Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which job have you had which had the highest SC rating?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which job have you had which had the highest SC rating?

In other words, which of the jobs you had garnered you the least respect and highest amount of SCs? For me it would be the pizza place; practically all the customers thought we all were brain dead, even tho all of us had graduated from college and some were at university. Plus, all the rudest, nastiest and downright spiteful customers I've ever had the misfortune to come in contact with seemed to patronise that pizza place.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Hands-down, graveyard shift at 7-11. I even had one "customer" whose apparent hobby was to come in on my shift to curse me and trash the sandwich area (I did discuss this with boss and SC was notified that he would be refused service on my shift thereafter).
    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Denny's, by far

Comment

I've only had two jobs, both at movie theatres. One was about 4x busier than the other, and had the commesurate number of SCs to go with it.
        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

while my current one has some serious 'high end' sc moments; my temp job at 'toys r us' hell over the christmas season was by far the most horrific.
          look! it's ghengis khan!
          Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

The one I'm off to right now.
            "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
            HellGate: London

Comment

When I was 19-20, I worked for a store in a well-known pharmacy chain. On these boards, I simply refer to that place as the Drug Store From Hell, because even though it's been many years, I really don't want any repercussions should anyone from there visit here. But that place was the worst, combining managers who bowed and scraped to every SC that came along and refused to back up or even properly train the employees, and every known type of SC known to CS. (shoplifters, scammers, racists, class-ists, mean old geezers, entitlement whores, self-centered soccer moms/trophy wives, perverts, sadists...did I miss anyone?)

The store closed down less than two years after I was forced out of there. Gosh, what a surprise.
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Customer service for the cell phone company i work at now, i think people really grow balls when they are on the phone. It amazes me the things people will try to get credits and free phones for. Tech support isnt too bad but you still get people demanding free phones b/c the one they have now has the slightest problem.

Comment

convenience stores (kinda like Sheetz). you'll be damned if you take too long ringing someone up for their smokes or picked the wrong kind (you must have esp and know if they want hard or soft pack, or 100's or regulars) or too slow to realize that YOU must know what everyone looks like and where they pumped their gas at, and know what the heck "x" vehicle is.

oh and you MUST be able to take $100 bills 1 hour after opening on a slow morning.

oh man, the rants I have from convenience stores are at least 10x the amount of complaints I had about a big name store where I used to work!

Comment

craft store

I dont blame them for being grumpy or rude, that place was horrible

I blame them for misdirecting their anger at ME!!!!
                    I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Small chain of convenience stores (no longer in business).

The job application had illegal questions on it, the managers were expected to work 80 to 100 hours a week, the entire store staff was the manager, a long-term employee and me, and we were open from 6 a.m. to midnight. That was also back in my young, slim, hot chick days and I was always getting hit on by customers, and had guys who would just come in and hang around for hours to bug me. Eww.

As usual, most of the regulars are nice (it was in-between high-income and blue-collar housing areas, so there was a good mix), but there was theft, the problems of working alone in a semi-rural area, dealing with drunks, and working on holidays. Typical convenience store stuff.

The store was open every day, regular hours, no holidays, no benefits, nothing. (It was a desperation job.)

There was one night when 3 teenage guys showed up just after we closed at midnight. Actually, I had just closed, alone as usual. They wanted to come in and use the phone. (This was back in the 80s, pre-cell phone days, and company policy was no outside phones to keep down dealers and such hanging around. Also, the only phone we had was a pay phone in the office.)

I told them we were closed, I couldn't let them in, and there was a bar across the freeway where they could use the phone. They wouldn't leave, and I was getting the freak-out sensation. I called the sheriff's department and got nothing but a run-around from the dispatcher.

Finally, an older guy, a regular customer, saw the teenagers' car sitting out front as he drove home. He recognized my car, knew we were closed, and got the feeling he should stop. When he arrived (almost a half-hour had gone by), he spoke to the guys, telling them the store was closed, and they should probably just find someplace else to use the phone. They finally gave up and left. I started crying and let him in and locked the door. He stayed with me until I calmed down.

The next day, I seriously started looking for another job.
                      Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                      HR believes the first person in the door
                      Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                      Document everything
                      CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Suprisingly...a health/tennis club I worked at. All the people that worked there could afford the rediculous membership fees, and to send their kids to lessons for $300. So they were extremely stuck-up and rude. Someone like me who was just a front desk person they treated like trash. My family isn't uber-rich, we're middle class and I was working to save up money for a car because I'm not spoiled enough to have them hand me one. I really didn't appreciate being treated the way I was.
                        One lady told me I had to call her son to tell him she'd be late, while holding a cell phone in her hand. I'm a front desk attendent, not your personal assistant. Also the owner used to be in the Navy so he was an asshole from the start. He tried to get me to stay till 11 PM. I was under 18 it was a school night which means I wasn't supposed to stay past 10 PM. I was also serving alcohol under 18 which is a big no-no. So needless to say when I quit, I reported him to the labor department in my state.
                        I wish more people would report to the labor departments when they are denied a break, or something similar. Companies get away with too much.
                        --AmericanZero8503--
                        Telling Stories from the Front Line a.k.a Customer Service at a Grocery Store

Comment

Gas station. By far. Especially the one I work at now, in a rich suburb.
                          I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

I'm gonna have to say Olive Garden. At least at Kinkos, you don't have to scrape meatballs of the wall. And I don't have stress dreams about Kinko's.

Comment

The gas station, by far. Here's the kicker: the owners of the store are undeniably the nicest people I know. My ex manager is the biggest sweetheart and the nicest manager ever.

The customers, however? Pure trash. Trash all around. Berate you and belittle you over anything (even though they aren't anything but gum under your shoes), they'd purposely say a different brand of something, then you'd get it, and then they'd scream and call you deaf, or whatever, they'd trash the coffee area, they'd throw pop on the floor if you just got done stocking the cooler and it wasn't cold yet...........not to mention they'd sexually harrass, gawk, and stare at every girl that worked there (but it seemed like me the most. I could be wrong, but I doubt it). Customers would drive by and, as they got closer to the store, either pull in just to see who was working, or slow down to a crawl to see who was working and slow down traffic. Pathetic people who really needed to get lives. They'd use phrases like "Ye manager" and "Gimme" and "I want" and "I need" and "GIMMMMME!" and "You better gimme" etc etc........completely uncivilized, uncultured people. Nasty.
                              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
                              X