This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only The Best and the Pointless Questions

First of all, and I'm sure that most if not all places must get people like this, what is with the people who insist on inspecting all the stock so that they may determine which is the "best" one so that they may purchase it? I had a woman yesterday, who was otherwise nice enough, spend 20 minutes looking through our "pre-viewed sale DVDs". (Translation: We rented them out to people, now we don't need em, so you can buy em!) When she came up to the counter, she had 5 copies of each of the 4 movies she wanted to buy. She insisted that I open every one, inspect them all, and give her the 'best' ones.
    Now, let me just say this. Before we are allowed to sell any pre-viewed or pre-played goods, we have to put it through the disc inspector, clean it with the polisher, clean it by hand if it still doesn't look fabulous, and run it through the inspector again. I've never once had someone return a faulty movie they bought from us.
    Basically, all the discs are the same. Same content, same quality, same lack of damage. How do these SCs expect us to pick the best out of a bunch of identical items?

Secondly, I am just so sick of any and all people who have conversations with me like this:

Them: Hey, I was wondering if you could help me with [Something]
    Me: Oh, well, I really don't know anything about [Something], I can't help you there... you should ask Bob about that, I can't help you.
    Them: Oh, ok. Cos what I was going to ask was blah blah blah blah?
    Me: ...... Yeah.... I really don't know anything about that. You should ask Bob.
    Them: Oh yeah I absolutely will. I was just wondering if etc etc
    Me:
    Re: Quiche.
    Pie is manly.
    Eggs, meat, and cheese are manly.
    Therefore, making an egg, meat, and cheese pie must be very manly.
    So sayeth Spiffy McMoron!

Y'all have a disc-inspector? How does it work?
    You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

The disc inspector? It just little old guy that sits in the back room. He has really thick glasses, big tufts of white hair sprouting out all over his little head, and he does nothing but sit in the back inspecting the discs. He has one rag for polishing that never gets cleaned.
      Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."

Comment

Slightly here, but this is something interesting to note.

Many games stores that trade in used PS2, Xbox, etc. games, are refusing to trade in used video store games. The reason has to do with that plastic anti theft device that many video rental places are putting on the discs. Over time, as the sticky plastic ages, it shrinks and causes the silvery film which the recording actually is on, to crack. Once it cracks or peels, the recording is shot, rendering the disc useless. There are ways to get them off though, but it's really not worth the trouble to go to it just to be able to trade a crappy piece of plastic in to get another equally crappy bit of plastic back.
        Learn wisdom by the follies of others.

Comment

The disc-inspector is a little machine, it's a combo with the polisher, it scans the disc and if it comes up with 3 faulty sections it automatically stops because 3 is when we say "damaged, send it to head office". If there's 1 or 2 damaged sections we usually run it on our DVD player in store and see what it's like - sometimes it's unplayable, sometimes it's not even noticeable.

Btw, I don't *think* our discs have any of that anti-theft stuff. We do keep most of our games (and movies) and only sell the excess - if we get 5 copies when it's a new release we eventually sell off 3 or 4. So it would be hurting ourselves to put something that, over time, would just break all our stock. *shrug* None of them look like they got anything extra on em either.
          Re: Quiche.
          Pie is manly.
          Eggs, meat, and cheese are manly.
          Therefore, making an egg, meat, and cheese pie must be very manly.
          So sayeth Spiffy McMoron!

Comment

Quoth BusyBee View Post

Them: Hey, I was wondering if you could help me with [Something]
            Me: Oh, well, I really don't know anything about [Something], I can't help you there... you should ask Bob about that, I can't help you.
            Them: Oh, ok. Cos what I was going to ask was blah blah blah blah?
            Me: ...... Yeah.... I really don't know anything about that. You should ask Bob.
            Them: Oh yeah I absolutely will. I was just wondering if etc etc
            Me:
            That also irriates me. I work for internet support, yet I always get that customer.

Me: Thank you for calling internet support..........
            SC: Yes, my caller ID isn't working.
            Me: OK, sir, I will need to transfer you to our repair center. We only do internet.
            SC: Well, it was supposed to be added to my account yesterday.
            Me: I understand that, sir, but I need to connect to repair to verify why it does not work.
            SC: I just can't understand it. You all told me it would be working today.
            Me: Again, sir, I understand what you are saying, but I need to connect you to someone who can help you better with this situation.
            SC: What? You mean I have to speak to another department? (I told him this now three times!)

Comment

Working...
            X