it's about three years old. Still one of my best projects.

Most memorable, popular, and cheap work:

That's a "Loonakit" which is a style of stuffed animal basically consisting of a head, and a tail, and not much else. I've done hundreds at this point, of all kinds of different animals and characters, and I still love making them. This particular one is a blue-footed boobie. They actually don't normally have feet, but given its name, they had to be included!

I'm looking forward to seeing what everybody else posts!
    The best advice is this: Don't take advice and don't give advice. ~Author Unknown

Nobody can give you wiser advice than yourself. ~Cicero

See the fuzzy - http://bladespark.livejournal.com/

Comment

Sparks: holy talent Batman! That first one is extremely impressive. Maybe if you can incorporate a beergut, I'll get one?
      Any pictures of quilts and such?
      Also, this has now (possibly) turned into commissioning two sets of linen.
      Do any of the crafters have a website/blog/etc.?

Comment

One more thing, just to keep you guys on your toes:
        As everyone knows, people on this board are fluent in customer-ese, and have highly trained BTM filters. I have also seen in your posts your thoughts when dealing with customers.
        When dealing with me, filters get turned off and you get to say whatever the hell you want to. Crafters who amuse me might just get a bonus as a result of this too if I get some good laughs from it
        So, have at 'er!

Comment

I don't quilt, sadly, so I haven't got any quilting pictures. Plush making, mascot making, clothing making, and quilting all have the sewing machine in common, but that's about it. They each have their own totally different skill sets, and I only do the plushes and the mascots.

I should add that I know there's at least one very good quilter on here, as I have two quilts from her, Kanalah. Her stuff is really very amazing.
          The best advice is this: Don't take advice and don't give advice. ~Author Unknown

Nobody can give you wiser advice than yourself. ~Cicero

See the fuzzy - http://bladespark.livejournal.com/

Comment

*teh only crafts words*
            so, what's prompted this largess, TK? got a gold mine we don't know about?
            EDIT: spark, you are right to be proud of that fursuit-- it's fascinating, just looking at it... let alone the skill mastery involved making it, and time.
            "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
            "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Quoth teh_blumchenkinder
              *teh only crafts words*
              so, what's prompted this largess, TK? got a gold mine we don't know about?
              EDIT: spark, you are right to be proud of that fursuit-- it's fascinating, just looking at it... let alone the skill mastery involved making it, and time.
              I'm getting pissed off at my currentcquilt falling apart, and my pillowcases. And my sister wants a new quilt for her birthday.
              As for the goldmine......I mean, it might NE what, $600 for two sets? Plus shipping? Not that bad...you get what you pay for right?I wouldn't nessicarily say it's a gold mine, but I'm definitely not hurting for money. And I might as well support those who might be.

Comment

*waves* Hi, yeah I make quilts! Thanks for the kind words Spark!

I don't really have a gallery per-se, but some of my work is uploaded here: http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k211/kanalah/

I also have an Etsy shop, but I won't post the link here because I don't want people to think I'm spamming or something. >.> But there is a link in my blog.

I do also make pillowcases, but I can't make sheet sets, sadly.
                https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Kanalah: impressive work. I'll PM you in a bit...

Comment

Working...
                  X