X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But two days is too quick!

I always seem to get the geniuses!

So at about 5pm on Saturday evening, a lady wants some photos printed. I go through all the hard stuff like name, phone number, size of prints, how many copies.

Me: So is that the two day service?
    Cust: Is that your cheapest?
    Me: Yep
    Cust: Then that's fine. When will they be ready?
    Me: <checks watch> 5pm Monday
    Cust: But that's the day after tomorrow!
    Me: Umm...yep...two days.
    Cust: But that's too quick! I want the two day service. You'll charge me extra to pick them up on Monday evening!
    Me: I can assure you we won't. I give you the price now, and that's the price you pay.
    Cust: Well, I don't want this Monday service. I want your longest service.
    Me: That's what you're getting. <pointing to price and service sign> Our 48hour service. <big mistake to change from days to hours>
    Cust: 48hours? Why didn't you offer that before?
    Me:
    Cust: I'll take that service then. When will they be ready?
    Me: 5pm Monday.
    Cust: That's much better. See you Monday!
    Me: <runs to tell colleagues of the latest genius>

Oh no no no no no...PLEASE tell me that this is just a made up story.

SURELY people cannot be this stupid
    Last edited by FastFoodFlunky; 08-07-2006, 03:45 AM.

Comment

You see, 48 is clearly a larger number than 2. And time increments are silly.
      Desk-On: Apply directly to the forehead.

Comment

Words cannot begin to describe my thoughts on that post, so I'll let some smilies demonstrate.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Could be worse... imagine what would have happened if you told her they'd be ready by 1700 hours on monday? She'd probably think it would take months
          Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Comment

I felt my IQ go down a point because of that woman's reasoning. Wow, just wow is all I have to say.
            The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Please tell me you shot her before she could have babies....
              "I reject your reality and substitute my own"....Adam Savage-Mythbuster

Must remember to stop using "brain of death" on slower morons.... I meant customers.

Comment

Oh, man, between this woman and the rug cleaner chick, my IQ dropped several points. Seriously, though, what is there not to get about "2 day service"? People are just sooooo stupid sometimes. Gah.

Comment

Quoth Linda View Post
                  Cust: But that's the day after tomorrow!
                  no that's a movie-available in our lovely electronics department-would you like to reserve a copy?

BlaqueKatt-feeling kinda smarmy today.....and likeing the word smarmy
                  Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

"Two days? That's tomorrah!"

Yeah, that's just like when my manager told me to stop telling phone people that we could hold a movie for them for a day. He told me I had to start saying 24 hours. Um, dude, the time is still the same length. What the hell does it matter?
                    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Time frames like this really confuse people. It hurts too much to count that high!
                      The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

I'm just amazed that we don't ever get customers complaining when I charge them for one-hour service when they drop off on Friday and want to pick up on Monday (we're closed on the weekends).
                        "At any time, for any reason and without any warning, a meteor could fall from the sky and kill us all."
                        -- The Meteor Principle

Galbadia Hotel - Free Video Game Soundtrack Downloads

Comment

I get complaints that I 'deal too fast'. It doesnt matter how fast I deal, the cards will end up in the same order and you can still take as long as youi fricking want to look at them and decide if you want to lose now or later. (I can go through a four-deck shoe of cards in under ten minutes with a fast table. Shuffles take about fifty seconds. )
                          Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Comment

I now have a medical problem. I read that and now my left eye won't stop twitching. Suggestions, anyone?

...oh great, and now my brain is bleeding in self defense...
                            "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                              "Two days? That's tomorrah!"

Yeah, that's just like when my manager told me to stop telling phone people that we could hold a movie for them for a day. He told me I had to start saying 24 hours. Um, dude, the time is still the same length. What the hell does it matter?
                              Actually, saying you'll hold it for a day, if they called at say 10a.m. might mean you'll hold it until close, or until close tomorrow, or until 10a.m. tomorrow. Saying 24 hours means only until 10a.m. tomorrow.
                              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Working...
                              X