Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you seriously just ask to grab my boobs?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you seriously just ask to grab my boobs?

Hello, all... i am kinda new here, mostly i have been lurking... so be gentle with me...

Quick Background...I work for a popular bookstore chain in the cafe serving Starbucks... (though we are NOT starbucks, we just serve their snarfing products). Also, I am kind of busty. It's not a secret, dammit, I know I am pretty busty, for chrissakes they have been with me for the last 15 years. Usually I am wearing some kind of frumpy giant shirt because I don't care too much about work, and I just want to be comfy and then go home..... but this day was a little nicer, and I wore a nice shirt and my black collared work shirt over the top, unbuttoned to show my nice tank-top underneath. I KNOW how to dress myself tactfully, and it was not indecent by any stretch of the imagination. Also important to note is that I have a tattoo on my chest. I realize this calls attention to my chest, but hey, i can be sexy without expecting outright lewdness.

The other day I opened the store, and my help was late, so it was all me... I am feeling pretty and in a decent mood. The very first customer is a seedy looking older guy, probably in his early 50's, skinny, weasly looking with little glasses and longish hair, a bald spot on top. he comes right up to the counter and he does a double take at me as he asks for his coffee. Then he starts talking....
    HIM:"Wow, that's a nice tattoo!"
    Me: (eye-roll) "thanks" (thinking to myself, now i know exactly where you are looking)
    Him: "Well, i guess if you got it you gotta flaunt it, huh?"
    Me: "heh. heh" (this in a very noncommittal laugh. i don't feel i am "flaunting" anything i am simply wearing a nice looking tank top.)
    Him: "Just letting them all hang out there, huh?"
    Me: "..." (staring at him thinking, why are you still talking?)
    Him: "My hands are really cold, you think i could warm them up in there?"
    Me: (jaw drop... stare of death.... quickly trying to think of a way to tell him to go to hell without losing my job, and failing)
    Him: "uh, yep, pretty chilly out today...uh... thanks!" grabs coffee and runs from my death-glare...

at least he seemed to realize that that last line was pretty stupid.......
    "we're forced to bed, but we're free to dream." TTH

god, how did you not kill him after the first comment?

he needs a good beating with a rolled up newspaper...or something. what a smarmy little turdstain. ick.
    look! it's ghengis khan!
    Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Urgh what a creep
      No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

How about..."My foot's kinda cold, mind if I warm it by shoving it up your ass?

M
        I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Quoth Mongo Skruddgemire View Post

M
          Great combeback . . . I'll need to remember that one

Seriously though . . . creep is too mild a description for this moron. I wonder what management's thoughts would be on an incident of that nature . . .

Or should I dare wonder
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth felixxkatt View Post

quickly trying to think of a way to tell him to go to hell without losing my job
            First of all, welcome!

Secondly, when a customer gets out of line you can and should call them on it. You don't have to scream and yell, you don't have to use physical violence, but you have the right to say, "Hey! I don't appreciate the way you're speaking to me. If you'd like your coffee, you'd better knock it off!" Don't most food and/or beverage type places state they reserve the right to refuse service? Personally, I would want to tear the guy's arms off and beat him to death with them, or pour scalding coffee on his hands and see if that warms him up, but just stating that he offended you and that he'd better watch his mouth (and maintain eye contact and wipe the drool off his chin) is never unacceptable. If nothing else, grab a manager, tell them the guy is being a pig, and let him/her toss him out (I haven't always gotten along with all managers, but I never once met one who wouldn't stand up for me or a coworker when a customer went to far).

It is our profession to serve the customer. But we don't have to take their crap.
            Last edited by Kara; 04-17-2007, 01:31 PM.
            "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth felixxkatt View Post
              Me: (jaw drop... stare of death.... quickly trying to think of a way to tell him to go to hell without losing my job, and failing)
              Tell him to go to hell then inform the manager. That is sexual harassment and No manager wants to allow that to go on.
              I AM the evil bastard!
              A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth Mongo Skruddgemire View Post

M
                hahaha... nice!
                "I've come to realize that ever since I started working, everyday is a little bit worse then the day before...so that means every day is the worst day of my life..."
                - Office Space

Comment

Not a good way for him to make a first impression to say the least.

Comment

I got curious a while ago and asked about chat-up lines - which ones were good. I suspect this is one of the not good ones.

Tell me again why he lives?

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                      Tell me again why he lives?
                      Rapscallion
                      Probably too much paperwork to fill out if she does kill him.
                      "Sir... sir... diagnosing computer problems over the phone is like diagnosing brain cancer with a pointy stick"
                      -ahanix1989, inspired by bash.org

Comment

lol... well, he lives because as i mentioned, being a busty chick and having been in customer service for the last 8 years or so, i am getting pretty used to stupid things tht men say. it still kinda floors me when someone goes as far as this guy, but people (read MEN) ask me about the tattoo ALL THE TIME. if i went around killing them all i'd be a mass murderer. so you just have to make a judgement call, i judged this guy as "annoying but harmless pig-dog" and glared him away from the bar. he has thus far been to afraid to come back and order from me, he now waits until someone else is at the register.... my glare of death is pretty scary.

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
                        god, how did you not kill him after the first comment?
                        he needs a good beating with a rolled up newspaper...or something. what a smarmy little turdstain. ick.

if i killed every man who stared at my chest or "complimented" my tattoo i would have to slaughter my way across the state...
                        unfortunately i think he'd LIKE getting beat with a rolled up newspaper!

Quoth Kara_CS View Post
                        when a customer gets out of line you can and should call them on it. ... If nothing else, grab a manager, tell them the guy is being a pig, and let him/her toss him out (I haven't always gotten along with all managers, but I never once met one who wouldn't stand up for me or a coworker when a customer went to far).

It is our profession to serve the customer. But we don't have to take their crap.
                        oh i don't stand for much crap, generally, but this guy is all buddy buddy with one of the managers, and in our store people have been known to be fired just for calling the "confidential" corporate hotline to complain about management or harrassement. it's a nice thought though. if he had dared one more thing i would have been tearing him a new one, but at 9 AM he was the first human being i had spoken to, and i was just not on my game yet!
                        Last edited by Spiffy McMoron; 04-17-2007, 06:15 PM.
                        "we're forced to bed, but we're free to dream." TTH

Comment

That is really a great way to pick up women......NOT! Does that guy watch too many "Friday After Dark" films on Cinemax where all the women are so easy to go to bed with?

Comment

The OP reminded me about a story told by a friend of mine and in some odd way it involves tattoos. My friend has this lovely shirt, it's gray and it has an amazing design of a Phoenix on it. The Phoenix runs from her left side all the way to her sleeve. Needless to say, it looks real and if it wasn't on fabric it would make a great tattoo. One day I was visiting her at her job and this guy walks up to her. She happens to be wearing the shirt and said guy actually asks if that was a tattoo. Remember it was a gray shirt so it made the whole situation funny.

As for the breast thing; two words: Sexual Harassment.
                            The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Should've implied somehow that you weren't "post-op" yet. /snicker

"When you're done warming your hands on my boobs, you can play with my weiner."
                              ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Working...
                              X