X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Business traveler

Hello,

My first post, hope all goes well.

I work for a corporate travel agency. It blows hardcore.

I just got off a call where a traveler made his reservation thru his companys online
    booking tool, got the reservation ticketed and went on his trip. He gets to airport for his return flight and finds out he doesn't have a ticket. So he buys a new oneway ticket for the return. He calls in here and demands that he reimbursed
    for the mistake on his ticket when he booked the ticket himself online.

So I sent it off to the CSI dept and they will tell him no.

This is exactly why I'm so glad we don't have an online booking option here.
    I feel for ya. Do they have a leisure dept at your agency that you could train into? It still has its share of SC, but at least there is a wider variety (and the fams are better).

Comment

Quoth traveldork View Post
      Am I to assume that "CSI" in this case means something different than what it does on TV?

My local news just ran a piece a few days ago about the "dangers" of booking online instead of through a travel agent. Meaning, if you screw up, you have no one to blame but yourself.
      Taking personal responsibility? Oh, the inhumanity!

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Ah, yes but some can still manage to screw it up - I'm supposed to know that even though they asked for June 14th they really mean July 20th and they need to fly into Buffalo rather than Albany like they requested.
        Edit to add: I just got new clients this week that will never book online again after they bought a cheap ticket online to Melbourne only to find out the day before the flight that it was to Melbourne FLORIDA.
        Last edited by auntiem; 05-18-2007, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Before he started his cancer treatments, my boss used to have me book him flights all over the place. I've done it through the airlines themselves, through discount sites, and sometimes through a combination of the two if it would save a decent chunk of change.

I've never mistakenly booked something other than what I needed.

Then again, I'm notably OC about re-checking data before hitting the Continue button when dealing with things that will cost money to fix.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth traveldork View Post
            Ok, I'm totally picturing Horatio Caine doing the thing where he dramatically turns around and takes off the sunglasses. Then he tells the guy in no uncertain terms he will never get away with a reimbursement.

Comment

Working...
            X